Table of Contents
As one of the financial institutions in the forefront of India, Bank of Baroda opens numerous employment opportunities to young people. One of the biggest recruitment drives conducted by the Bank of Baroda (BOB) is the one for the post of probationary Officers or PO. This recruitment drive begins with the release of the official notifications and ends with the appointment of suitable candidates to the post. As for any other competitive examination preparation, knowing the Bank of Baroda PO Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2021 is crucial for the aspirants. Even though the examination date is not yet released by the authorities, it is highly recommended that the aspirants start the preparation at an earlier stage itself. So, to help all the candidates willing to appear for the Bank of Baroda PO Exam 2021, we have come up with the entire syllabus and exam pattern in this article. Have a Read.
Bank of Baroda PO Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2021
Bank of Baroda PO Examination is one of the most sought after Probationary Officer Exams in the Banking Sector. Each year, a recruitment notification regarding selection of candidates to the post of Probationary Officers is released by the Bank through the official web portal. Based on the notification, applications are invited from eligible and interested candidates to fill the vacancies as probationary Officers in the Bank of Baroda. Subsequently the examination date will be released by the authorities along with the syllabus and exam pattern. All of the candidates who aim to crack the Bank of Baroda PO Exam must stick on to the syllabus and exam pattern throughout the preparation journey.
Before you begin the preparation for the examination, it is necessary to know the important details regarding the examination. As the official notification is not yet released by the conducting body, aspirants will have to wait patiently for the accurate information. Meanwhile, we can analyze the details of the previous year recruitment so as to get a picture of how the latest notification would look like.
|Name of the Organization
|Bank of Baroda (BOB)
|Name of the Post
|Number of Vacancies
|Online Examination and Interview
|Date of Notification Release
|To be out soon
|Last Date to Apply
|Will be Announced
|Date of Examination
|To be released soon
|Admit Card Status
|Not released yet
|Date of Result Declaration
|1 month after the examination
|Official Web Portal
Bank of Baroda PO Exam Pattern 2021
Knowing the examination pattern is the prime factor while getting ready for any competitive examination. Without a good knowledge of the exam pattern, the preparation will not be effective. As the Bank of Baroda PO Recruitment Drive is attended by a lot of aspirants on an annual basis, preparations must be on point in order to achieve success in the examination.
The selection process of the Bank of Baroda PO Exam consists of an online written examination followed by an interview round. The online written examination stage is crucial as only those candidates who qualify this stage will enter the successive stages in the selection process. To get a qualifying score in the stage 1 online examination, a candidate must first know the details of the written examination.
Stage 1- Online Written Exam Pattern
- The question paper will consist of an objective type section as well as a descriptive section. A candidate must attempt both sections in order to qualify for the next round.
- Even though 55% of marks in the objective test is essential for attaining selection to the next round, a candidate needs to score only the qualifying marks in the written examination.
- However, it is to be noted that the board will check the descriptive papers of only those candidates who have qualified the online examination.
- For each wrong answer given by the candidate, 0.25 marks will be deducted. Meanwhile, there will be no mark deduction if the candidate leaves any question unattended.
- The total marks for the online exam will be 200 while that for the descriptive test will be 50.
- Each candidate will be allotted a total time of 2.30 hours to complete the online examination. Moreover, a total time of 30 minutes will be allocated to finish the descriptive test.
- The major topics from which questions will be asked for the online examination include General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Computer Knowledge and English Language. A candidate must obtain a minimum score in each of the tests and a total score complying to the cut off of the examination.
|Number of Questions
|Number of Marks
|Composite time of 2 hours and 30 minutes
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude
|Descriptive Test : English Language (Letter writing & Essay)
Stage 2 – Group Discussion (GD) or Personal Interview (PI) or Psychometric Test
The second stage of the selection process to the post of Bank of Baroda PO Recruitment need not always be an interview round. It can be either a Group Discussion, a Psychometric Test or a Personal Interview with the candidate. The mode of stage 2 process will be intimated by the conducting body to the candidates.
After arranging the candidates in the order of merit in each category, the qualified ones will be called for the stage 2 of Bank of Baroda PO recruitment. The bank will decide the qualifying mark for each of these rounds based on the number of candidates and the performance of each. Also, the final merit list of the candidates will be prepared based on the marks obtained in the Online Exam (Objective and Descriptive) as well as the Group Discussion/ Interview round.
