The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) invites applications on an yearly basis for the recruitment of Stenographer Grade “C” (Group B- Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade “D” (Group C- Non-Gazetted) in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. From the previous year recruitment notification of SSC Stenographer, we can say that it is a job with good social status and Salary based on 7th pay commission. In this article, let’s discuss SSC Stenographer Salary 2021 – In Hand, Perks, Allowance.
SSC Stenographer Salary 2021 – In Hand, Perks, Allowance
The salary of a Stenographer under Staff Selection Commission will be based on the 7th Pay Commission. The basic eligibility to apply for SSC Stenographer Grade C and D 2021 is 12th standard from an institution recognized by Indian Government. The application submission dates were not released yet. The SSC Stenographers being a Central government employee will have good salary structure with the possibility of increment too. SSC Stenographers salary varies as per the Grades like C and D. For a SSC Stenographer Grade C and D employee will get an amount in between Rs. 9,300 – 34,800/- and Rs. 5,200 – 20,200/-, respectively. The grade-wise salary structure for Stenographers Grade C and Grade D are mentioned in the following tables.
Stenographer Grade C
|SSC Stenographer Salary – Grade C|
|Stenographer Grade C Details||Salary|
|SSC Stenographer Pay Scale||Rs. 9,300 – 34,800/-|
|Pay Band||Rs. 4,200 or 4,600 (Pay Grade 2)/-|
|Initial Salary||Rs. 5,200/-|
|SSC Stenographer Basic Salary Grade C||Rs. 14,500/-|
Stenographer Grade D
|SSC Stenographer Salary – Grade D|
|Stenographer Grade D Details||Salary|
|SSC Stenographer Pay Scale||Rs. 5,200 – 20,200/-|
|Pay Band||Rs. 2,400/- (Pay grade 1)|
|Initial Salary||Rs. 5,200/-|
|SSC Stenographer Basic Salary Grade D||Rs. 7,600/-|
SSC Stenographer Allowances
Along with the Basic Pay, multiple emoluments such as Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Family Allowance, Telephone Allowance, Conveyance Allowance, etc. will also be provided.
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Medical Allowance.
SSC Stenographer Promotions of Grade C and D
With a hike in the salary of Stenographer Grade C and D, the promotion designations also attract the candidates to apply for the post. The candidates get departmental promotions on time. The factors which will lead to the promotion of a SSC Stenographer in Ministries or other government departments are;
- The promotions take place according to the work experience.
- To get promoted to a higher level, a candidate has to clear the departmental exam.
- The departmental exam will be on the basis of the candidate’s work experience, minimum 3 years.
- The promotion of candidates also depends on the work efficiency of the candidate in the department.
SSC Stenographer Hierarchy
After a long period, the Stenographers will be promoted to different positions than their grade. Check out the hierarchy list:
- Senior Principal Private Secretary (Gazetted)
- Senior Private Secretary (Gazetted)
- Private Secretary
- Stenographer Grade C
- Stenographer Grade D
SSC Stenographer Postings
The selected candidates of SSC Stenographer will be appointed in various Central Government departments, either as Grade C or D.
SSC Stenographer Grade C
- Headquarters of Armed Forces
- President’s Secretariat
- Election Commission of India (ECI)
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Central Vigilance Commission
- Other Government Offices and Departments
SSC Stenographer Grade D
There are two groups in Grade D: X and Y
|SSC Stenographer Grade D – X||SSC Stenographer Grade D – Y|
|Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs||Subordinate Government Offices|
|IFS||Controller General of Defence Accounts|
|ECI||Comptroller and Auditor General of India|
|Headquarters of Armed Forces||–|
|Directorate of Forensic Science||–|
|Central Vigilance Commission||–|
|Other Government Offices and Departments||–|
SSC Stenographer Job Profile 2021
Staff Selection Commission recruits Stenographers by written test to two grades Grade C and D. The work profile of the stenographers varies as per the grades and the place where they are applied.
The duties of a SSC Stenographers in Grade C and Grade D have to perform are :
- Speech writing – noting down the Speeches of the Senior officials.
- Press briefings – Attending press conferences, making note of the conference details and speech and then helping in making press releases of the same.
- Assisting the Ministers and officers with important governmental proceedings and follow ups.
- Helping the Public Relation officer with information related to the government stand on various issues.
Learn with Entri app and ace your exam preparations. Entri wishes good luck to all aspirants!