Kerala Public Service Commission is planning to conduct the Staff Nurse Recruitment 2022, job aspirants who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply for the post through the official website Kerala PSC Thulasi online portal. The recruitment notification will be released soon. As part of the selection process, there will be a written examination. In this article, the details of Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2022 are given.
Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Recruitment 2022
|Authority||Kerala Public Service Commission|
|Name of the post||Staff Nurse|
|Exam date||It Will be announced soon|
|Scale of pay||– 59400/-|
|Number of Vacancies||Notified soon|
Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2022
Kerala PSC conducts an objective type written examination for selecting the Staff Nurse. The question paper consists of two sections such as Part 1 and Part 2. Part 1 contains the topic which is common for all Kerala PSC Exams and Part 2 contains the topics focused on the core subject, here it is Nursing. The detailed syllabus is given below.
Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Exam Pattern 2022
- The examination will be conducted for 75 minutes, and the total marks will be 100.
- This examination is an objective-type question.
- The medium of this examination is English.
- For each of the correct answers, one mark will be granted for the candidate.
- There will be a negative marking of 1/3rd (0.33) marks for every wrong answer.
Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Syllabus 2022
PART 1 Syllabus
- HCF and lcm
- Ratio and proportions
- Interest Calculation
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Calculation of Area
- Calendar issues
- Issues on age
Mental Ability and Trial of Reasoning Calculation and Logic:
- Coding & decryption
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Letter and number series
- Odd man out
- Logic check
- Alphabetical arrangement of words
- Date and Calendar
- Sense of Direction, etc.
This section includes Common Scientific Facts, necessary Scientific Phenomena, alternative basic facts within the field of Science.
Topics like Important World, National, and Regional Events associated with the Political and scientific fields, Sports, Cinema, and Literature, and plenty are covered in this section.
Facts Related to India:
This section covers the topics like Geographic of India, Physical options, Climate, Soils, Rivers, renowned Sites, Demography, the Economic and Social Development, Poverty Alleviation, Economy and planning, the History of India, the period from 1857 to 1947, the famed National Movements, and so forth.
Facts Related to Kerala:
This section covers the topics associated with Geographical Facts like Physical options, Climate, Soils, Rivers, famed Sites, the
necessary Events or Movements or Leaders, etc.
Constitution of India and Civil Rights:
- Basic Facts
- Features of the Constitution
- basic Rights & Duties
- Directive Principle Union Government
- legislative assembly
- State government
- Union Territories
- Apex Court’s controller
- and Auditor General
- Public Service Commissions and alternative necessary Offices, necessary Amendments
- Rights like Right to Education
- Human Rights like the Human Rights Commission, Right to information
- Information Commission
- Social Audit, Lokayukta
- Women’s Commission
- Legislation against Child Labor
- Atrocities against women and Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, etc.
General English Grammar:
- Agreement of Subject and Verb
- Confusing Adjectives and Adverbs
- Comparison of Adjectives
- Correct usage of Articles
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Active and passive
- Correction in Sentences
- Singular and Plural
- Synonyms- Antonyms
- One-word Substitutes problem regarding words
- Idioms with their meanings and plenty of additional topics.
Social Welfare Schemes & Measures:
Various government assistance plans and measures are covered here.
Information Technology and Cyber Laws:
Fundamentals of Computers, the internet, and Cyber Laws are covered here.
PART 2 Nursing
- Anatomy & Physiology.
- Environmental Hygiene.
- Fundamentals of Nursing.
- Medical-Surgical Nursing.
- First Aid.
- Personal Hygiene.
- Nursing Management.
- Community Health Nursing.
- Health Education & Communication Skills.
- Mental Health.
- Psychiatric Nursing.
- Computers in Nursing.
- Pediatric Nursing.
- Midwifery & Gynecological Nursing
The following seven are the sub-topics that are covered.
