A clerical cadre job in banks is of repetitive nature and deal with the customers in depositing money, printing on passbook, withdrawals, etc. The IBPS Clerk Job Profile spans from customer relation to back-office works as the association demands. The clerk is the first step in the banking career ladder. Within two years of service, one can appear for promotion tests to ace their career. The clerical cadre is somewhat relaxing compared to the officer’s posts. Fixed working hours and desk jobs are perks of this post. The IBPS Clerk salary and allowances will be around Rs. 20000 after deductions. Here we can check further details about the IBPS Clerk recruitment and the clerk’s entitled salary and allowances.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria
- Graduation in any subject from any UGC recognized University or its equivalent. (As on September 01, 2019)
- Working and Operating knowledge of Computer.
- Candidates age should be between 20 – 28 years old, as of September 01, 2019.
- Age relaxations as per the government norms are applicable.
IBPS Clerk Participating Banks
- Vijaya Bank
- United Bank of India
- Union Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- India Overseas Bank
- Indian Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Allahabad Bank
- Bank of India
- Dena Bank
- Corporation Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Andhra Bank, and
- Canara Bank
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
|Sl No||Subject/ Topic||Number Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Sectional Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|100||100||Composite time of 60 minutes (1 Hour)|
- Preliminary Examination’s marks will not be considered for the final merit list.
- Exam Dates : Preliminary – 07, 08, 14 & 15 December 2019
Click here for IBPS Exam Calendar: IBPS Exam Calendar 2019
|Sl. No||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Sectional Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|2||English Language||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|4||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
(2 hours 40 minutes)
IBPS Clerk 2019 Exam Dates
IBPS Clerk 2019 notifications are yet to available. The below-given dates are tentative only and based on the IBPS 2019 Exam calendar.
- 07 – 08 December 2019
- 14 – 15 December 2019
Successful candidates from the preliminary examinations should attend the main examination for the further screening process.
- Main Examination Date – 19 January 2020
IBPS Clerk Job Profile
IBPS Clerk Duties & Responsibilities
- Deposit and withdrawal cash handling is the primary work of the clerks.
- Clerks handle the receipt of cheques, drafts, dividend warrants, and pay orders.
- Cheque Verification, Demand draft issue, Account Opening, and Account Closing related matters.
- Issuing ATM cards, Debit and Credit Cards, gold loans, etc.
- Maintaining a daily record of balance, attending Government Treasury related matters.
- Back-office works like receipts collection, ledger maintenance, tally balance, data entry, issue ESI stamps, etc
- The clerk also has a significant role in the marketing of financial products of the Bank such as loans, mutual funds, deposits, schemes, etc.
- Clerks often serve as customer service agents, or the customers first personal contact.
- Clerks are entitled to serve the customers to make them understand the different bank products and how it works and the difficult banking terms.
IBPS Clerk Salary
A Clerk in a Public Sector Bank can withdraw a salary of Rs.18,000/ to Rs.21,000/ during their training period. After the training period, other perks and emoluments are added and the Gross Salary will have a raise. The Basic Pay Scale of IBPS Clerk is in between Rs. 11,765/ – Rs. 42,020/. After 03 years of service, the basic pay will increase to Rs. 13, 730 and the yearly increment for the next three years will be Rs. 815. The other eligible allowances of an IBPS Bank Clerk get are :
- Dearness Allowance (DA): Dearness Allowance is revised quarterly and is based on the Consumer Price Index(CPI) as declared by the banks.
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): HRA varies according to the posting station. HRA can be 8.50%, 7.50% and 6.50% depending on metros, big cities, and other locations. Usually, it varies between Rs. 1176.5/- to Rs. 1058.85/-
- Medical Allowance: Annual allowance of Rs. 2000/.
- Transport Allowance (TA) – Transport allowances are usually around Rs. 450/.
- After 01 years of service, you will get an increment of Rs. 400/- to Rs. 500/.
- IBPS Clerk Salary in-hand would be around Rs 19,461.
From the Total earnings of the IBPS Clerk Salary following amounts will get deducted every month:
- Union Subscription
- Group Insurance
- Penson Fund
- Professional Tax
- Financial Aid For Bereaved Families Scheme (FABF)
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming competitive examinations. Start your preparations today with Entri.