The Indian Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is the sole body responsible for selecting candidates for various posts in the different banking institutions of the country. Out of the numerous recruitment drives conducted by the IBPS, the Bank of Baroda PO recruitment is a major one. The post of Probationary Officer in this leading bank of our country, is a dream to many young people. Usually, the Bank of Baroda PO Recruitment is an annually conducted drive for the aspirants. The selection process involves definite procedures as set by the IBPS which is the conducting body. It is mandatory for any candidate to know the BOB PO Selection Procedure in detail prior to applying for the post. So, in this article, let us check the details of Bank of Baroda PO Selection Process 2021.
Bank of Baroda PO Selection Process 2021
Every year thousands of dynamic aspirants apply for the Bank of Baroda PO Recruitment after the release of the official notification. This selection which is done on an annual basis is one of the most looked upon jobs by the youth of the country. Even though the official notification regarding Bank of Baroda PO Recruitment is not yet released by the conducting body, it is anticipated to be out very soon. Meanwhile, all the aspirants who are looking for a job in the banking sector shall check out the detailed procedure carried out in this process. By doing so, the aspirant will acquire a complete knowledge of the selection process, which will be helpful for combating the stress related to the recruitment.
As is known to most of the banking job aspirants, the recruitment done to select suitable candidates to various posts is not a single staged process. It often involves more than one stage which the candidate must qualify in order to become eligible for the job post. However, in the case of Bank of Baroda PO Recruitment, after qualifying the written examination as well as interview, the selected candidates will have to take up a one year long Post Graduate Diploma in Finance and Banking Course. Upon successfully completing this course, the candidate will be appointed as Probationary Officer in the various branches of Bank of Baroda.
BOB PO Detailed Selection Procedure
The post of Probationary Officer in a reputed banking institution is a decent post to begin the career for any banking job enthusiast. As the scope for career growth is enormous for a probationary officer, many young people around us prefer this job. However, getting selected as the Probationary Officer is not an easy task. All of the eligible candidates who have applied for the post shall undergo different stages of selection procedure. On completion of all these different stages, the candidate will be truly fit to become a Probationary Officer.
To begin with, the basic processes involved in the selection of Bank of Baroda PO are given below:
- Written Examination (Online and Descriptive)
- Group Discussion/ Psychometric Test/ Personal Interview
Let us have a look at each one in detail.
Written Examination (Online and Descriptive)
The first stage of the BOB PO Selection is the written examination that must be attended by all the applicants. In this stage, the candidates will have to appear for an online examination as well as a descriptive test. Qualifying marks in both the sections is mandatory in order to be eligible for the subsequent rounds in the selection process. Some of the major features of the Written examination conducted for the BOB PO candidates are listed below:
- The basic aim of conducting the written examination is to scrutinize the best candidates out of the thousands of applicants.
- The exam will be conducted both in online format as well as descriptive format.
- In the online examination, the major topics included will be from these sections – General Knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Computer Knowledge and English Language.
- All the sections of the question paper except the English language section will be available in both English and Hindi languages.
- For the descriptive paper, there will be two questions of descriptive type like letter writing or essay writing to assess the candidates abilities.
- The total time allocated for each candidate to complete the Online examination will be 2 hours and 30 minutes while that for the descriptive test will be 30 minutes.
- For the online test, each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark while for each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total marks.
- All the essential details like date of the exam, centre for the exam, time of the exam, etc will be printed on the admit card itself.
- In order to get selected for stage 2, each candidate must attain a minimum qualifying mark in each test as set by the conducting body.
Sequence of Online Written Exam
|Sl No||Topic||Number of Questions||Number of Marks||Time Allotted|
|1||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||Composite time of 2 hours and 30 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||50|
Sequence of Descriptive Paper
|Sl No||Topic||Number of Questions||Number of Marks||Time Allotted|
|1||Descriptive Test : English Language (Letter writing & Essay)||2||50||30 minutes|
Group Discussion/ Psychometric Test/ Personal Interview
Those candidates who successfully clear the stage 1 examination will be eligible for the stage 2 or the tier 2 of the BOB PO Selection Process. First of all, the list of the qualified candidates in each category will be arranged in a merit list. Then, a total number of candidates that is 4 times the intake capacity will be called for the Group Discussion/ Psychometric Test/ Personal Interview from each category.
