The banking sector in India is booming with thousands of job opportunities. Every year hundreds and thousands of graduates join various banking institutions to start their career life. Among them, the Probationary Officer positions are highly desirable because of their high pay scale and job security. On joining the graduates can start their professional life on the pay scale of Rs. 23700-980×7/30560-1145×2/32850-1310×7/42020 along with other allowances like DA, HRA / Rent Reimbursement, CCA, etc. To join the Bank of Baroda as a PO in the Junior Management scale one can either appear in the IBPS recruitment or they can choose to pursue the bank’s own PG Diploma course. Even though the selection process is different, either way both sts of aspirants will join the bank on the same pay scale and allowances rate. Here we are discussing the minimum Bank of Baroda PO eligibility criteria.
Bank of Baroda PO Eligibility Criteria
To join India’s second-largest nationalized bank as the Probationary Officer in the Junior Management Grade / Scale-I, aspirants have two ways; one through the IBPS open recruitment and the other one is by joining the Bank of Baroda’s Post Graduate Programme. If the aspirant is choosing the first option, then they can compete in the annual IBPS PO recruitment, and on success, they can choose Bank of Baroda as their desired institution to join. On the other hand, if aspirants are keen to pursue the PG Diploma course organized by the bank along with the Manipal they should crack the entrance and complete the year-long course. In this 1-year program out of which, 9 months on-campus and the remaining 03 months will be on the job training.
Let’s check the Bank of Baroda PO eligibility criteria in detail for both ways of admission.
Bank of Baroda PO: IBPS PO Path
If the aspirants are choosing the IBPS PO recruitment to join the Bank of Baroda then they should possess the below-given eligibilities.
- Minimum Required Education Qualification: Aspirants should have completed graduation in any stream from any UGC recognized university or its equivalent.
- Computer Proficiency: Candidates should possess a basic working knowledge of the computer.
- Local Language Proficiency: All candidates should have the verbal and written knowledge of the local language of the state/ Union Territory is desirable. The aspirant must be able to read, write and speak the language.
- Age Limit: Candidates ages shall be between 20 years and 30 years as of August 01, 2021. The upper age limit relaxation for candidates belonging to various communities are:
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC/ ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Army personnel)||5 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women||9 years|
|Persons with Domicile of Jammu & Kashmir during the period of 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Regular Employees of Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service|
|(for Madya Pradesh state Only)||5 years|
Post Graduate Programme Path
- Nationality / Citizenship: To join the bank, candidates must be either i) a Citizen of India or ii) a subject of Nepal or iii) a subject of Bhutan or iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 intending to permanently settle in India or v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam intending to permanently settle in India.
- Bank of Baroda PO Exam Qualification: Candidates should possess a Degree (Graduation) with a minimum of 55% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in any discipline from any recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized by the government.
- BOB PO Age Limit: Candidates ages shall be between 20 and 28 years. The upper age limit relaxation criteria are as follows:
|SL No||Category||Age Relaxation|
|1||Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe candidates||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates||3 years|
|3||Ex-servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalided||5 years|
|4||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|5||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|6||Persons with Disabilities (PWD)|
|7||Persons with Disabilities – SC / ST||15 years|
|Persons with Disabilities – OBC||13 years|
|Persons with Disabilities – General||10 years|
Entri wishes you all the best for your Bank of Baroda PO 2021 examinations. Start your IBPS PO, Clerk, BOB PO and SBI PO, Clerk 2021 preparation today itself with our free mock tests. With Entri, you can access mock tests, previous year question papers, video classes, discussion groups, live classes, etc to improve the success rate.