IBPS conducts the recruitment examination for the selection of candidates for the post of clerks every year. The examination is one of the most anticipated bank examinations in the country and witnessed great participation from the candidates. The commission has not yet published the details regarding the examination of the official notification for the year 2002. Till 05 years back a clerks’ job was limited to data entry or to customer relations. Today clerical cadre officials are more than just a clerk, even the recruitment agency also names the post as not a clerk but as a Junior Associate(JA).
Compared to the officer’s Clerical cadre is much more relaxing. They don’t have any working pressure regarding the recovery, loan disbursement, or else any other bank-related works. A bank clerk’s job is of repetitive nature and deal with the customers in depositing money, printing on passbooks, withdrawals, etc. Here we are checking the duties and responsibilities of the IBPS Clerk. The IBPS Clerk Job Profile spans from customer relation to back-office works as the association demands. Here in this article are the details regarding the IBPS Clerk Job profile 2022 and IBPS clerk career growth.
IBPS Clerk Job Profile 2022
Let us have a look at the IBPS Office Assistant Jobs Profile 2022. This segment shares the obligations of an up-and-comer who gets named as a Clerk. Client assistance, cash dealing, and client direction are a portion of the jobs for the IBPS bank Clerk work profile. A competitor who is enlisted as an IBPS Clerk is reached predominantly for any bank-related requests and issues. Continue to know the nuts and bolts of the IBPS Clerk occupations profile 2022.
- Get and oversee request corners, receipts, withdrawals, and so on.
- Support new record opening.
- Cash assortment.
- Ought to give bank proclamations.
- Handle sends and conveyance.
- Confirm archives and evidences presented by clients
- Update client’s passbooks.
- Answerable for bank cash, different significant archives, keys, and so on.
- Issue Demand Drafts (DDs), financial balances for the clients, cash receipts, and so on.
- Authorize withdrawals by the clients
- Keep up with archives of the bank, monetary records, record, and so on.
- Resolve normal issues looked by clients.
- Guide clients connected with different financial exercises.
- Go to depository works.
IBPS Bank Clerk Job Profile Duties & Responsibilities
- Deposit and withdrawal cash handling is the primary work of the clerks.
- Clerks handle the receipt of cheque, drafts, dividend warrants, and pay orders.
- Cheque Verification, Demand draft issue, Account Opening, and Account Closing related matters.
- Issuing ATM cards, Debit and Credit Cards, gold loans, etc.
- Maintaining a daily record of balance, attending Government Treasury-related matters.
- Back-office works like receipts collection, ledger maintenance, tally balance, data entry, issue ESI stamps, etc.
- The clerk also has a significant role in the marketing of financial products of the Bank such as loans, mutual funds, deposits, schemes, etc.
- Clerks often serve as customer service agents or the customer’s first personal contact.
- Clerks are entitled to serve the customers to make them understand the different bank products and how it works and the difficult banking terms.
IBPS Clerk Career Growth
Candidates who start their careers as IBPS bank clerks have a great opportunity to advance their careers towards many posts. IBPS Clerks is one of the lowest steps in the banking career ladder. With 2 or more years of service, clerks will get promotions depending upon their performance. Other than this Clerks can appear for JAIB(Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers) and CAIIB(Certified Association of Indian Institute of Bankers) examinations for further career growth. The JAIB and CAIB examinations are conducted by the Indian Institute of finance and banking. With two years of service, one can appear for either of these tests. Through normal promotion or through the mentioned tests clerks can get promoted as Assistant Manager(Officers), Manager, Senior manager up to the General manager level.
IBPS Clerk Promotion Details 2022
The candidates who start their career under the banks can advance their career into various job roles as their experience is increased over the years. The given below is the chart that depicts the IBPS Clerk career growth over years.
Clerk ► Assistant Manager ►Manager ►Senior Manager► Chief manager► Assistant General Manager► Deputy General Manager ► General Manager
IBPS Clerk Salary Structure
IBPS offers some of the best salaries packages for the candidates who clear the examination for the post of clerk. The given below are the details regarding the IBPS Clerk salary structure and the IBPS Clerk starting salary 2022. IBPS provides very attractive salary packages for every candidate who is clearing the examination. Apart from the salary, there are various other perks too that come along with the salary at IBPS. Let’s take a look at the IBPS Clerk salary scale 2022.
|Basic salary||Amount (INR)||Increment (INR)|
|Initial Pay||INR 11,765||INR 655|
|After 3 years||INR 13,730||INR 815|
|After the next 3 years||INR 16,175||INR 980|
|After the next 4 years||INR 20,095||INR 1,145|
|After the next 7 years||INR 28,110||INR 2,120|
|After the next 1 year||INR 30,230||INR 1,310|
|Maximum Pay Scale||INR 31,540||–|
Dearness Allowance (DA): Dearness Allowance is revised quarterly and is based on the Consumer Price Index(CPI) as declared by the banks. A Clerk in a Public Sector Bank can withdraw a salary of Rs.18,000/ to Rs.21,000/ during the training period. After the training period, other perks and emoluments are added and the Gross Salary will have a raise. The Basic Pay Scale of IBPS Clerk is in between Rs. 11,765/ – Rs. 42,020/. After 03 years of service, the basic pay will increase to Rs. 13, 730 and the yearly increment for the next three years will be Rs. 815. The other eligible allowances of an IBPS Bank Clerk get are :
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): HRA varies according to the posting station. HRA can be 8.50%, 7.50%, and 6.50% depending on metros, big cities, and other locations. Usually, it varies between Rs. 1176.5/- to Rs. 1058.85/-
- Medical Allowance: Annual allowance of Rs. 2000/.
- Transport Allowance (TA) – Transport allowances are usually around Rs. 450/.
