Table of Contents
A job as a banker, especially in government sector, is one of the most aspired among the youth in Kerala. The fixed working hours, the bank holidays, the pay and many other facilities are what lures them to this. However, it’s all not that easy. The job of a bank clerk comes with a lot of responsibilities. In this article, you will come across the various roles and responsibilities of Kerala Bank clerk.
Kerala Bank Clerk Job Profile
A bank clerk has lot of responsibilities. The main job of a clerk is to support daily banking activities both through direct customer interaction and behind-the-scenes tasks like data entry. They are usually the first bank personnel that the customer interacts with and they ensure that the daily work flow of the bank is smooth. The clerk is responsible for assisting all cash related activities in the branch. He/ she works under close supervision from senior bank officers who guides them to handle situations as and when they arise.
Roles and Responsibilities
Kerala Bank clerk’s role is to support banking activities through a wide variety of administrative and customer service tasks. The following are some of the responsibilities of a clerk.
- Process customer transactions – These transactions include deposits and withdrawals, loan payments and requests for cashier’s checks.
- Provide customer service by giving information and answering queries about bank accounts, credit cards, and loan products.
- Keep records of all transactions – These include deposits, withdrawals, loan and mortgage payments, cheques and securities sales.
- Clerks have to check automatic teller machine (ATM) transactions and ledger entries. They also have to keep a balance of these transactions, calculate service charges and interest payments and inform the customers if there are any discrepancies.
- Prepare reports – These reports can be on the status of loans, including outstanding balances and delinquencies on payments
- Clerks have to process loan and mortgage applications and payments. They have to collect financial information from applicants and prepare loan agreement documents.
- They also have to prepare retirement savings plan applications and contributions, term deposits, drafts and money orders.
Clerks are eligible for promotion based on seniority. Kerala Bank will conduct department promotion test with the support of outside professional agency such as Indian Institute of Banking and Finance to assess the suitability of employees to get promotion for the higher post. The annual performance of the employee will be assessed and a report will be maintained for employees above the rank of clerk.
A clerk can grow to the following positions throughout the span of his career.
- Assistant manager
- Senior Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- Deputy General Manager
- general manager
- Chief General Manager
Kerala Bank Clerk Salary
The current salary of Kerala Bank Clerk/ Cashier is Rs. 20,150 to Rs. 47690. Apart from the basic salary, they also enjoy perks and allowances like House Rent Allowance, Insurance, Dearness Allowance, Travel benefits, gratuity etc.
Now that you are aware of the roles and responsibilities of a bank clerk, gear up to prepare for the clerk exam which will soon be conducted by the Kerala Public Service Commission. Improve your prospects by choosing Entri App for your exam preparation.
Kerala Bank Clerk Job Profile FAQs
Is the job profile of a clerk and cashier the same?
Clerks and cashiers have similar duties like processing customer transactions and maintaining store inventory, but clerks usually have more responsibilities. Cashiers typically only perform tasks related to customers but clerks have to keep records, file documents and perform other office tasks.
What is the monthly salary of a clerk in Kerala Bank?
The current salary of Kerala Bank Clerk is Rs. 20,150 to Rs. 47690. Apart from this, they get various allowances such as House Rent Allowance, Dearness Allowance, Medical Insurance etc.
|Kerala PSC Kerala Bank Assistant Manager Exam Information Links
|KSCB Assistant Manager Notification
|Kerala Bank Recruitment Rules
|KSCB Assistant Manager Syllabus
|KSCB Assistant Manager Previous Questions
|KSCB Assistant Manager Exam Date
|KSCB Assistant Manager Study Materials
|KSCB Assistant Manager Application Form
|KSCB Assistant Manager Interview Questions
|KSCB Assistant Manager Vacancy
|KSCB Assistant Manager Job Profile
|KSCB Assistant Manager Admit Card
|KSCB Assistant Manager Salary
|KSCB Assistant Manager Study Plan
|KSCB Assistant Manager Preparation Tips
|KSCB Assistant Manager Best Books
|KSCB Assistant Manager Result
|KSCB Assistant Manager Eligibility
|KSCB Assistant Manager Cut Off
|KSCB Assistant Manager Selection Process
|KSCB Assistant Manager Exam Analysis
|KSCB Assistant Manager Mock Test
|KSCB Assistant Manager Answer Key
|Kerala CSEB Junior Clerk/Cashier Notification 2024
|Kerala Bank Clerk Salary 2023 – 2024