Institute of Banking Personnel Selection(IBPS) conducts recruitment drive for the public sector banks across the country for both clerical and officer posts. This year IBPS Clerk CWE(Common Written Examination) -IX notification has yet to come. IBPS Clerk 2019 notifications are expecting for October 2019. The official IBPS calendar shows December and January as the dates for IBPS Clerk exam dates for preliminary and main examination respectively. Last year there were 7275 vacancies across India, so candidates can expect vacancies not less than 7000 for this year too. Around 19 Nationalized banks are participating in this year’s recruitment drive.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria
- Graduation in any subject from any UGC recognized University or its equivalent. (As on September 01, 2019)
- Working and Operating knowledge of Computer.
- Candidates age should be between 20 – 28 years old, as of September 01, 2019.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
|Sl No||Subject/ Topic||Number Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Sectional Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|100||100||Composite time of 60 minutes (1 Hour)|
- Preliminary Examination’s marks will not be considered for the final merit list.
- Exam Dates : Preliminary – 07, 08, 14 & 15 December 2019
Click here for IBPS Exam Calendar: IBPS Exam Calendar 2019
|Sl. No||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Sectional Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|2||English Language||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|4||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
(2 hours 40 minutes)
- Both Preliminary and Main Examination will be conducted bilingually, i.e. in English and in Hindi.
- There will be negative marking in both preliminary and main examination, 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Exam Dates – Main Exam- January 25, 2020
IBPS Clerk Exam Dates
IBPS Clerk 2019 notifications are yet to available. The below-given dates are tentative only and based on the IBPS 2019 Exam calender.
- 07 – 08 December 2019
- 14 – 15 December 2019
The preliminary examinations will be conducted in different time slots across these four days.
Successful candidates from the preliminary examinations should attend the main examination for the further screening process.
- IBPS Clerk 2019 Main Examination Date – 19 January 2020
IBPS Clerk Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Error Spotting
- Error Correction
- Sentence Improvement
- Ratio and Proportion, Mixture and Allegations
- Time, distance and speed
- Time and work
- Percentages, Partnerships
- Mensuration- Cone, Sphere, Cylinder
- Permutation and Combination, Probability
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Data Interpretation
- Height and Distances
- Charts, Bars and Graphs
- Stocks and Shares
- Number Systems
- Sequences and Series
- Coding and Decoding
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense Test
- Statements and Assumption
- Coded Inequalities
- Seating Arrangements
- Alphabetic Series and Ranking
- Alphanumeric Series
- Basics of Hardware’s and Softwares
- Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office and other word processing software
- Computing History
- Basics Computer Networking
- Basics of Databases
- Basics of Cyber Security Tools and Processes
- Viruses, Hacking
- Important Shortcuts using in MS Office
General and Financial Awareness
- Introduction to National financial institutions like RBI, SEBI, IRDA, FSDC etc
- International organizations like IMF, World Bank, ADB, UN, etc,
- Abbreviations and Economic terminologies,
- Banking Terms,
- Important Government Schemes on capital & money market.
- Budget and Monetary Plans of the Government
- History of the Indian banking system
- Current Affairs – Last 06 months
- Different Government Schemes
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming competitive examinations. Start your preparations today with Entri.