The IBPS Clerk exam is conducted by The Institute for Banking Personnel Selection every year. The IBPS is the authoritative body for assessing recruiting candidates in public sector banks in India. IBPS releases the details regarding examination through the official notification published through the official website. The Exam dates for the year 2022 are not yet released by the commission.
IBPS Clerk 2022 is going to be an opportunity for those who have not been able to get through SBI and other Bank Recruitment Exams. The role of an IBPS Clerk or Junior Associate is one of the most sought-after careers in the banking field. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts the recruitment of eligible and dynamic candidates for the post of Clerk.
Every year lakhs of applications are received by the IBPS. One of the best parts of the recruitment process of an IBPS Clerk is that it is a 2-tier process comprising of Prelims and Main Online Exam with no Interview. In this blog, we will discuss IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2022 which includes age limit and educational qualification. For the candidates to apply for the post they have to meet certain IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2022. Here in this article are the details regarding IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2022 and IBPS Clerk qualification.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2022
Candidate must be either Citizen of India/Subject of Nepal or Bhutan/Tibetan Refugee who settled in India before January 1962/Person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries, Zaire, and Vietnam. The East African Countries could be Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Malawi, and Zambia.
IBPS Clerk Age Limit
The Minimum Age Limit is 20 Years and the Maximum age limit is 28 years. However, there is upper age relaxation for various categories. Have a look:
|Person with Disabilities||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Period of Service + 3 Years|
|Widows/divorced women/Unmarried Women legally separated from their husbands||9 Years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots/ Persons domiciled in J&K from January 1980 to December 1989/Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal||5 years|
IBPS Clerk Educational Qualification
As per the IBPS Clerk eligibility, candidates who wish to appear for the bank Clerk exam should have at least a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
IBPS Clerk Educational Qualification- Salient points
- Computer literacy is a mandatory requirement.
- The candidate should also be able to read and write in the official language of the state they have indicated as their preferred service destination.
- Ex-servicemen who are not graduates should at least have a matriculation certificate along with 15 years of service. They should have been awarded the Army Special Certificate of Education or its equivalent in the Air Force or Navy.
The Institute does not specify any IBPS Clerk eligibility percentage. The individual banks use the IBPS calculation of aggregate percentage for their purposes.
As the IBPS Clerk exam is entirely online-based, candidates should practice Online Quizzes to experience the scope of the actual exam.
The candidates applying for the exam should fulfill the following criteria:
- Citizenship of India
- Subjects of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan Refugee who arrived prior to 1 January 1962
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma(Myanmar), Vietnam or East African countries of the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire or Ethiopia to permanently settle in India
As per the IBPS Clerk eligibility, all candidates who are not Indian citizens have to produce a certificate of eligibility approved from the Government of India while joining service at their respective banks.
Preference: Candidates having proficiency in the Official Language of the State or UT for which he or she has applied is preferable.
Click here to check IBPS Clerk 2022 Exam Tips
Reservation For PwD
The post of IBPS Clerk is identified as suitable for persons with benchmark disabilities. Hence, PwS candidates are entitled to certain reservations under section 34 of ‘The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”.
Reservation under IBPS Clerk eligibility covers candidates from the following categories:
Orthopedic Challenged Category (OC)
Any person who is unable to execute distinctive activities resulting from affliction of the nervous system or musculoskeletal or both comes under the OC category.
Orthopedic Challenged categories include the candidate suffering from the following:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Acid Attack Victims
- Leprosy Cured Person
OC category candidates are covered under reservation for locomotor disability with the following benchmark:
- OL -One leg affected (Right or Left)
- OA – One arm affected (Right or Left)
- BL – Both legs affected but not arms
- OAL – One arm and One leg affected
The person with OA and OAL categories should have normal hand functions.
Visually Impaired Person Category [IV]
Visually Impaired category [IV] person who suffers from the below-mentioned problems meet the IBPS Clerk eligibility.
- Visual acuity less than 3/60 or less than 10/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with best possible correction; OR
- The total absence of sight; OR
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of fewer than 10 degrees.
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of less than 40 degrees up to 10 degrees.
Hearing Impaired Person
- Any person having 70 decibels hearing loss in speech frequencies in both ears.
- Any person having 60- 70 decibels hearing loss in speech frequencies in both ears.
Intellectual Disability [ID] category
People suffering from the below-mentioned problems come under this category and are eligible to apply for the IBPS clerk exam.
- Mental Illness
- Specific Learning Disability
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
Candidates who wish to avail the benefit of reservation under the PwD category will have to submit a disability certificate as per guidelines of the Government of India issued by a competent authority. Such certificates are subject to verification / re-verification as may be decided by the authority.
PwD candidates seeking reservation will be allotted the reserved vacancies as prescribed in the RPWD Act, 2016 as per the vacancies reported by participating organizations to the IBPS.
Click here to attempt a free mock test to ace your IBPS Clerk 2022 Preparations
IBPS Clerk Apply Online 2022
The steps given below can be followed by the candidates for IBPS Clerk Online apply and the application form details given below.
- Visit the IBPS official website, Click Here.
- On the homepage, click on the link “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CRP-Clerks (CRP-Clerks-XI)” to open the online application form.
- On the newly opened tab, click on the “Click Here for the New Registration”, tab.
- A new tab will pop up asking for your basic details. Enter the details including your email id, and a valid mobile number for further communications.
- You must upload a clear copy of your photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm), signature, and left thumb impression while filling the form.
- Before Making the payment make sure to upload the following declaration in your own handwriting in the English language, and it should not be in all capital letters. Follow the statement as it is. The text for the handwritten declaration is as follows –
“I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the
application form is correct, true, and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
- You must pay the required application fees to accept your candidature. Candidates have the option of making the payment of intimation charges through the ONLINE mode only. The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets, etc.
Click here to download IBPS Clerk Application form 2022!
IBPS Clerk Application Fees
|SC/ ST/ PWD||Rs. 175|
Candidates can make the payment through:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
After completing all the steps and submitting the application form, take a printout of the completed IBPS Clerk online application form and e-receipt generated after this step. These are the steps to be followed for correctly filling the IBPS Clerk online form.
Click here to start your exam preparations with Entri App!
IBPS Clerk 2022 Notification: Important Dates
The recruitment commission has not officially published the important dates for the IBPS Clerk exam 2022. The given below are the important dates that has to be keep in mind for IBPS Clerk examination 2021-22.
|IBPS Clerk 2021-22: Important Dates|
|IBPS Clerk Notification 2021-22||06th October 2021|
|Online Registration Process||07th October 2021|
|Online Application Ends On||27th October 2021|
|IBPS Clerk Prelims Call Letter||26th November 2021|
|Conduct of Online Examination – Preliminary||12th, 18th, and 19th December 2021|
|Result of IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam||December 2021/January 2022|
|Download of Call letter for Online Exam – Main||December 2021/January 2022|
|Conduct of Online Examination – Main||January/February 2022|
|Declaration of Final (Mains) Result||April 2022|
Click here to attempt IBPS Clerk mock test!
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope you have benefited from our mock tests and study materials. Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Entri App provides you with the best preparation opportunities for your dream job. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself.
Discussion about this post