The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection(IBPS) conducts a recruitment drive for the clerical cadre in the public sector banks across the country. IBPS Clerk CWE(Common Written Examination) -IX notification is now available on the official website for 11 participating banks. The online application process for IBPS Clerk 2022 CRP XII exam is ended on 21st July 2022. Through this recruitment drive, IBPS is going to conduct the IBPS Clerk CRP XII exam. The Clerical job or the Junior Associate(JA)is comparatively much more relaxing than the officer cadres. They don’t have any working pressure regarding the recovery, loan disbursement, or else any other bank-related works. A Clerk in a Public Sector Bank can withdraw a salary of Rs.18,000/ to Rs.21,000/ during their training period. After the training period, other perks and emoluments are added and the Gross Salary will have a raise. These perks make the IBPS Clerk examinations more competitive than any other bank exam. As the IBPS Clerk examination is a very much anticipated banking examination, candidates who are appearing for the examination must have an adequate IBPS Clerk study plan 2022. So we are giving you a tailored study plan minding all the important topics for the examinations. The IBPS Clerk Study Plan 2022 for 30 Days will help you to cover the examination syllabus within a short span of time.
IBPS Clerk Study Plan 30 Days
Here we are giving you a tailored IBPS Clerk Study Plan 30 Days 2022 for the Preliminary examination 2022. Try to follow this 30 Days IBPS Study Plan to cover all the topics in the syllabus. IBPS Clerk needs a systematic plan and a good amount of practice. All the topics in the syllabus are covered with abundant time for practice and revision. The last day in the week is left untouched, you can use it for attempting sectional mock tests and to cover any leftover topics. Try to solve as many as questions possible. If you are attempting offline tests try to do them within a time limit. Time management is very necessary for your success. Practice, Practice, Practice that’s the only key to success.
|Day 1||Logical Reasoning|
|Day 3||Alphanumeric Series|
|Day 4||Data Sufficiency|
|Day 7||Seating Arrangement|
|Day 17||Profit and Loss|
|Day 18||Number Series|
|Day 19||Time and Work|
|Day 20||Mixtures and Allegations|
|Day 21||Simple and Compound Interest|
|Day 22||Time and Distance|
Click here for IBPS Clerk study plan pdf download!
IBPS Clerk Main Topics to Cover in 2022
It is important that the candidates who are appearing for an examination to go through the correct syllabus during their preparation. With the help of the correct syllabus, candidates can prepare the IBPS Clerk prelims study plan and IBPS Clerk mains study plan for the year 2022. The given below are the main topics that candidates can follow for the IBPS Clerk Examination 2022.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Main Topics to Cover
Questions are asked from the reasoning section for testing mainly the mental ability of the candidates. The quantitative section is for testing the numerical ability and the English part is for analyzing the vocabulary and grammar knowledge of the candidates.
- Logical Reasoning
- Alphanumeric Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Input-Output Machine
- Alphabet Test
IBPS Clerk Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- Profit and Loss
- Number Series
- Time and Work
- Mixtures and Allegations
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Time and Distance
- Data Interpretation
- Ratio & Proportion
- Number Systems
- Sequence and Series
- Permutation & Combination
IBPS Clerk English Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension
- Jumbled Paragraph
- Multiple Meaning / Error Spotting
- Fill in the blanks
- Paragraph Completion
General and Financial Awareness
- Introduction to National financial institutions like RBI, SEBI, IRDA, FSDC etc
- International organizations like IMF, World Bank, ADB, UN, etc,
- Abbreviations and Economic terminologies,
- Banking Terms,
- Important Government Schemes on capital & money market.
- Budget and Monetary Plans of the Government
- History of the Indian banking system
- Current Affairs – Last 06 months
- Different Government Schemes
Static GK Quiz for IBPS Clerk Exam General Awareness – Practice Here
IBPS Clerk Mains Topics to Cover
For quantitative, reasoning, and the English language has the syllabus is as same as that of the preliminary exam. Candidates who are cleaning the preliminary examination are requested to brush up on the knowledge from the above-mentioned topics for the main examination. Computer aptitude covers the following topics.
Computer Aptitude (Mains)
- Computer Abbreviation
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Microsoft Office
- Computer Hardware and software
- Fundamentals and Terminologies
- Operating System Networking
Click here for IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2022 pdf download!
IBPS Clerk Mock Test 2022
Mock tests help the candidates to know more about the examination, pattern, and difficulty level of the examination. There are many mock tests from Entri that are available online for the candidates who are preparing for the IBPS Clerk examination 2022. Attending the mock tests can benefit the candidates in many ways. Here are some of the benefits of attending the IBPS Clerk Mock tests from Entri.
|IBPS Clerk preliminary mock test||Click here|
|IBPS Clerk mains mock test||Click here|
|IBPS Clerk English language mock test||Click here|
|IBPS Clerk General Awareness mock test||Click here|
|IBPS Clerk Quantitative Aptitude mock test||Click here|
|IBPS Clerk reasoning ability mock test||Click here|
- Taking a mock test before the examination will give an insight into the difficulty level and the kind of questions that are asked in the examination.
- Mock tests are usually prepared under the supervision or of experienced faculty and mentors. This will give a candidate a good understanding and knowledge regarding the topics and also will give you an introduction to some of the repeatedly asked questions.
- Practicing more and more questions will make your preparation more perfect and will ensure you to score good ranks in the final rank list.
- Mock tests are prepared by the experts and they are prepared in a way that gives students a feel of the real exam. For most of the students about to take a major examination to land on their dream job, mock tests provide a trial run and will help to increase their confidence. Being placed in the same situation and feeling the same amount of pressure before the actual competitive exam will inculcate some self-analytical capacity and confidence in the student.
- Mock Test helps in reducing pre-exam nervousness, as the candidate has already appeared for a version of the exam before, on the final day he will be more relaxed.
- Most students who are preparing for competitive exams do so in chapters, units, and sections during their preparation. By the end of it all, candidates will have complete confidence that they are prepared to take the competitive exam. But on the final exam day, being tensed on the exam situation can move things sideways and can affect the candidate’s performance in the examination. This happens because of a tendency to underestimate the toughness of the questions and the scope of the syllabus in a combined way. Attending as many mock tests before the examination can help the candidates to overcome this situation.
- Mock tests are important because of the practice they provide. Practice makes the preparation more thorough and gives confidence to the candidates. For the competitive exam, revision is key to remembering all that you have studied. Multiple attempts of the Mock Test help students revise the entire syllabus in the simulated setting of the actual exam. This way they remember what they have learned and perform well in the actual exams.
- Mock tests make students familiar with the style and scope of the question paper. Managing to finish the exam on time is really challenging. Mock tests help the candidates with time management which, in itself, is half the work done. The candidate is given the chance to work on the problem and to overcome that. After taking several mock tests, the student is in a position to work on his weaknesses and to chalk out a plan to overcome them.
Click here to attempt IBPS Clerk Exam mock tests 2022!
IBPS Clerk Previous Question Paper PDF
The memory-based year-wise IBPS Clerk question paper comprises a total of 100 questions divided into three main sections of the exam. Attempting IBPS Clerk model questions and previous year question paper is important for understanding the level of IBPS Clerk Prelims and Mains examination.
IBPS Clerk previous year question paper consists of 30 questions of each section taken from IBPS Clerk previous year papers. The candidates will also get detailed solutions along with answers in the IBPS Clerk previous year’s question paper PDFs attached below.
List of IBPS Clerk Question Papers PDF:
|IBPS Clerk Question Paper 2018 – Prelims||CLICK HERE|
|IBPS Clerk Question Paper 2018- Mains||CLICK HERE|
|Verbal Ability IBPS Clerk Question Paper 2017 – Prelims||CLICK HERE|
|Reasoning IBPS Clerk Question Paper 2017 – Prelims||CLICK HERE|
|Quant IBPS Clerk Question Paper 2017 – Prelims||CLICK HERE|
IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy 2022
- Mock tests are the best way to check your level of preparation and help candidates understand your strengths and weaknesses. After attempting the mock test, analyze your answers and identify weak areas.
- Solve IBPS Clerk Previous Test Questions and analyze your performance after viewing the solutions. Before the exam itself, candidates get to know their weaknesses and strengths, which they can improve.
