Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor Group 1 Notification 2020 was released on 30/12/2019. Aspirants can start applying online by logging on to the official website of Kerala Public Service Commission (www.keralapsc.gov.in). The last date for online application is 5/02/2020. Candidates should apply through their profile after one time registration.
|Department||Name of Post||Pay Scale|
|Jails||· Assistant Jailor Grade I/ Superintendent
· Sub Jail/ Supervisor
· Open Prison/ Supervisor
· Borstal School/ Armourer
· State Institute of Correctional Administration/ Lecturer
· State Institute of Correctional Administration/ Training Officer
· State Institute of Correctional Administration/ Store Keeper, Open Prison
|Rs.30700 – 65400/-|
Eligibility Criteria for the post of Kerala PSC Assistant jailor Group 1
- The candidates must be 18-36 years.
- Only candidates born between 02.01.1983 and 01.01.2001 are eligible to apply for this post
- Usual relaxation to SCs, STs and other BCs.
- The candidate must possess any Bachelor Degree from a recognized University.
- Candidates who claim equivalent qualification shall produce the relevant Government order to prove the validity at the time of verification.
The candidate should be physically fit and posses minimum standard as given below.
- Candidate must possess height of 165 cm.
- Round the chest measurement should be 81.3 cm on full expiration and must have an expansion of 5 cm.
Note: For SC/ST candidates the height must be 160 cm. Women and differently abled candidates will not be considered for this post.
- Distant Vision for both the eyes must be 6/6 Snellen.
- Near Vision for both the eyes must be 0.5 Snellen.
Note: Any form of eye ailment or physical disability will lead to disqualification of the candidature.
A medical certificate from a Medical Officer not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon should be obtained in the format given in the official website.
Physical Efficiency Test
Physical measurement of the candidate will be taken before the PET. The candidate should qualify in any 5 of the 8 events given below to qualify in Physical Efficiency Test.
- 100 Metres Run in 14 Seconds
- High Jump of minimum 132.20 cm(4’6”)
- Long Jump of minimum 457.20 cm(15’)
- Putting the Shot (7264 gms)) to minimum distance of 609.60 cm(20’)
- Throwing the Cricket Ball to a minimum distance of 6096 cm(200’)
- Rope Climbing(only with hands) 365.80 cm(12’)
- Pull ups or chinning 8 times
- 1500 Metres Run in 5 Minutes & 44 seconds
Every person appointed as Assistant Jailor Grade I shall, from the date on which he joins duty, be on probation, for a total period of two years on duty within a continuous period of three years.
Assistant Jailors appointed by Direct recruitment shall undergo training at Regional Institute of Correctional Administration/State Institute of Correctional Administration as prescribed by the Head of Department.
|Written Test||May – June 2020|
Online Application Procedure
- Log on to the official website www.keralapsc.gov.in and register yourself before applying for the post.
- After the onetime registration process the candidate shall apply by logging in to their profile using their UserID and password.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the post in the Notification link which the candidate would like to apply for.
- The photograph uploaded should not be taken before 31.12.2010. Name of the candidate and the date on which the photograph was taken should be printed at the bottom.
- The photograph once uploaded as said above shall be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading of the photograph.
- No application fee is required.
- Candidates can view their profile by clicking the link Registration Card of their profile.
- A printout of the same can be taken if needed.
- Admission tickets of the accepted candidates will be uploaded in the official website 15 days before the exam.
- Information about the Admit Card will be given in the exam calendar itself.
- Visit Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor Group 1 Notification for further updates.