Kerala PSC will conduct the written exam for the Grade-1 Lecturer for Rural Engineering, in Rural department against its 2015 notification on December 04, 2020. At the time of notification, PSC has reported two vacant positions for this post and the latest numbers are yet to known. Selected candidates will get posted in the Rural department under the scale of pay of Rs. 20740-36,140. Here we are providing you with the Kerala PSC Lecturer Syllabus for the Rural Engineering. For more detailed syllabus interested candidates can download the syllabus from the below-given link.
Kerala PSC Lecturer Syllabus: Rural Engineering
Main Topics included in the Kerala PSC Rural Engineering Lecturer Syllabus is:
- Technical Mathematics
- Basic Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Essentials of Electronics Engineering
- Civil Engineering
Kerala PSC Lecturer Syllabus: Technical Mathematics
- Matrices – Identification of Matrices, matrix operations, adjoint and inverse.
- Determinants – Evaluation of second and third-order, minors and cofactors, solutions of simultaneous linear equation in three unknown using Cramer’s rule.
- Binomial Series – Expansions using Binomial theorem.
- Trigonometric functions – Signs of functions in each quadrant. Trigonometric values of angles, properties of trigonometric functions, applications of the identities sin (A ± B), cos (A ± B) and tan (A ± B).
- Coordinate geometry – Equations to a straight line – slope-intercept form, intercept form, Angle between two lines, condition for two lines to be perpendicular, parallel.
- Differentiation – Limits and continuity, derivatives of functions, equation to tangents and normals. Maxima and minima of functions of one variable.
- Integration of functions – Integration of different types of functions.Applications of integration – Area bounded by a curve and X or Y axis, solutions of differential equations using the method of variable separable, solutions of linear differential equations of the first order.
Basic Civil Engineering
- Materials: Brick – varieties and strength, characteristics of the good brick. Cement – varieties
and grade of cement and its uses. Steel – types of steel for reinforcement bars, steel structural
- Aggregates – types and requirements of good aggregates. Concrete – grades of concrete as per IS code, water-cement ratio. Workability, mixing, batching, compaction and curing.
- Construction: Parts of building – foundation – types of foundations – spread footing, isolated footing, combined footing, Raft, pile and well foundations. Masonry – types rubble masonry, brick masonry, English bond and Flemish bond. (One brick wall).
- Surveying: Chain surveying – principles, instruments, ranging, and chaining survey lines, fieldwork and field book, selection of survey stations, units of land area.
- Levelling: Levelling instruments, different types, benchmark, reduced level of points, booking of field notes, reduction of levels by the height of collimation method (simple problem).
- Modern survey – instruments – Total station, Electronics theodolite, Diplomat.
Basic Mechanical Engineering
- The importance of IC Engines: Definition, classification – two-stroke engines, four-stroke engines, working of two-stroke engines and four-stroke engines with the help of line sketches, comparison between two-stroke and four-stroke engines, comparison between petrol and diesel engines, the function of the flywheel, clutch, gearbox, propeller shaft and differential in power transmission, explain with sketch the working of differential, briefly explain power transmission of 4 wheel vehicle with line diagram.
- The importance of Power Plants: Introduction, classification of power plants – working of hydroelectric power plant with schematic sketches – working of thermal (Steam and Diesel) power plant with schematic sketches – working of nuclear power plant with schematic sketches.
Basic Electrical Engineering
- Review with the discussion of electric current, potential difference, power, EMF, resistance and its laws, Ohms law and series-parallel circuit, electromagnetism, generation of AC and DC supply.
- Idea of Basic electrical circuit: Electrical supply and load and its functioning, division of voltage and current in a parallel and series circuit – simple problems, units of power and energy, solution of DC circuit with the calculation of energy consumption in an installation.
- Circuit parameters: Resistance, Capacitance and inductance. AC circuit with R, L, C.
- The simple solution of typical AC circuit with resistance, impedance, power and power factor.
- The electrical circuit of an installation: Earthing, lightning protection.