- It is good to buy recommended mock test for IBPS Clerk exam as it will help you prepare better in less time.
IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy 2022: Reasoning Ability
To score higher in Reasoning ability, it is important to choose the right question, candidates always know which question to skip and solve later. It is necessary to know the important topics for IBPS Clerk 2022 to focus on and complete preparation strategy. Below are the topics and questions that were asked in the IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2022.
|Questions Asked in IBPS Clerk 2021 Prelims Exam: Reasoning Ability|
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Circular Seating Arrangement (8 Persons- inside)||5|
|Floor & Flat Based Puzzle||5|
|Uncertain Linear Seating Arrangement (North facing)||4|
|Month Based Puzzle||5|
|Direction and Distance||3|
|Order & Ranking||1|
IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy 2022: Quantitative Aptitude
One of the important things in Quantitative Aptitude is Time Management, Time Management is most important proper time management can help the candidates to score well in the exam. Here we have provided Topic and Chapter Questions asked in IBPS Clerk 2021 Prelims Exam.
|Questions Asked in IBPS Clerk 2021 Prelims Exam: Quantitative Aptitude|
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Tabular Data Interpretation (Cinema Halls)||5|
|Arithmetic (Age, Percentage, Miscture & Allegation, SI & CI, Profit & Loss, Speed, Distance & Time, etc.)||15|
IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy 2022: English Language
In the given table we have listed the English language questions that were asked in the IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2021, these questions are very useful for the preparation of the upcoming IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2022.
|Questions Asked in IBPS Clerk 2021 Prelims Exam: English Language|
|Topics||No. of Questions|
IBPS Clerk Selection Procedure
The IBPS clerk recruitment is a long four staged selection process. Let’s have a glimpse of it. Know more about the IBPS Clerk Selection Process 2022 here.
- Preliminary exam
- Mains exam
The preliminary examination will be conducted on the dates that are been notified by the commission. Those candidates who are shortlisted after the preliminary examination can only attend the main examination by the recruitment body. Those candidates who are selected after the main examination will have their name,es on the final rank list and their documents will be verified by the authority.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2022
The IBPS Clerk exam occurs in two stages: Prelims and Mains. Both these papers follow the online method of conducting the written examination. The structure of the exam is as follow:
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
The preliminary exam of IBPS Clerk CWE is an online exam testing a candidate on the basis of their aptitude, intellect, and English. There are three sections in total and the candidate must clear the cut-off of each section to proceed to the mains exam round.
Candidates are required to solve the question paper in the time frame of 20 minutes for each section. The composite mark of the paper is 100 and the passing marks are decided by IBPS that is likely to change every year depending on the level of difficulty of the exam.
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Total||100||100||Composite time of 1 Hour|
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing minimum cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. The adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
Click here to attempt a free mock test to ace your IBPS Clerk 2022 Preparations
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern 2022
No changes have been observed in the Exam Pattern of IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam. IBPS Clerk Mains Exam will now constitute 190 questions that need to be completed in a time frame of 160 minutes.
Previously, Computer Aptitude and Reasoning Ability Section used to be conducted separately. But, in the recent update by IBPS, both these sections are amalgamated together and will constitute 50 questions that need to be solved in a time duration of 45 minutes. Both Preliminary Exam and Mains Exam will be conducted bilingually, i.e. both in English and in Hindi. Let’s have a look at the Exam Pattern for IBPS Clerk CWE X.
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|2||English Language||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|4||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
There is a penalty for wrong answers marked in both preliminary examination as well as mains examination. A wrong answer to an objective question will lead to a penalty of one-fourth of the total mark assigned to that question. There will be no penalty for the question left blank or unanswered.
Penalty for Wrong Answers
There will be a penalty for incorrect responses marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty to arrive at a corrected score. If a question is left blank.
