Table of Contents
The post of Probationary Officer is a widely celebrated job opening in the Banking sector. All of the major banking institutions in the country hire candidates to fill the vacancies of Probationary Officer as it plays a vital role in the day-to-day functioning of the bank. Like most of the other Indian Banks, Bank of Baroda also invites applications from suitable and eligible candidates to fill the vacancies of Probationary Officers at various branches of the bank across the country. Even though BOB PO Recruitment 2021 has not commenced yet, it is essential for all of the aspiring candidates to know the BOB PO Application Procedure. Therefore, as we wait for the Bank of Baroda PO Notification to be released, let us check out the details of Bank of Baroda PO Apply Online 2021 procedure. Have a good read!
Bank of Baroda PO Apply Online 2021
Every year, the Indian Institute of Banking Personnel Selection invites applications from suitable candidates to fill up the vacant posts of Probationary Officer in the Bank of Baroda. This annual recruitment drive commences with the release of the official notification and concludes with the selection of the appropriate candidate. As the board had earlier decided to release the recruitment notification in the month of April or May 2021, all of the aspirants were eagerly awaiting the same. Unfortunately, the date of release got postponed and we are left with no other choice than to wait for the official notification release. Meanwhile, let us study the basic procedures involved in the online application process for the Bank of Baroda Probationary Officer post in this article.
Points to Remember
|Name of the Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Name of the Bank||Bank of Baroda|
|Name of the Post||Probationary Officer|
|Number of available vacancies||600+ (tentative)|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Notification Release Date||Will be announced shortly|
|Online Application start date||To be declared|
|Online Application End Date||Within 30 days of commencement|
|Date of Online Exam||To be announced|
|Official Web Portal||www.bankofbaroda.in|
How to Apply for Bank of Baroda PO 2021 ?
As per the information, it is anticipated that more than 600 vacancies will be available this year for the post of Probationary Officer at the Bank of Baroda branches in the country. Also, the online application method is the only accepted method of submitting the registrations by the interested candidates. Soon after the recruitment notification is released by the authority, the application window will be made open for all the interested candidates so as to submit the registration forms. This will be open to up to 28 days or the last date of application as informed by the conducting body.
In order to submit the online application for the post of Bank of Baroda PO in the Recruitment 2021, candidates will have to ensure to abide by the following rules. Check them out sequentially in this section.
Pre- Requisites to fill the Bank of Baroda PO Application
Before you begin the application process, ensure to keep the scanned copies of the following documents ready with you. The details of it are attached herewith.
Photograph of the candidate
- The photograph should be taken recently and must be of passport size.
- A white background is preferable.
- If the candidates wear glasses, make sure that there is no reflection of it in the photograph.
- The file size must be between 20 kb and 50 kb.
- The scanned image of the photograph should not be more than 50 kb. If in any case, the opposite happens, make sure to reduce the size of the file for proper uploading.
Signature of the Candidate
- The signature must be of the applicant itself.
- Those signatures given in capital letters will be duly rejected.
- It must be done on a white paper in black ink.
- If the signature that the applicant gives during the registration does not match the one that he/she gives during the examination, then such candidates will be disqualified from further proceedings.
- The preferred dimension for the signature of the candidate is 140 x 60 pixels.
- The maximum file size must be between 10kb – 20kb.
- The scanned image of the signature should not exceed 20kb.
Along with the essentials mentioned above, each of the candidates must have a valid mobile number and email ID that will be in use at least until the recruitment process is concluded.
Conditions for Scanning the documents
As uploading the scanned copies of the photograph as well as the signature of the candidate are mandatory to complete the application process, it is essential to know the right way to scan these documents. Check out the list given below:
- Check and set the resolution of the scanner to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- Choose the file size accordingly, as per the specification.
- Make sure the color is set to “True Color”.
- The scanned image file must be either in JPEG or JPG format.
