Indian Bank PO is a national level exam conducted by the Indian Bank every year. It is a gateway for recruiting applicants into the Probationary Officer post offered by the branches of the bank. Selected applicants must undergo a 1-year PGDBF course at Indian Bank, Manipal School of Banking before they are recruited as Probationary Officers or Pos. In this blog, we will discuss Indian Bank PO Syllabus 2020 and Exam Pattern.
Indian Bank PO Syllabus 2020 and Exam Pattern
Indian Bank PO Prelims Exam pattern
|S.No||Sections||No of Questions||Marks||Duration|
- The exam will contain Objective Type questions.
- Aspirants need to get minimum Cut -off Marks in all the three sections.
- Minimum Cut Off will be decided by the recruiting Bank.
Indian Bank PO Mains Exam pattern
|S.No||Sections||No of Questions||Marks||Duration (Mins)|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60|
|2||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45|
|5||English Lang (Letter Writing & Essay) (Descriptive)||2||25||30 Mins|
- The Candidates qualified in Prelims are allowed to attend the Mains Exam.
- There will be Negative Marking for Both Prelims as well as mains Exams.
- 0.25 Marks will be reduced for the wrong answers.
- No Negative for Unattempted Questions.
Indian Bank PO Syllabus 2020
The syllabus of the prelims exam comprises topics from the English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability. Indian Bank PO syllabus 2020 for mains exam contains Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, General/ Economy/Banking Awareness, English Language, Data Analysis & Interpretation. The detailed syllabus of Indian Bank PO 2020 is given below.
Indian Bank PO Syllabus 2020 for Preliminary Exam
The preliminary exam of the Indian Bank PO will comprise three sections. The question paper will have a total of 100 questions and a maximum mark of the test is 100. The paper will be asked in both English and Hindi languages. The duration of the test is 1 hour. The topics prescribed for the preliminary exam are given below:
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Reading Comprehension
- Error Correction
- Unseen Passages
- Sentence Improvement/Phrase Replacement
- Idioms & Phrases
- Sentence/ Para Completion
- Para Jumbles
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Fill in the Blanks
- Cloze Test
- Essay and Letter Writing
- Number Series
- Clocks and Calendars
- Logical Reasoning.
- Puzzle Tabulation.
- Alphanumeric Series.
- Coded Inequalities.
- Seating Arrangement.
- Data Sufficiency.
- Ranking/ Direction/ Alphabet Test.
- Blood Relations.
- Ratio & Proportion, Percentage.
- Number Systems.
- Profit & Loss.
- Mixtures & Allegations.
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Surds & Indices.
- Work & Time.
- Time & Distance.
- Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere.
- Sequence & Series.
- Permutation, Combination & Probability.
- Data Interpretation also.
Indian Bank PO 2020 Mains Syllabus
The mains exam of the Indian Bank is a mix of both descriptive and objective tests. There will be a total of 157 questions and a maximum mark of the test is 125. The duration of the exam is 3 hours 30 minutes. The mains paper will also be in English and Hindi languages.
- Routes and networks
- Hardware and Software
- Fundamentals of computer
- News related to Reserve Bank of India
- India And Its Neighboring Countries
- Economics Scene
- General Policy Including Indian Constitution
- Banking/ Financial Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Scientific Research
Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Number System
- Data Sufficiency
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Problems on Age
- Data Interpretation
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Mixture and Allegations
- Permutation and Combination
- Decimals and Fractions
- HCF and LCM
- Time and Work
- Ratio and Proportions
In this article, we have discussed Indian Bank PO Syllabus 2020 and Exam Pattern, for more information and updates to keep visiting this blog.