Score Calculation for IBPS Clerk Exam
The accurate scores received by each of the competitors in different sessions will be normalized using the equi-percentile method. Scores up to two decimal points shall be considered for the total calculations
IBPS Clerk Cut-off Score (Online Main examination)
Each applicant will be expected to achieve a minimum score in each test of the Online Main Examination and also a minimum complete score to be considered for more processes. Depending on the number of State/ UT wise vacancies available, cut-offs will be decided and candidates will be considered for temporary allotment. Before the completion of the provisional allotment process scores obtained in the Online Main Examination will not be shared with the candidates.
Documents to be Produced
- Printout of the online application form registered for CRP Clerks-XI
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Photo Identify Proof as indicated in Point G
- Mark-sheets & certificates for Graduation or equivalent qualification etc. Proper document from Board / University for having declared the result has to be submitted.
- Caste Certificate
- Income and Asset Certificate
- Disability certificate
- Ex-Servicemen category should submit Proforma B from the Competent Authority showing his/her date of completion of a specific period of engagement (SPE) along with the declaration in Proforma C.
- Candidates serving in Government / quasi govt offices/ Public Sector Undertakings (including Nationalised Banks and Financial Institutions) are required to produce a “No Objection Certificate”
- Persons eligible for age relaxation should bring the relevant documents related to it.
- Any other relevant documents in support of eligibility.
Get Higher Rank on IBPS Clerk Exams- Download Entri App Now!
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2022
Candidate must be either Citizen of India/Subject of Nepal or Bhutan/Tibetan Refugee who settled in India before January 1962/Person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries, Zaire, and Vietnam. The East African Countries could be Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Malawi, and Zambia.
IBPS Clerk Age Limit
The Minimum Age Limit is 20 Years and the Maximum age limit is 28 years. However, there is upper age relaxation for various categories. Have a look:
|Person with Disabilities||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Period of Service + 3 Years|
|Widows/divorced women/Unmarried Women legally separated from their husbands||9 Years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots/ Persons domiciled in J&K from January 1980 to December 1989/Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal||5 years|
IBPS Clerk Educational Qualification
As per the IBPS Clerk eligibility, candidates who wish to appear for the bank Clerk exam should have at least a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
IBPS Clerk Educational Qualification- Salient points
- Computer literacy is a mandatory requirement.
- The candidate should also be able to read and write in the official language of the state they have indicated as their preferred service destination.
- Ex-servicemen who are not graduates should at least have a matriculation certificate along with 15 years of service. They should have been awarded the Army Special Certificate of Education or its equivalent in the Air Force or Navy.
The Institute does not specify any IBPS Clerk eligibility percentage. The individual banks use the IBPS calculation of aggregate percentage for their purposes.
As the IBPS Clerk exam is entirely online-based, candidates should practice Online Quizzes to experience the scope of the actual exam.
The candidates applying for the exam should fulfill the following criteria:
- Citizenship of India
- Subjects of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan Refugee who arrived prior to 1 January 1962
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma(Myanmar), Vietnam or East African countries of the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire or Ethiopia to permanently settle in India
Get Higher Rank on IBPS Clerk Exams- Download Entri App Now!
IBPS Clerk 2022 Study Materials
Books For IBPS Clerk English Language
This section is common to both Prelims and Mains. The syllabus is the same for both stages. We get you the best IBPS Clerk English Language Books below:
a. Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis: This book is one of the best vocabulary builders available. The book gives a simple step-by-step method to build one’s knowledge and mastery of the English Language. On completion of this book, you will have a strong vocabulary.
b. English Grammar by Wren & Martin: One of the most sought-after English books, English Grammar by Wren & Martin is all that you need to improve your knowledge of the grammatical rules of the English language. The book explains every aspect of English grammar in the most simplified manner.
c. English Grammar by SP Bakshi: English Grammar by SP Bakshi comprises examples and practice questions from every topic like parts of speech, identifying subject and predicate, sentence forming, voice change, etc.
Books For IBPS Clerk Numerical Ability
This section is also common to both IBPS Clerk Preliminary and Main exams. The best books for IBPS Clerk preparation for the Numerical Ability section are as below:
a. Arithmetic for General Competitions by Neetu Singh: This arithmetic book covers a wide range of general topics like Ratio and Proportion, Simple Interest, Pipes and Cisterns, Time and Distance, Work and Wages, etc. The book is helpful for almost all competitive examinations, including IBPS Clerk as it gives explanations of concepts in a simplified manner. Also, it provides quality practice questions.
b. Competitive Aptitude for Competitive Examinations (S.Chand) R.S.Agarwal: The book has a special acceptance among candidates appearing for a wide gamut of competitive exams. This book comprises a bulk of questions with easy-to-understand solutions. It provides the core concept of arithmetical ability that begins from the Number System and goes down to Tabulation, Surds, and Indices, Simplification, Bar graphs, Banker’s Discount, etc.
Books For IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability
Again, this section is also included in both Prelims and Mains. The best books for IBPS Clerk Reasoning Ability listed below will, thus, be of help to you for both the stages:
a. Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey: This book is an effective start to improve your reasoning and logical skills. The book is specifically designed to keep up with the basic needs of competitive examinations.
b. Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal: The book has long been known to help aspirants sail through their exams. This book covers almost all the topics and subtopics included in the IBPS Clerk syllabus and is inclined towards enabling its readers to formulate their reasoning abilities.
c. A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal (Arihant) by BS Sijwali: The revised version of this book has been divided into three segments- Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning, and Analytical Reasoning. The Verbal Reasoning segment comprises puzzles, coding, quizzical questions related to analogy, etc. The Non-Verbal Reasoning section consists of questions that require one to be mentally imaginative, like analyzing patterns to complete figures. Analytical Reasoning covers syllogism, cause, and effect of particular questions, etc. The book comprises thousands of model questions and previous year’s entrance examination questions along with detailed solutions.
Books For IBPS Clerk Computer Aptitude
This section is there only in the IBPS Clerk Mains exam (merged with the Reasoning Ability section). The best books for IBPS Clerk Computer Aptitude are as below:
a. Objective Computer Awareness by Somya Ranjan Behera: This book contains both objective and subjective topics right from Introduction to Computers, Data Representation, Internet and Computer Languages and its Types to Microsoft Access (Programming Language). The book also consists of chapter-wise descriptions with 3500+ MCQs.
b. Computer by Rani Ahilya: The book covers the basics of computer hardware and software that a novice should be aware of
Books For IBPS Clerk General/Financial Awareness
The General Knowledge and Financial Awareness section require you to read newspapers regularly. Apart from that, you can refer to the following IBPS Clerk Books:
a. Banking, Financial & General Awareness by I K Pavel: This is a great guide to boost your general knowledge of the banking and economic state of the nation.
b. Banking and Economic Awareness by Rakesh Kumar: The book comprises important questions related to the economic and banking scenario in the country.
Click here to download IBPS Clerk study materials pdf!
IBPS Clerk Exam Date 2022
IBPS has released the official notification for IBPS Clerk 2022 on the official website to recruit more than 6035 vacancies of clerical in multiple public sector banks. The examination will be conducted at various centers in India. There is pre-exam training for minority candidates before the preliminary exam. Important dates of IBPS CWE-VII clerk examination 2022 is shown below
|IBPS Clerk 2022 – Important Dates|
|IBPS Clerk Notification 2022 Release Date||30th June 2022|
|IBPS Clerk Online Application Starts||01st July 2022|
|IBPS Clerk Online Application Ends On||21st July 2022|
|IBPS Clerk Prelims Admit Card 2022||August 2022|
|IBPS Clerk Exam Date 2022 (Prelims)||28th August, 03rd, and 04th September 2022|
|IBPS Clerk Mains Exam date||08th October 2022|
Make your IBPS Clerk Exam preparation more effective and strategic- Download Entri App Now!
IBPS Clerk Participating Banks
- Vijaya Bank
- United Bank of India
- Union Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- India Overseas Bank
- Indian Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Allahabad Bank
- Bank of India
- Dena Bank
- Corporation Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Andhra Bank, and
- Canara Bank
Get Higher Rank on IBPS Clerk Exams- Download Entri App Now!
All candidates who wish to appear for the examination should go through the complete syllabus. They should also use the best materials and solutions for their preparation. Sign Up for Entri classes today and get access to thousands of mock tests and mentoring sections. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming competitive examinations. Start your preparations today with Entri.
Discussion about this post