Filling the Registration Form
After you are ready with the essential documents for completing the application procedure, follow the simple steps given below to get started:
- First of all, login to the official web portal of the Bank of Baroda.
- Next, visit the career section in the homepage and find the application link.
- Now, fill up the application form carefully with all the essential details.
- Upload the scanned copies of your photograph and signature in the space provided.
- Once you finish filling up the form, use the Save and Next facility to cross check.
- Have a look at the entries made in the application form and click on the submit button.
Conditions for Uploading the documents
Once you are done with the scanning procedure of all the essentials, the next step is to upload them properly in the application form.
- You will see separate links- one for photograph upload and the other for signature upload.
- After clicking on the respective link, browse the location where the document is saved in the system.
- Next, click on the select option by clicking on the file.
- Lastly, click on the upload button and you are good to go!
Payment of Application Fee
In order to successfully complete the entire application process involved in Bank of Baroda Recruitment, one must pay the Bank of Baroda PO Application Fee. This can be done only through online mode. And the details of it are given below:
|SC – Scheduled Caste
ST – Scheduled Tribe
PWD – Persons with Disability
|GEN – General
OBC – Other Backward Classes
- The online fee payment for Bank of Baroda PO recruitment is non- refundable.
- A candidate shall use any of the below mentioned options to complete the payment- Credit Cards, Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro) Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- Check for the e-receipt upon successful transaction.
- Do not forget to take a printout of the e-receipt generated by the system.
Upon the successful completion of the application procedure, a registration number as well as a user name will be intimated to the candidate through the registered mobile number. Each candidate must save these details carefully for future reference.
BOB PO Application Form Download
As and when the application window is opened by the Bank, all the candidates shall apply for the post through the link given below itself. However, the link will be activated only after the official information regarding it.
BOB PO Application Form (link inactive)
Eligibility Conditions for BOB PO Application
Like in case of any other competitive examination, there are certain eligibility criteria that must be fulfilled by all the candidates in order to apply for the post of Probationary Officer in Bank of Baroda. The basic requirement to apply for the Probationary Officer Post is that the candidate must be a citizen of India. Check out the other details here.
All the applicants who dream of a job as Probationary Officer, must have graduated from any recognized institute or university of the country with at least 55% marks in total. However, for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Person with Disability Category, the minimum marks in order to qualify for the application is 50%.
The minimum age for any candidate to apply for the post of Probationary Officer at the Bank of Baroda is 20 years while the maximum age is 28 years. Moreover, there is age relaxation provided to all the backward and weaker sections as per the norms.
Major Details Regarding BOB PO Selection
The selection process to the post of BOB Probationary Officer involves the written test (online and descriptive) as well as the GD/Personal Interview/Psychometric Test. However, all the candidates who qualify these two stages of the selection process will not be given the job offer as there is a major step in between.
The candidates who qualify the stage and stage 2 exams of the selection process will have to undergo a Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance by the Manipal Academy of Higher education (MAHE). The course will last for a year, out of which 9 months will be devoted to classroom learning. The remaining 3 months will comprise of Work Integrated Learning (WIL) that will be on the job training for the candidates. On completing the course successfully, each of the candidates will be guaranteed a proficient career in Banking at the Bank of Baroda.
However, there are a few noteworthy information, have a look at the list below:
- The total programme fee payable by every student will be Rs. 3, 45, 000/. However, this will include boarding and loading fee, course fee and all other taxes payable by the candidate.
- An examination fee will be collected from the candidate from time to time during the examinations.
- Financial aid in the form of student loans will be provided by the bank to the candidates at an interest rate of 8% p.a.
- After being appointed as the Probationary Officer and working for 5 years, the total course fee will be reimbursed to the candidate. This functions as a loyalty bonus.
As the Bank of Baroda PO Application Date will be soon released by the authorities, it is recommended that all the candidates stay prepared for it. Upon the opening of the application window, the interested candidates shall fill the registration form without wasting more time. So, we wish Good Luck to all the readers on their job hunt!