AP TET eligibility criteria are discussed in detail in this article. Candidates wishing to appear for AP TET 2020 must note that the official notification for the same is expected shortly. Candidate must ensure that he/she satisfies the eligibility criteria before filling the online application form for AP TET. It is mandatory to satisfy the eligibility criteria in order to appear for this exam. On the other hand, candidates who have already cleared TET in the last seven years can also appear for the exam to improve his/her score. All the details about AP TET eligibility criteria are given below.
AP TET Selection Procedure
The AP District Selection Committee conducts two exams (Paper-I and Paper-II). Paper- I is set for those candidates who wish to teach for 1 to 5 classes. While Paper-II is for those candidates who wish to become a teacher for classes from six to eight. An applicant can attend both of the papers is he/she wishes to.
AP TET Eligibility Criteria
- Age Limit: 18 Years to 40 Years
- Nationality: He/she must an Indian Citizen.
- Educational Qualification:
- The educational qualification for teacher posts based on AP TET Notification is discussed below
- Educational Qualification for Primary Teachers
- Intermediate /Senior Secondary with minimum 45% marks and pass in or pursuing the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
- 5% relaxation or percentage as permitted by the AP Government at the time of teacher education course admission regarded in minimum qualifying marks at intermediate/ Senior secondary level is suitable for SC/ ST/ Differently abled aspirants.
- Intermediate /Senior Secondary with minimum 50% marks and pass in or pursuing the final year of 4 years Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- Intermediate /Senior Secondary with minimum 45% marks and pass in or pursuing the final year of 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
- NCTE guidelines of August 2010 quote’s aspirants who qualified prior to August 2010 are eligible with the above-said qualification or percentage of marks.
- Sc./ B.A. /B.Com pass or pursuing the final year of a 2-year diploma in elementary education.
- Educational Qualification for Upper Primary Teachers
- Pass in B.Sc./ B.A./ B.Com. with a minimum of 45% marks and pass or pursuing the 1-year bachelor in education.
- 5% Relaxation in minimum qualifying marks in 12th Class/ Senior Secondary level is allowed for ST/ SC /Differently abled candidates.
- The specific relaxation in terms of AP government orders provided at the time of teacher education course admission with qualifying marks in B.A/ B.com / B.Sc degree is allowed for ST/ SC/ BC/ Differently abled candidates.
- If the aspirants have not secured the requisite amount of percentage but passed in the bachelor’s degree and have secured post-graduation in the relevant school subjects, she/he will be eligible for applying for paper 2 (a) (b).
- Pass in B.A./B.Sc./B.Com with at least 50% marks and pass or pursuing 1 year B. Ed Special Education Course.
Qualifying Marks in AP TET Exam
AP TET is not only a qualifying exam but also a competitive exam. All the aspirants who get the pre-defined minimum qualifying mark can appear for the computer-based examination. The category wise APTET Cut Off Marks 2020 is given below. Hence, try to secure the minimum marks in the AP TET Exam to get qualified for the posts.
- OC: 60% minimum
- BC: 50% minimum
- SC / ST / DA / Ex-S: 40% minimum
AP TET Results 2020
The Andhra Pradesh Primary and Upper Primary Teacher Eligibility Test Result 2020 will be published after the release of the AP TET Exam Key. Check the District Selection Commission, Government of Andhra Pradesh official website for the exact dates. The candidates will be able to view their results on the official web portal by providing their registration number and password.