Table of Contents
Kerala PSC has invited applications from graduates below 36 years for the Assistant Jailor posts under the Jail departments. The posts include Assistant Jailor Grade I/ Superintendent, Sub Jail/ Supervisor, Open Prison/ Supervisor Borstal School/ Armourer, State Institute of Correctional Administration/ Lecturer, State Institute of Correctional Administration/ Training Officer, State Institute of Correctional Adminis. Eligible candidates can now apply against the Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor 2022 notification through their “thulasi” profile. The last date for application is February 05, 2020. Let’s check Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor eligibility in education, age, and physical measurements.
Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor 2022
Kerala PSC accepts applications only through the PSC application portal “thulasi”. Candidates, who wish to apply against Kerala PSC notifications should register in the One Time Registration portal thulasi. Directly recruited Assistant Jailors shall undergo training at Regional Institute of Correctional Administration/State Institute of Correctional Administration as prescribed by the Head of Department. The newly recruited officers would be under probation for the next two years from the first date of their service.
PSC Assistant Jailor Exam Pattern
- Maximum Marks: 100 Marks
- Number of Questions: 100
- Exam Duration: 01 hours 15 minutes
PSC Assistant Jailor 2022 Important Dates
- Notification Date: December 21, 2019
- Last Date for Application: February 05, 2020
- Examination Date: Yet to declare…
The scale of Pay: Rs.30700/ – Rs. 65400/.
Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor 2022 Eligibility
Assistant Jailor Eligibility: Educational Qualifications
Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s Degree/ Graduation from any UGC recognized University or equivalent.
- General Candidates: 18 years to 36 years [ candidates born between January 02, 1983, and January 01, 2001, are eligible to apply for this post]
- OBC Candidates: 18 years to 39 years
- SC/ ST Candidates: 18 years to 41 years
Age relaxations according to the government norms are applicable.
Assistant Jailor Eligibility: Physical Qualifications
The applicants should be physically fit and meet certain physical parameters.
- Candidates must have at least 165 cms height ( For SC/ST candidates the height must be 160 cm) and 81.3 cms round the chest on full expiration and must have a chest expansion of 5 cm.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Candidates must qualify in at least five out of eight items in the Physical Efficiency Test (PET) qualifying the minimum standards of efficiency.
|Events||One Star Standards|
|100 Meters Run||14 Seconds|
|High Jump||132.20 cms (4’6”)|
|Long Jump||457.20 cms (15′)|
|Putting the Shot (7264 gms)||609.60 cms (20′)|
|Throwing the cricket ball||6096 cms (200′)|
|Rope climbing (using hand only)||365.80 cms (12′)|
|Pull-ups or chinning||8 times|
|1500 meters run||5 minutes and 44 seconds.|
- Distant Vision for both the eyes must be 6/6 Snellen.
- Near Vision, for both the eyes must be 0.5 Snellen.
Colour blindness, squint or any other morbid condition of the eyes or lids of either eye are a disqualification.
- Candidates must be free from apparent physical defects like Knock-knee, Flat Foot, Varicose veins, Bowlegs,
Deformed limbs, irregular and protruding teeth, defective speech and hearing.
- Candidates should produce a Medical Certificate in the prescribed format to assure their fitness at the time of Certificate verification.
- Differently abled candidates and women candidates are not eligible to apply for this post.
Click here to download Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor Official Notification free pdf:
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.