Bank of Baroda PO Syllabus 2021
The key to achieving success in any examination is being friends with the syllabus of the examination. By this we mean that the aspirants must learn and explore the entire syllabus included in the examination, before appearing for the examination. Once the details of the syllabus are released by the conducting body, the applicant should seek ways to study the possible sections of the syllabus.
As far as the Baroda Bank PO Exam is considered, the question paper consists of four main sections. However, the overall topics are briefed as under:
- General Awareness – General Knowledge, Banking and Economy Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability
- Computer Knowledge
- English Language
In the upcoming section of this article, let us check the details of the topics that fall under each of these sections.
- Current Affairs
- Static GK
- Banking Awareness
- Financial Awareness
- Reserve Bank of India
- Banking Terms
- Government Schemes
- Indian and International Economy
- History of Banking
- Indian Constitution
- Countries and currencies
- Books and Authors
- National and International awards
- Number Series
- Quadratic Equations
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Data Interpretation
- Mixture and allegation
- Volume and Surface Area
- Permutations and Combinations
- Profit and loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Age related problems
- HCF and LCM
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Coding and Decoding
- Arithmetic reasoning
- Number series- missing and wrong number
- Alphabet series
- Decision making
- Clocks and calendars
- Dices and cubes
- Mirror images
- Statements and conclusions
- Verbal and non verbal reasoning
- Embedded figures
- Reading comprehension
- Error Detection
- Error Correction
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Fill in the blanks
- Idioms and Phrases
- Para jumbles
- Sentence Improvement
- Cloze Test
- Active and passive voice
- Subject verb agreement
- Theme detection
- Direct and indirect speech
- Basic Grammar
- Essay writing
- Letter Writing
- Hardware and software basics
- History of computers
- Future of computers
- Operating System
- MS Office Tools
- Internet Usage and terms
- Networking and communication
- Internet security
- Data storage
Bank of Baroda PO Syllabus PDF
For easy access to the candidates, we have given the entire syllabus of the Bank of Baroda PO Exam 2021 in the section below in PDF format. Feel free to download the same and kick start your exam preparations.
How to cover the Bank of Baroda PO Syllabus effectively ?
In order to ace your preparation for the Bank of Baroda PO Exam, it is mandatory to cover the syllabus for the examination efficiently and effectively. However, most of the aspirants wonder how to do it properly. So, in this section we will help you with some basic tips to study for the Bank of Baroda PO Exam 2021. Check it out now!
- First of all, align your mind to study. When your mind is prepared all that you do will eventually fall into place. Be ready to work towards your dream job.
- As the next step, go through the selection process and examination pattern of the recruitment. This will give you an idea of how to carry out the preparation successfully.
- After the official release of the exam date and syllabus for the exam, keep a copy of it to yourself. Have a thorough inspection of the syllabus.
- Analyze your strong and weak domains from the syllabus. By doing this, the candidate will be able to focus on the sections that need more attention for achieving a better score.
- Keeping all the above points in mind and the daily routine that you follow, try to formulate a study plan. When making the study plan, keep in mind the remaining days for the examination also.
- Before starting the learning process, collect all the relevant resources and study materials and will help you to cover the syllabus accurately. Also, collecting these beforehand will help you save a lot of time during the preparation.
- During the process of learning, ensure that you make short notes on every topic that you learn. Make use of fun colors and sticky notes to make the learning interesting.
- Covering the entire syllabus without evaluating your progress will be futile. Therefore, take sufficient time to check your progress from time to time. This can be done by mock tests, practice quizzes, daily exams or even by solving previous year question papers. Be sincere to yourself and take up the tests so as to know where you stand.
- Continuous study will not do any good to the candidate. Hence, once in a while take some time off to relax your body, mind and soul. Engage yourself in any activity that soothes you completely. This will indeed fill you with positivity to make your preparations effective.
As we conclude this article on Bank of Baroda PO Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2021, we recommend all the aspirants to start your preparations at the earliest. You have a lot of time to study for the examination if you start promptly. Meanwhile stay connected with us for all major updates regarding the Bank of Baroda PO Exam!