- Behavioral sciences
- Fundamentals of nursing
ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY & MICROBIOLOGY
- Anatomical terms, Cell & Tissues
- Blood-composition & functions
- Circulatory system-Heart & Blood vessels structure, function
- Lymphatic system-structure & function
- Respiratory system- structure & function, physiology of respiration
- Digestive system- structure & function, process of digestion
- Excretory system- structure & function of kidney, ureter, bladder & urethra
- Endocrine system– structure & function of pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, pancreas, ovary & testis
- Reproductive system- – structure & function of male& female reproductive organs
- Nervous system-brain & nerves, spinal cord, autonomic nervous system
- Sense organs-skin, ear, nose, eye & tongue, physiology of vision, hearing, smell, touch, taste
- Skeletal system-bones, tendons, ligaments, cartilages
- Muscular system-types, structure & function
- Micro organisms-classification, common diseases, the study of microbes
- Infection & its transmissions, Sources, types.
- Immunity, Types, Immunization Schedule
- Disinfection & sterilization, asepsis, biomedical waste management
Scope of learning psychology for nurses, Structure of mind, Body Mind relationship, Learning, Thinking, Reasoning, Observation, Perception, Attention (Nature & Factors affecting) Personality-& Intelligence-(Nature, Assessment, Development of)
Scope in Nursing, Uses, Influence of environment in individual development, Rights & Responsibilities of the individual in democratic society Family-Characteristics, Types, Family cycle, Functions, Types of Marriage Society—Social groups, Social change, Social control, Social stratification, Social agencies, & Social problems Culture & characteristics, Community, types –rural & urban
a) Nursing education-scope and purposes, basic principles of teaching, lesson plan, methods of teaching-case
method, bedside clinic, nursing rounds, nursing conference
b) Introduction to research-need and importance, characteristics, research approaches, methods, data collection process, analysis of data,evidence-based practice
c) Professional trends and adjustment-nursing as a profession, professional ethics and etiquette, personal
and professional development, continuing education, inservice education, a career in nursing, nursing in future, legislations in nursing, common legal hazards in nursing, professional organisations-INC, ICN, TNAI, SNA, WHO, red cross
d) Nursing administration and ward management philosophy, principles, management process-planning,
organization, staffing, directing, coordination and control, budgeting, administration of hospital/ ward, safety measures, leadership styles, problem-solving, records and reports, material management, cost, and financing of health care.
FUNDAMENTALS OF NURSING
- Nursing—Concept, Profession, Ethics, etiquette, Health care agencies, Approaches, Holistic Nursing, Health, Basic human needs
- Nursing care of the patients-therapeutic environment, meeting needs of the patient, Admission, Discharge & Transfer procedures, Communication , Nursing process & Care plan
- Meeting Basic Needs of Patient –Physical needs (comfort, rest, sleep, exercises, body mechanics, comfort devices, bed making, safety devices).
- Hygienic needs-(personal & environmental hygiene, mouth, skin, hair, eyes, pressure sores). Nutritional
needs- feeding helpless patients.
- Elimination needs-managing constipation & diarrhea giving laxatives, enema, suppository& bowel wash
- Meeting psychological & spiritual needs Care of terminally ill & dying-medicolegal issues, care of the dead body
- Hygiene-Personal Hygiene-skin, hair , teeth, eyes , ear, mental health & hygiene Assessment of patient—Physical assessment, Psychological assessment.
- Infection Control-asepsis, PPE, Isolation precautions, Biomedical waste management.
- Therapeutic nursing care-care of patient IV Fluid with respiratory problems, suctioning, fever,-IV Fluid, hot& cold applications, care of the unconscious patient, bedridden patient, pain, elimination problems
- Introduction to Clinical pharmacology—medicine administration-oral & parenteral, routes, nurses responsibility
- Aims, Rules, first aid kit, dressings & bandaging CPR.
- First Aid in-asphyxia, drowning, bleeding, shock, fracture, sprain, hanging, burns&scalds, poisoning, foreign body in eye, ear, nose, throat Community emergencies, disaster management
Learn with Entri app for Kerala PSC Exams. Join now for Entri Kerala PSC Gold! Entri team wishes good luck to all aspirants.
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Exam Information Links|
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Notification||Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Mock Test|
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Exam Date||Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Video Course|
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Application Form||Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Study Materials|
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Vacancy||Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Interview Questions|
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Admit Card||Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Job Profile|
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Study Plan||Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Salary|
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Previous Question Papers||Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Best Books||Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Result|
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Eligibility Criteria||Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Cutoff|
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Selection Process||Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Exam Analysis|
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Answer Key|