Table of Contents
Indian Bank is about to release the recruitment notification to the post of Probationary Officer (PO) 2020. They notification will be released soon. The official notification and application form will be available in the official portal of Indian Bank. The banking sector job aspirants can apply for the post through online medium only. This article gives the detailed description of Indian Bank PO Eligibility- Age Limit and Qualification 2020.
Indian Bank Probationary Officer 2020: Overview
|Name of the Examination
|Indian Bank PO (Probationary Officer) 2020
|Exam Conducting Body
|National Level Examination
|Will be notified soon
|Must be a graduate with minimum 60% marks
|Computer-based test (CBT)
|Number of vacancies
|Not yet released
Indian Bank PO Eligibility – Age Limit and Qualification
Indian Bank invites application from young and brilliant graduates to the post of probationary officer, those who satisfies the eligibility criteria can apply to the post. The candidates will be selected through a selection process consisting of 3 stages like online Exam (Preliminary & Main Examination) followed by Personal Interview.
Admission to PGDBF at Indian Bank Manipal School of Banking (IBMSB) comes with the assurance of a full-fledged Banking career with Indian Bank as a Probationary Officer on successful completion of the course. The candidates are required to make sure that they fulfill the minimum eligibility norms for the recruitment test before filling in the application form. The following are the eligibility criteria for the exam:
A candidate must be either
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii)& (iv) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- The lower age limit is 20 years and the upper age limit prescribed for the test is 30 years for the General category aspirants. (As on opening date of Online registration)
- Age relaxation will be applicable for reserved categories as per government norms and is given as given in the table below
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe candidates
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates
|Persons With Benchmark Disabilities as defined under ―The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016
|PWD: – (SC-ST) – 15 years
(OBC)- 13 years
(Gen) -10 years
|Ex-servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs/ SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within the next one year from the last date for receipt of application) other than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability attributable to military service or on being declared as invalid.
|5 years for selection through written test & interview, subject to ceiling as per Government Guidelines
|All persons who have ordinarily been domiciled in the state of J & K during 01.01.1980 and 31.12.1989
|Persons affected by 1984 riots
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university/ institution or any equivalent qualification as recognized by the Central government.
- Applicants appearing for the final exam of the qualifying degree are also eligible provided they can submit requisite documents during the final selection round.
The applicants should pay the required amount to submit their application for Indian Bank PO examination 2020. The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets by providing necessary information.
NB: If the online transaction has not been successfully completed then candidates are advised to login again with their provisional registration number and password and pay the Application Fees/ Intimation Charges online. On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated.
Selection Process of Indian Bank PO 2020
The selection process of Indian Bank Probationary Officer exam is based on three major stages, such as:
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination (Objective + Descriptive)
Candidates who have been scored above the cut off score of the Main examination will be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Indian Bank. Click on the link for detailed illustration of Selection Process of Indian Bank PO 2020 Examination.
What is Indian Bank?
Indian Bank is an Indian state-owned financial services company established in 1907 and headquartered in Chennai, It is one of the top performing public sector banks in India. Since 1978, the Government of India has owned the bank. Allahabad Bank merged to Indian Bank from 1 April 2020, making it the seventh largest bank in the country as per the announcement made by the Indian Finance Minister Nirmala Sitaraman on 30 August 2019.
Learn with Entri app and prepare for Indian Bank 2020 Probationary Officer examination. Entri offers Banking 2.0 version of study materials, live video classes, doubt clearing sessions, tips and tricks to tackle mathematics questions, mock tests, etc. Try each of the sessions for easy exams. Entri wishes good luck to all aspirants!