The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) invites applications on an yearly basis for the recruitment of Stenographer Grade “C” (Group B- Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade “D” (Group C- Non-Gazetted) in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. From the previous year recruitment notification of SSC Stenographer, we can say that it is a job with good social status and Salary based on 7th pay commission. In this article, let’s discuss SSC Stenographer Salary 2021 – In Hand, Perks, Allowance.
SSC Stenographer Salary 2021 – In Hand, Perks, Allowance
The salary of a Stenographer under Staff Selection Commission will be based on the 7th Pay Commission. The basic eligibility to apply for SSC Stenographer Grade C and D 2021 is 12th standard from an institution recognized by Indian Government. The application submission dates were not released yet. The SSC Stenographers being a Central government employee will have good salary structure with the possibility of increment too. SSC Stenographers salary varies as per the Grades like C and D. For a SSC Stenographer Grade C and D employee will get an amount in between Rs. 9,300 – 34,800/- and Rs. 5,200 – 20,200/-, respectively. The grade-wise salary structure for Stenographers Grade C and Grade D are mentioned in the following tables.
Stenographer Grade C
|SSC Stenographer Salary – Grade C|
|Stenographer Grade C Details||Salary|
|SSC Stenographer Pay Scale||Rs. 9,300 – 34,800/-|
|Pay Band||Rs. 4,200 or 4,600 (Pay Grade 2)/-|
|Initial Salary||Rs. 5,200/-|
|SSC Stenographer Basic Salary Grade C||Rs. 14,500/-|
Learn with Entri app and attempt free mock tests of SSC!
Stenographer Grade D
|SSC Stenographer Salary – Grade D|
|Stenographer Grade D Details||Salary|
|SSC Stenographer Pay Scale||Rs. 5,200 – 20,200/-|
|Pay Band||Rs. 2,400/- (Pay grade 1)|
|Initial Salary||Rs. 5,200/-|
|SSC Stenographer Basic Salary Grade D||Rs. 7,600/-|
SSC Stenographer Allowances
Along with the Basic Pay, multiple emoluments such as Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Family Allowance, Telephone Allowance, Conveyance Allowance, etc. will also be provided.
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Medical Allowance.
SSC Stenographer Promotions of Grade C and D
With a hike in the salary of Stenographer Grade C and D, the promotion designations also attract the candidates to apply for the post. The candidates get departmental promotions on time. The factors which will lead to the promotion of a SSC Stenographer in Ministries or other government departments are;
- The promotions take place according to the work experience.
- To get promoted to a higher level, a candidate has to clear the departmental exam.
- The departmental exam will be on the basis of the candidate’s work experience, minimum 3 years.
- The promotion of candidates also depends on the work efficiency of the candidate in the department.
SSC Stenographer Hierarchy
After a long period, the Stenographers will be promoted to different positions than their grade. Check out the hierarchy list:
- Senior Principal Private Secretary (Gazetted)
- Senior Private Secretary (Gazetted)
- Private Secretary
- Stenographer Grade C
- Stenographer Grade D
SSC Stenographer Postings
The selected candidates of SSC Stenographer will be appointed in various Central Government departments, either as Grade C or D.
SSC Stenographer Grade C
- Headquarters of Armed Forces
- President’s Secretariat
- Election Commission of India (ECI)
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Central Vigilance Commission
- Other Government Offices and Departments
SSC Stenographer Grade D
There are two groups in Grade D: X and Y
|SSC Stenographer Grade D – X||SSC Stenographer Grade D – Y|
|Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs||Subordinate Government Offices|
|IFS||Controller General of Defence Accounts|
|ECI||Comptroller and Auditor General of India|
|Headquarters of Armed Forces||–|
|Directorate of Forensic Science||–|
|Central Vigilance Commission||–|
|Other Government Offices and Departments||–|
SSC Stenographer Job Profile 2021
Staff Selection Commission recruits Stenographers by written test to two grades Grade C and D. The work profile of the stenographers varies as per the grades and the place where they are applied.
The duties of a SSC Stenographers in Grade C and Grade D have to perform are :
- Speech writing – noting down the Speeches of the Senior officials.
- Press briefings – Attending press conferences, making note of the conference details and speech and then helping in making press releases of the same.
- Assisting the Ministers and officers with important governmental proceedings and follow ups.
- Helping the Public Relation officer with information related to the government stand on various issues.
Read on the articles related to SSC Stenographer 2021: Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process, Mock tests, etc.
Learn with Entri app and ace your exam preparations. Entri wishes good luck to all aspirants!
Discussion about this post