- After 01 years of service, you will get an increment of Rs. 400/- to Rs. 500/.
- IBPS Clerk Salary in-hand would be around Rs 19,461.
From the Total earnings of the IBPS Clerk Salary following amounts will get deducted every month:
- Union Subscription
- Group Insurance
- Penson Fund
- Professional Tax
- Financial Aid For Bereaved Families Scheme (FABF)
IBPS Clerk In-hand Salary
Candidates who are clearing the IBPS examination are eligible to obtain a fair base salary along with some allowances for their services. As per the latest reports, the in-hand salary a candidate will obtain after cleaning the IBPS clerk examination 2022 will be in a range of Rs 19,900- Rs 47920 per month. The salary in hand for the candidates may vary on the basis of several factors that depend on the allowances.
IBPS Clerk Salary Slip
Salary slip is one of the important document that the firm that you works with provides you so as to understand the breakdown and the details regarding the allowances. Likewise for the employees under IBPS, salary slip is also attached with the salary and the employees will be provided with the slip every month after the crediting for their months salary.
IBPS Clerk Allowances 2022
Apart from the basic pay that is been set by the commission, the candidates who clear the IBPS clerk examination and enter into the job are entitled to get several allowances and financial benefits from the banks. The given below are the details regarding the salary benefits that candidates will obtain from the bank as an employee.
- Dearness Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Medical Allowance
The table given below gives the idea regarding the IBPS Clerk Allowance structure for the employees in the year 2022.
|IBPS Clerk Allowance Structure|
|Population More Than 45 lakhs||Population Less Than 45 lakhs|
|Basic Pay||Rs 11765||Rs 11765|
|Dearness Allowance||Rs 5311||Rs 5311|
|Travel Allowance||Rs 425||Rs 425|
|Special Allowance||Rs 911||Rs 911|
|House Rent Allowance||Rs 1176||Rs 1058|
|Total IBPS Clerk Salary||Rs 19588||Rs 19470|
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern 2022
No changes have been observed in the Exam Pattern of IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam. IBPS Clerk Mains Exam will now constitute 190 questions that need to be completed in a time frame of 160 minutes.
Previously, Computer Aptitude and Reasoning Ability Section used to be conducted separately. But, in the recent update by IBPS, both these sections are amalgamated together and will constitute 50 questions that need to be solved in a time duration of 45 minutes. Both Preliminary Exam and Mains Exam will be conducted bilingually, i.e. both in English and in Hindi. Let’s have a look at the Exam Pattern for IBPS Clerk CWE X.
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|2||English Language||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|4||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
There is a penalty for wrong answers marked in both preliminary examination as well as mains examination. A wrong answer to an objective question will lead to a penalty of one-fourth of the total mark assigned to that question. There will be no penalty for the question left blank or unanswered.
Penalty for Wrong Answers
There will be a penalty for incorrect responses marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty to arrive at a corrected score. If a question is left blank.
Score Calculation for IBPS Clerk Exam
The accurate scores received by each of the competitors in different sessions will be normalized using the equi-percentile method. Scores up to two decimal points shall be considered for the total calculations
IBPS Clerk Cut-off Score (Online Main examination)
Each applicant will be expected to achieve a minimum score in each test of the Online Main Examination and also a minimum complete score to be considered for more processes. Depending on the number of State/ UT wise vacancies available, cut-offs will be decided and candidates will be considered for temporary allotment. Before the completion of the provisional allotment process scores obtained in the Online Main Examination will not be shared with the candidates.
Documents to be Produced
- Printout of the online application form registered for CRP Clerks-XI
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Photo Identify Proof as indicated in Point G
- Mark-sheets & certificates for Graduation or equivalent qualification etc. Proper document from Board / University for having declared the result has to be submitted.
- Caste Certificate
- Income and Asset Certificate
- Disability certificate
- Ex-Servicemen category should submit Proforma B from the Competent Authority showing his/her date of completion of a specific period of engagement (SPE) along with the declaration in Proforma C.
- Candidates serving in Government / quasi govt offices/ Public Sector Undertakings (including Nationalized Banks and Financial Institutions) are required to produce a “No Objection Certificate”
- Persons eligible for age relaxation should bring the relevant documents related to it.
- Any other relevant documents in support of eligibility.
IBPS Clerk Exam Date 2022
The number of vacant positions in the year 2022 is not yet published by the commission through the official notification. This year also it is expecting more than 5000 vacancies. The examination will be conducted at various centers in India. There is pre-exam training for minority candidates before the preliminary exam. Important dates of IBPS CWE-VII clerk examination 2021 is shown below
|IBPS Clerk 2021 Important Dates|
|IBPS Clerk Notification 2021||06th October 2021|
|Online Registration Process||07th October 2021|
|Online Application Ends On||27th October 2021|
|IBPS Clerk Prelims Call Letter||26th November 2021|
|Conduct of Online Examination – Preliminary||12th, 18th and 19th December 2021|
|Result of IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam||December 2021/January 2022|
|The download of Call letter for Online Exam – Main||December 2021/January 2022|
|Conduct of Online Examination – Main||January/February 2022|
|Declaration of Final (Mains) Result||April 2022|
These are the details regarding the exam pattern and the syllabus for the IBPS Clerical Exam 2022. Go through each topic and prepare with the best books and also attempt as many mock tests and previous question papers available online. Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation.
Entri is a learning platform built by well-known experts in the industry to help students analyze different types of entrance tests without having to worry about learning materials and crash courses. You can take our video analytics and video classes provided by experts to begin preparing for this banking exam and crack it easily.
We hope you find this article really informative and helpful and also please do not hesitate to contact us with any doubts. You can also download our Entri App for free and start preparing for any competitive exams. This app provides a series of quizzes, Mock tests, PDFs, past question papers, and much more.