Table of Contents
International days are marked to educate the public on issues of concern, to address global problems and to celebrate and reinforce achievements of humanity. Each international day provides the community an opportunity to organize activities related to the theme and to create public awareness on the same. Organizations, governments, public and private sectors, schools, universities and citizens make international day a springboard for awareness raising actions. In this article let us check the Zero Discrimination Day theme and Quiz.
Zero Discrimination Day 2023: Date
Zero Discrimination Day is an annual day celebrated by the United Nations and other international organisations. The day aims to promote equality before the law and in practice throughout all of the member countries of the UN. The day was first celebrated on March 1, 2014, and was launched by UNAIDS Executive Director Michel Sidibé on 27 February of that year with a major event in Beijing.
Zero Discrimination Day 2023: History
The day was first observed on March 1, 2014, by UNAIDS, an organisation dedicated to the cause of deconstructing oppressive systems towards persons living with HIV/AIDS in UN member nations. The day began as a campaign in December 2013, with then-Executive Director Michel Sidibé kicking it off with a huge event in Beijing.
Zero Discrimination Day Theme 2023
- Theme of Zero Discrimination Day 2023, is “Save lives: Decriminalize”
- Theme of Zero Discrimination Day 2022, is “Remove laws that harm, create laws that empower”
- Theme of Zero Discrimination Day 2021, is “Zero Discrimination against Women and Girls.” celebrated on 1st March 2021.
- Theme of Zero Discrimination Day 2020, is “Act to change laws that discriminate”
Zero Discrimination Day 2023: Significance
UNAIDS uses Zero Discrimination Day to raise awareness about discriminatory laws and practices that deprive people of their dignity. The day fuels movements against laws that choose and hold people accountable for merely being who they are, and it brings like-minded, indiscriminate minds together to trump discrimination.
Zero Discrimination Day 2023: Quotes
- “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” – Bertrand Russell
- ” I hate prejudice, discrimination, and snobbishness of any kind – it always reflects on the person judging and not the person being judged. Everyone should be treated equally”. – Gordon Brown
- ” Discrimination has a lot of layers that make it tough for minorities to get a leg up.” – Bill Gates
- “Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It’s beyond me.” – Zora Neale Hurston
Zero Discrimination Day Quiz 2023
1. The behavior of treating a person or a group badly because they are different from you is
2. Discrimination is the negative treatment of a person or a group of people on the basis of
C) Sexual orientation
E) All of the above
3. What percentage of women globally have experienced physical or sexual violence by an intimate partner at least once in their lifetime ?
4. According to Indian law, what is the minimum age of a person for employment in a factory?
A) 18 years
B) 21 years
C) 14 years
D) 16 years
5. India signed the Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination Against
Women (CEDAW) in
6. The Declaration on the Elimination of Violence Against Women was made by the United
Nations General Assembly in
7. Other than the right to equality, right to freedom, right against exploitation, right to freedom
of religion and right to constitutional remedies, which of the following is also a fundamental
right as currently given by the Indian Constitution?
a) cultural and educational rights
b) right to property
c) right to marriage
B) Only unorganized sector
C) Both organized and unorganized sectors
B) Article 202
C) Article 143
D) Article 27
Attempt the following Quiz by Entri to boost your score in the examination
- World Students day quiz
- Global Hand washing day quiz
- World Mental Health day quiz
- International day of Girl Child quiz
- Indian Air force quiz
- Modern Agriculture quiz
- World Animal Welfare day quiz
- World Rivers day Quiz
- Gandhi Jayanti Quiz
- World Maritime day Quiz
- World Heart day Quiz
- World Alzheimer’s day Quiz
Few important international days and its significance by Entri.
- National Productivity Day 2023
- World Suicide prevention day
- Engineers day 2023 in India
- International day of democracy
- International Literacy day
- International day of charity