Till 05 years back a clerks’ job was limited to data entry or to the customer relations. Today clerical cadre officials are more than just a clerk, even the recruitment agency also name the post as not a clerk but as a Junior Associate(JA). Comparing to the officer’s Clerical cadre is much more relaxing. They don’t have any working pressure regarding the recovery, loan disbursement or else any other bank-related works. A bank clerk job is of repetitive nature and deal with the customers in depositing money, printing on passbook, withdrawals, etc. Here we are checking the duties and responsibilities of IBPS Clerk. The IBPS Clerk Job Profile spans from customer relation to back-office works as the association demands.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria
- Graduation in any subject from any UGC recognized University or its equivalent. (As on September 01, 2019)
- Working and Operating knowledge of Computer.
- Candidates age should be between 20 – 28 years old, as of September 01, 2019.
- Age relaxations as per the government norms are applicable.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
|Sl No||Subject/ Topic||Number Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Sectional Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|100||100||Composite time of 60 minutes (1 Hour)|
- Preliminary Examination’s marks will not be considered for the final merit list.
- Exam Dates : Preliminary – 07, 08, 14 & 15 December 2019
Click here for IBPS Exam Calendar: IBPS Exam Calendar 2019
|Sl. No||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Sectional Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|2||English Language||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|4||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
(2 hours 40 minutes)
IBPS Clerk Job Profile
IBPS Clerk Job Profile Duties & Responsibilities
- Deposit and withdrawal cash handling is the primary work of the clerks.
- Clerks handle the receipt of cheques, drafts, dividend warrants, and pay orders.
- Cheque Verification, Demand draft issue, Account Opening, and Account Closing related matters.
- Issuing ATM cards, Debit and Credit Cards, gold loans, etc.
- Maintaining a daily record of balance, attending Government Treasury related matters.
- Back-office works like receipts collection, ledger maintenance, tally balance, data entry, issue ESI stamps, etc
- The clerk also has a significant role in the marketing of financial products of the Bank such as loans, mutual funds, deposits, schemes, etc.
- Clerks often serve as customer service agents, or the customers first personal contact.
- Clerks are entitled to serve the customers to make them understand the different bank products and how it works and the difficult banking terms.
IBPS Clerk – Career Growth
IBPS Clerks is one of the lowest steps in the banking career ladder. With 02 or more years of service, clerks will get promotions depending upon their performance. Other then this Clerks can appear for JAIB(Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers) and CAIIB(Certified Association of Indian Institute of Bankers) examinations for the further career growth. The JAIB and CAIB examinations are conducted by the Indian Institute of finance and banking. With two years of service, one can appear for either of these tests. Through normal promotion or through the mentioned tests clerks can get promoted as Assistant Manager(Officers), Manager, Senior manager up to the General manager level.
Clerk ► Assistant Manager ►Manager►Senior Manager►Chief manager►Assistant General Manager►Deputy General Manager ► General Manager
IBPS Clerk Participating Banks
- Vijaya Bank
- United Bank of India
- Union Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- India Overseas Bank
- Indian Bank
- Dena Bank
- Corporation Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Canara Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Bank of India
- Bank of Baroda
- Andhra Bank, and
- Allahabad Bank
IBPS Clerk 2019 Exam Dates
IBPS Clerk 2019 notifications are yet to available. The below-given dates are tentative only and based on the IBPS 2019 Exam calendar.
- 07 – 08 December 2019
- 14 – 15 December 2019
Successful candidates from the preliminary examinations should attend the main examination for the further screening process.
- IBPS Clerk 2019 Main Examination Date – 19 January 2020
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming competitive examinations. Start your preparations today with Entri.