Applications are invited online by Kerala PSC from qualified candidates for the post of Police Constable (Armed Police Battalion). Functionally, the armed police battalions serve as a reserve force to be deployed whenever and wherever the district police fall short of manpower in the maintenance of law & order. Interested candidates can apply through the online portal- Thulasi. Candidates who aspire to take the posts, have to first go through the tough Kerala Police recruitment selection procedure. Entri helps you reach that dream job by bringing you a Kerala PSC Constable 2022 Study Plan to help you crack the exam in the first attempt.
Kerala PSC Constable 2022 Notification: Important Details
In order to crack any exam in the first attempt, the first and foremost thing READ THE NOTIFICATION to find out more about the exam and submit the application
- Extra Ordinary Gazette Category No: 530/2019)
- Notification date: 31.12.2019
- Last date to submit the application: 05.02.2020
- Date of OMR examination: June – July 2020
- Date of Physical Measurement and Physical Efficiency Test: November –December 2020
Kerala PSC Constable: Exam Pattern
Next one should do is to understand the Exam Syllabus and Pattern. Bear in mind that this is a is a Plus Two based exam so although the level is not too high the below important topics should be covered.
For plus two level exam questions from general knowledge ( Fact about Kerala, Fact about India, Kerala renaissance , General science, Current affairs , Constitution of India, Five year plans, Geography, History of India etc), 20 mathematics and reasoning, 20 question from English).
The Kerala PSC Constable examination is an Objective OMR based examination. The duration of the examination will be 75 minutes.
PLEASE NOTE: it is a Plus Two based exam, so the questions will be in the Malayalam medium( except for the English part).
Constable Exam Pattern Syllabus
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- General English- Grammar and Vocabulary
- Simple Arithmetic (ലഘു ഗണിതം)
- Mental Ability (മാനസിക ശേഷി)
Kerala PSC Constable Exam: What successful aspirants recommend
- Start with the basic standard books like NCERT or State Boards. First, go by reading the standard books so that you can get a feel of the subject matter you need to learn about.
- You need to get a clear idea about each topic and subtopics. You should cover the syllabus completely before the exam.
- Apart from this, one can buy PSC bulletins published by Kerala PSC for in-depth reference.
- The silver jubilee issues of Kerala PSC and special editions are really helpful to score high marks in Kerala PSC exams.
- More than the preparation guides, it would be a lot more helping if you spend some time to prepare a note on regular news events and revise this
- As a PSC aspirant, Mathrubhumi year book is a must buy.
- For current affairs, read The Hindu daily & if possible make your own notes & revise it multiple times.
- Thozhil vartha/ Thozhil veedhi:- Mandatory weekly coverage of any of these.
- Kerala PSC has an interesting tendency of asking certain questions repeatedly in the exams. Once you’re familiarized with them, you’ve covered almost half.
Kerala PSC Constable Exam:
Few things that are important as far as Kerala PSC Exams is concerned are
- Renaissance of Kerala: Important Events, Movements, and Leaders.
- Brahmananda Swami Sivayogi
- Chattampi Swami
- Sree Narayana Guru
- Thycaud Ayya
- Ayya Vaikundar
- Poikayil Yohannan (Kumara Guru)
- Pandit Karuppan
- Mannathu Padmanabhan
- Dr. Palpu
- Vakkom Moulavi
- Blessed Kuriakose Elias Chavara
- Social Welfare Schemes & Measures
- Andyodaya Anna Yojana
- Balika Samridhi Yojana
- Bharat Nirman
- Indira Awaas Yojana
- Integrated Child Development Scheme
- Jawahar Rozgar Yojana
- Mahila Samridhi Yojana
- National Food for Work Programme
- Prime Minister’s Rozgar Yojana
- Rural Development Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Samagra Awaas Yojana
- Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana
- Valmiki Ambedkar Awaas Yojana
- Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Programme
To ace in an exam, you need to do proper preparation. You should have a proper focus and plan to clear the competitive exam in the first attempt. All this comes under the preparation process. The candidate must stay abreast of the current syllabus and the pattern of the exam.
Here are a few helpful tips on how to prepare for competitive exams
- Plan well and cover the whole syllabus without leaving anything untouched before the examinations.
- Time management
- The study session should be short
- Use mock papers
- Schedule a proper time table for studies
- Do multiple and effective revisions
- Referring to new books or the internet for more information
- Make a group study if possible
- Now for preparation, you will need to study a minimum of 3 hrs daily because the level of competition is increased nowadays.
- Practice at least a few mock tests and several previous year papers before attending the final exams.
- Topics such as Kerala Renaissance, Kerala History take up 20% of the questions.
- After reading standard books refer to previous questions papers & sample papers to boost your accuracy level & to check your answers.
- Don’t use so many books, it will make you confused at the end.
Entri, the mobile-based app has revolutionized the global education market here in Kerala and is the edutech leader for Kerala PSC Exams.
Now that the tentative dates have been announced, ensure you start preparing for the exam. As always Entri App is the best platform that will help you to ace these exams. You can find mock tests related to the exams you are preparing and also avail of online help and support from our subject experts. Diligently answering previous years’ question papers will definitely prove to be fruitful as it helps to understand the exam pattern, standard of questions and also your weak areas.
Good luck with the exam preparation! The commission will publish the time, date of the exam in due course of time, so stay tuned to our website for more updates.