Probationary Officers for IBPS are selected based on prelims exam, mains exam, and interview. In this article, we will discuss Indian Bank PO Selection Process 2020.
IBPS PO selection process consists of mainly three stages, preliminary exam, mains exam, and an interview. Any eligible person who aspires to join any of the participating organizations as Probationary Officer/Management Trainee is required to register for the Common Recruitment Process.
- The online examination is conducted in two stages, preliminary and mains exam.
- Aspirants who qualify the preliminary exam will be shortlisted for the mains exam.
- Aspirants shortlisted in the mains exam will be subsequently called for the final interview.
- The provisional allotment is done based on the mains exam and interview.
- The marks of the preliminary exam are not taken into consideration and are used for screening purposes only.
IBPS PO 2020 Selection Process
Each stage of the IBPS PO selection process will be discussed in this section:
Stage 1: Preliminary Exam
This is the first stage of the IBPS Probationary Officer selection process. All the registered applicants need to appear in the preliminary exam. The preliminary exam has three sections, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability. The duration of the exam is 1hour (20 minutes for each section). The total number of questions in the exam will be 100. All questions will be of objective type. This exam carries 100 marks.
Prelims Exam Pattern
|Section||No of questions||Duration||Total marks|
|English Language||30||20 minutes||30|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||20 minutes||35|
|Reasoning Ability||35||20 minutes||35|
Aspirants are required to secure the sectional and overall cutoff marks to get selected for the mains exam.
Stage 2: Mains Exam
This stage is conducted for the shortlisted candidates from the preliminary exam. The mains exam has both objective and descriptive test. The objective section contains questions from English Language, Data Interpretation and Analysis, Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, and General Awareness. The Descriptive section has a question on English (Essay and Letter Writing). The total marks of the Exam are 225. The time allotment of the test is 3 hours 30 minutes.
Mains exam pattern
|Section name||No of questions||Allotted Time||Total marks|
|Data Interpretation and Analysis||35||45||60|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60|
|English (Essay and Letter Writing)||2||30 minutes||25|
|Grand Total||157||3 hours 30 minutes||225|
Stage 3: Interview
Aspirants who have been shortlisted in the online mains exam will be subsequently called for the interview. This stage is conducted by the Participating Organisations and coordinated by the nodal bank in each state or Union Territory with the help of IBPS. A total of 100 marks are allotted for the interview. The minimum qualifying marks in the interview will not be less than 35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWBD and 40% for the remaining candidates.
Documents required for interview
The original and self-attested photocopies of the following documents are required to be carried during the interview.
- Printout of valid call letter
- Printout of IBPS PO application form
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Photo Identify Proof
- Marksheets or certificates for Graduation or equivalent qualification
- Caste Certificate (if any)
- Income and Asset Certificate (For EWS candidates)
- Disability certificate (if any)
- A copy of the service or discharge book along with pension payment order and documentary proof of rank last (For Ex-Servicemen)
- No Objection Certificate (In case of working candidates)
- Experience certificates (if any)
- The final selection of aspirants is done based on the mains exam and interview.
- The weightage given to the mains and interview will be in the ratio 80:20.
On completion of the final stage, depending on the number of vacancies to be filled in the current year, aspirants will be allotted to one of the participating organizations based on merit-cum-preference.
Vacancies given in the advertisement are analytical. The provisional allotment is done based on the final availability of vacancies. In the case of two or more aspirants having the same score, merit is decided as per the date of birth. Issuance of the appointment letter, including the formalities for verification, joining, etc. is done by the participating organizations.
In this article, the Indian Bank PO Selection Process 2020 was explained. Keep visiting this blog for updates on the latest government exams.