Finally, a final list of meritorious candidates will be published by the conducting body. The stage 1 and stage 2 marks of the candidate are considered for this. However, while appearing for the Group Discussion or the Interview round a candidate must carry the following documents along with him/her. Otherwise, the candidate will be duly rejected.
- The admit card for the Group Discussion or interview.
- A printout of the online application form.
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Photo identity proof
- Mark lists to prove the educational qualification
- Certificate for caste and other relaxations
- Experience certificate
Post Graduate Course in Banking and Finance
After successfully completing the stage 1 and stage 2 in the Bank of Baroda PO Selection Process, each of the candidates will have to enroll in a Post Graduate Diploma Course in Banking and Finance. The basic purpose of this step is to make the candidates banking ready by imparting necessary skills and knowledge required to be a smart banker in a dynamic firm. The details of the course are in the section below:
- The total duration of the course is 1 year including the on the campus program as well as the on the job training.
- Each candidate will have to enroll himself for the certificate course done from Manipal Academy of Higher education (MAHE) which will be held at Baroda Manipal school of Banking.
- The initial 9 months of the course will be solely dedicated to the on the campus program involving regular classes by expert teachers.
- The last 3 months of the course will consist of on the job training given to the candidates.
- The entire programme fee of this course will be Rs.` 3, 45, 000/-. This will, however, include boarding, lodging and all other fees payable by the candidate.
- Financial assistance will be provided for the students in need in the form of student loans.
- After a candidate gets appointed as the Probationary Officer and completes 5 years of service in the bank, the entire course fee will be reimbursed as a loyalty bonus to the candidate.
Details regarding Biometric Data
The biometric data of all the candidates are collected at three stages of the selection process. These are :
- On entry to the examination hall to take up the online exam.
- After leaving the examination hall upon completing the online exam.
- During the document verification process.
Here are some basic information to the candidates regarding the Collection of Biometric Data:
- Make sure to wash the fingers thoroughly before your fingerprints are collected. This is to nullify in case there is any stain on your fingers like henna, tattoo or ink that may disrupt the smooth process.
- Before your biometric fingerprint is collected, check it out for dust or dryness. Wash and dry them properly before the procedure.
- Inform the concerned authorities promptly if the right thumb is injured. (in any case)
Simple tips to ace through the BOB PO Selection Procedure
Getting past the selection procedures of the Bank of Baroda PO Recruitment is definitely not a piece of cake. However, it is not impossible either. In order to successfully cope with the Bank of Baroda PO Selection Process, each of the candidates must strive for it from day 1. Here are some simple tips that the aspirants shall make use of.
- Prepare your mind to fully accept your goal.
- Split up the entire syllabus into different sections and learn at least one topic daily. Keep in mind that only continuous learning will help you come out in flying colors.
- Your initial priority must be getting through the online and descriptive written examinations. Try your best by doing constant practice.
- Try to learn from expert mentors and always use the best available books and study materials for the exam preparation.
- Attempt as many mock tests and previous year papers as you can. The speed and accuracy of answering will improve 100 fold by this method.
- As the stage 2 consists of a Group Discussion and Interview stage, polish yourself so that you stand out in this section of the selection process.
- Keep practicing to improve your speaking skills and thought gathering ability.
- When you get a chance, attempt a mock interview to boost your self confidence.
- Eat healthy and stay healthy. Keep your body fit by doing regular exercises. Only a healthy body can accommodate a smart mind!
Since we have briefed the Bank of Baroda PO Selection Process elaborately in this article, we hope that this will benefit all the aspirants. So, as and when the notification releases, hurry up and apply for this golden opportunity. We wish Good Luck to You!