The Staff Nurse is a first level professional Nurse providing care to the patients in a hospital or nursing care. The job role associated with the profession is to give expert bedside care to patients and executing special technical duties in special areas like operation theatres, intensive care units, highly dependent units, etc. In short, they will be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of programs of care under indirect supervision from senior staff. Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Job Profile 2022 will provide you with a basic understanding of the functions of a staff nurse.
Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Job Profile 2022
Kerala Public Service Commission is yet to announce the official notification of the KPSC Staff Nurse exam. Kerala PSC conducts exams annually for the post of Staff Nurse in Kerala. This is a great opportunity for those who are looking for the job of Staff Nurse within Kerala. The exam consists of an online OMR-based exam, followed by a personal interview and document verification. In this article, we will discuss the Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Job Profile and career growth in more detail. Candidates must check the official website of the Kerala PSC for more information about the same. The Staff Nurse has the responsibility to assess the patients and plan the care as well as the recovery of patients. The shortlisted candidates have to work with the health care practitioners for the overall recovery of patients.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Staff Nurse to perform:
- Fulfilling the safety, comfort, and basic needs of the patient by Administering medicines and injections that are to be given to the patients.
- Concerning the ICU responsibilities, he/she is to maintain the prepared standard protocol of asepsis strictly.
- Assist surgeons during operations. She is to provide antenatal, intra-natal, postnatal care as taught in the nursing curriculum.
- prepare nursing plan after consulting the ward sister which includes distribution of food as per the diets.
- For her duty of being a teacher to the nursing students, she will assign patients to student nurses keeping in mind the level of knowledge of the student, the learning objective, and the need of the patients.
- Treat injuries requiring immediate care. This also includes observing and interpreting patient’s symptoms and communicating them to physicians
- Proper documentation related to patients includes keeping records of all the procedures of the patient neatly
- about ward duty, she is to help the ward sister for supervision of work of Group D allotted in the ward for maintenance of cleanliness and sanitation. To do so, she has to keep herself up to date with nursing knowledge by taking part in the in-service education program.
Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Career Growth
The Kerala PSC conducts an exam for the post of Staff Nurse. The recruited candidates will be given a good salary package along with other incentives. The nurses are also provided with the other allowances as per the norm. Based on internal exams, the nurses get promoted along with the salary hike. These internal exams occur regularly and those qualifying them are recruited to higher-level posts along with an increment. A Staff nurse can apply for the post of Head Nurse, and after that, the next promoted role is Nursing Superintendent. The staff nurse is a dedicated professional and it requires a great level of patience and only those who have it can work with utmost sincerity. Staff nurses are responsible for initial patient assessment, monitoring patients’ vital signs, and nurturing patients to recovery.
For more information on government examination download and log in to the Entri app to get updates regarding various recruitment. Candidates can check the article on exam notifications to get more information. Strategize your preparation towards success today itself. Entri app is here to make sure that your preparation is in the right direction. Good luck!
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Exam Information Links
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Notification
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Selection Process
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Syllabus
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Mock Test
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Exam Date
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Video Course
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Application Form
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Study Materials
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Vacancy
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Interview Questions
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Admit Card
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Salary
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Study Plan
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Preparation Tips and Tricks
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Previous Question Papers
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Result
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Best Books
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Cutoff
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Eligibility Criteria
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Exam Analysis
|Kerala PSC Staff Nurse Answer Key