The SSC Stenographer 2021 official notification is already released soon the Staff Selection Commission. The recruitment notification was released earlier in the year 2020. However, the selection process is not yet begun by the commission. Here, in this article, we will share the details of SSC Stenographer Selection Process 2021.
SSC Stenographer Selection Process 2021
The Staff Selection Commission will conduct a Computer Based Examination for recruitment of Stenographer Grade C and Grade D for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. Only those candidates who possess the basic requirement of 12th standard are eligible to apply for SSC Stenographer 2021. A written examination will be organized and after that there is a skill test for the selected candidates.
- Computer Based Examination will be carried out at different centres across India.
- Skill test
SSC Steno Computer Based Test
The minimum qualifying marks in Computer Based Examination, are as follows:
- UR: 30%
- OBC/ EWS: 25%
- All other categories (SC, ST, PwD, ESM, etc): 20%
Based on the marks scored in the Computer Based Examination, the candidates will be shortlisted under category-wise, to appear in the Skill Test(s) for the post(s) they have applied for.
- The SSC Stenographer 2021 will be a computer based exam having objective type questions.
- The medium of question papers will be set in both English and Hindi (except for English language section).
- Each question carries 1 mark and 0.25 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
SSC Steno Skill Test
The candidates who qualifies the Computer Based examination of SSC Stenographer 2020 will be shortlisted for the skill test. Skill Test is mandatory but qualifying in nature. SSC will fix category-wise qualifying standard in the Skill Test for each post like Grade C and Grade D. The candidates who qualify the Skill Test will be considered for the final selection on basis of their merit in the written examination.
- The candidates will be given a dictation to them for 10 minutes in English/Hindi.
- They are required to type the same on a computer at a speed of 100 w.p.m. (word per minute) to be recruited for the post of a Grade C Stenographer, while for Grade D, he/she must type at a speed of 80 w.p.m.
- Candidates with Visual Impairment have to transcribe the matter in 75 minutes for English or 100 minutes for Hindi Shorthand if they are applying for Grade D Stenographer.
- For Grade C, Visually Handicapped candidates have 75 minutes to transcribe the matter in English or 95 minutes for Hindi shorthand test.
- The Final selection and allocation of candidate to the Departments will be made on the basis of their performance in the Computer Based Examination and the preference of Posts/ Departments exercised by them at the time of Document Verification.
|Sl. No||Name of the post||Language of Skill Test||Duration (in minutes)||Time Duration (in minutes) for the candidates who are allowed use of scribe in the CBE|
|1.||Stenographer Grade D||English||50||70|
|2.||Stenographer Grade D||Hindi||65||90|
|3.||Stenographer Grade C||English||40||55|
|4.||Stenographer Grade C||Hindi||55||75|
Syllabus of SSC Stenographer 2021
The question paper comprise of questions from three sections such as;
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- English Language and Comprehension
Check out the detailed syllabus. Then start your preparations and attempt Free Mock tests of SSC Stenographer 2021!
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
It may include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on
- similarities and differences
- space visualization
- problem solving,
- decision making
- visual memory
- discriminating observation
- relationship concepts
- arithmetical reasoning
- verbal and figure classification
- arithmetical number series
- non-verbal series etc.
Questions will be designed to examine the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and their approach to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions:
- relating to India and its Neighboring countries
- Economic scene
- General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc.
English Language & Comprehension:
- English Language
- sentence structure
- antonyms and its correct usage, etc.
Download Entri app and ace your SSC Stenographer 2021 exam preparations. Entri wishes good luck to all candidates.