Essentials of Electronics Engineering
- Active and passive devices – review only. LED – working, applications, comparison of LED lighting and CFL lighting.
- Full-wave rectifier – diagram and explanation, 5 V power supply – with a bridge rectifier and 7805. SMPS – block diagram and advantages. Integrated circuits.
- SMDs – advantages. Static electricity – precautions in handling electronic circuits.
- Switches: ON / OFF, push to ON, push to OFF, push to ON / OFF, SPST, SPDT, DPDT.
- Working and application of limit switches, proximity switches, relays.
- Microcontrollers: Simple block diagram of 8-bit microcontrollers – application.
- Mobile technology: CDMA and GSM. Compare – 2G and 3G technologies.
- Inverter and UPS: Block diagram. Compare – inverter and UPS. Online and offline UPS – differentiate. Battery selection for UPS and inverter.
- E-waste: Health hazards of e-waste.
Kerala PSC Lecturer Rural Engineering: Civil Engineering Syllabus
Rural Engineering Syllabus: Construction Engineering
- Structural Building Materials
- Ornamental Materials for Finishing
- Construction Technology
- Building Components
- Introduction to Construction Management:
- Construction Planning
- Execution of Works
- Tender and Tender notices
- Measurement of Works
- Payment of Bills
- Human Resource Management
- Materials Management
- Construction Machinery
- Concrete Machinery
- Entrepreneurship and Management
- Small Scale Industry
- Quality Management
- Environmental Hazards and Disasters
Rural Engineering Syllabus: Surveying and Quantity Surveying
- Compass survey
- Classification of levelling
- Quantity Surveying and Valuation
Irrigation Fluid Mechanics and Environmental Engineering
- Nature and Scope of Irrigation Engineering
- Water requirement of Crop
- Head Works
- Distribution works
- Fluid Mechanics
- Flow of Fluid
- Equation of continuity of flow – problems.
- Flow-through orifices and Mouth Pieces
- Submerged and partially submerged orifices
- Pumps: Centrifugal pumps, reciprocating pumps- propeller pumps, jet and airlift pumps, deep well pumps, diaphragm pumps
- Weirs: Classifications
- Hydro-electric Installation
- Flow-through Pipes.
- Frictional loss in pipes
- Flow-through Channels Wetter perimeter Hydraulic mean depth
- Kutters, Mannings and Bazin’s formula
- Water Supply Engineering:
- Sources of Water
- Conveyance of water
- Purification of Water
- Disinfection of water
- Distribution System
- The layout of the distribution system
- Appurtenances in Distribution System
- Water Supply Arrangements in Building
- Sanitary Engineering
- Different shapes of the cross-section for sewers
- Sewer appurtenances
- The necessity of pumping sewage
- Sewage Treatment and Disposal
Transportation and Geotechnical Engineering
- Road Engineering
- Investigation for Road Project
- Geometric Design of Highways
- Highway Construction
- Water bound macadam roads
- Traffic Engineering
- Road intersections at grade
- Permanent way
- Cross-section of a BG single and double line in cutting and embankment.
- Laying and Maintenance:
- Station Yards
- Surveys, plans and documents for the bridge project
- Sub Structure and Super Structure
- Tunnel Engineering
- Airport Engineering
- Docks and Harbours
- Geotechnical Engineering
Analysis and Design of Structures
- Forces and Moments
- Centre of Gravity
- Moment of Inertia
- Simple Stresses and strains
- Mechanical properties of materials
- Temperature Stresses
- Torsion of circular shafts
- Beams and bending
- Types of loading
- Shear force and bending moment
- Calculation of SF and BM for Cantilever
- Thin Cylinders
- Columns and Struts
- Analysis of Trusses
- Theory of simple Bending
- Direct and Bending Stresses
- Dams and Retaining Walls
- Fixed Beams
- Deflection of Beams
- Double integration method
- Moment area method for slope and deflection of beams
- Mohr’s theorems
- Continuous Beams
- Moment distribution method:
Click here to download Kerala PSC Lecturer Syllabus for the Rural Engineering
Entri wishes you all the best for all your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.