The eligibility criteria for the Kerala PSC Constable 2020 (Category No: 530/2019) will be discussed in this article. The official notification was released by the Commission on 31st December 2019. Interested candidates can apply through the online portal- Thulasi. The last date for submitting the notification is on 05.02.2020. So, check the Kerala PSC Constable Eligibility Criteria and apply for the post.
Women candidates and differently-abled candidates are not eligible to apply in response to this notification.
The candidate should be between 18-26 years. Candidates born between 02.01.1993 and 01.01.2001 (both dates included) only are eligible to apply for this post.
The maximum age limit shall be relaxed up to 29 years for OBC candidates, 31 years for SC/ST candidates and 40 years for Ex-servicemen.
A pass in HSE examination (Plus Two) or its equivalent is the required qualification.
Those candidates, who claim for equivalent qualification shall produce the relevant Government order to prove the claim at the time of One Time verification or as required by the commission.
Eligibility Criteria: Physical Qualifications
- Height: A minimum of 168 cm.
- Chest: A minimum of 81 cm and with a minimum expansion of 5 cm.
Relaxation: Minimum Height and chest measurement shall be 160 cm and 76 cm respectively for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe communities. The minimum chest expansion of 5 cm shall, however, be applicable for them also.
- EyeSight: Must be certified to possess the visual standards specified below without glasses.
|Vision||Right Eye||Left Eye|
|Distant Vision||6/6 Snellen||6/6 Snellen|
|Near Vision||0.5 Snellen||0.5 Snellen|
- Each eye must have a full field of vision. Colour blindness, squint or any morbid conditions of the eye or lids of either eye will be deemed to be a disqualification.
- Must be free from apparent physical defects like knock-knee, flat foot, Varicose vein, bow legs, deformed hands and limbs, irregular and protruding tooth, defective speech, and hearing.
- Must qualify in any five events out of eight events specified below of the National Physical Efficiency, One Star Standard Test.
- The physical measurement of candidates will be taken at the time of physical efficiency test and those who do not possess the prescribed physical measurement will not be admitted for the Physical Efficiency Test.
- If accidents or injuries happen to a candidate while participating in the physical efficiency test, he will not be given further chance to participate in the test.
Physical Efficiency Tests
The candidates shortlisted after the objective OMR based written exam will have to qualify any five out of these eight events:
|SI.NO||Events||One Star Standards|
|1||100 Meters Run||14 Seconds|
|2||High Jump||132.20 cm|
|3||Long Jump||457.20 cm|
|4||Putting the Shot (7264 gm)||609.60 cm|
|5||Throwing the cricket ball||6096 cm|
|6||Rope climbing (using hands only)||365.80 cm|
|7||Pull up or chinning||8 times|
|8||1500 meters run||5 minutes and 44 seconds|
Moreover, the candidate should produce the Medical Certificate in original in the form certifying to their physical fitness and eyesight without glasses. The Medical Certificate should be one obtained from a Medical Officer under the Government, not below the rank of an Assistant Surgeon/ Junior Consultant.
- Notification date: 31.12.2019
- Last date to submit the application: 05.02.2020
- Date of OMR examination: June – July 2020
- Date of Physical Measurement and Physical Efficiency Test: November –December 2020
Selection will be made on a Battalion-wise basis. So, the candidates are prohibited from applying to more than one Battalion in response to this notification. Separate ranked lists for each Battalion will be published on the basis of written examination and PET.
The number of vacancies has not been released. There are anticipated vacancies at -Thiruvananthapuram (SAP), Pathanamthitta (KAP III), Idukki (KAP V), Ernakulam (KAP I), Thrissur (KAP II), Malappuram (MSP), Kasaragod (KAP IV).
Candidates appointed to the various Battalions will be allowed transfer only to the District Armed Reserves concerned as shown against the Battalions noted below:
|SI.NO||Name of Battalion||Name of District and Police District coming under the Battalion||PSC District office
in charge of the selection
|1||SAP||Thiruvananthapuram Revenue District (Thiruvananthapuram City and Rural Police Districts)||Thiruvananthapuram|
|2||KAP III||Kollam, Alappuzha and Pathanamthitta Revenue Districts (Kollam, Alappuzha and Pathanamthitta Police Districts)||Pathanamthitta
|3||KAP V||Kottayam and Idukki Revenue Districts (Kottayam and Idukki Police Districts)||Idukki|
|4||KAP I||Ernakulam Revenue Districts. (Kochi City and Ernakulam Rural Police Districts)||Ernakulam|
|5||KAP II||Thrissur and Palakkad Revenue Districts (Thrissur and Palakkad Police Districts)||Thrissur|
|6||MSP||Malappuram, Kozhikode Revenue Districts (Malappuram Police District, Kozhikode City, and Rural Police Districts)||Malappuram|
|7||KAP IV||Kannur, Wayanad and Kasaragod Revenue Districts (Kannur, Wayanad and Kasaragod Police Districts)||Kasaragod|
Other useful links: