CTET Preparation 2022: To evaluate a candidate’s eligibility to teach classes 1 through 8, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) administers the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) twice a year in the form of a computer-based test (CBT). Candidates must take the test and pass it with the required CTET qualifying marks in order to be eligible to apply for teaching positions in India’s numerous government and private schools. Candidates must develop a detailed study plan if they hope to pass the CTET 2022 exam with good marks.
Ultimate CTET Preparation Tips
Candidates who are appearing for the upcoming CTET Exam can go through the CTET Preparation tips mentioned below in order to score high. By going through these simple CTET Preparation tips and implementing them in your studies, can definitely achieve top rank and clear the CTET 2022 Exam.
Know Basic Information About the CTET Exam
The Central Teaching Eligibility Test (CTET) is a national-level entrance exam conducted for candidates who are interested to join the post of a school teacher for grades 1 to 8. Applicants who will register for the CTET Exam 2022 must understand how to prepare for the assessment.
Applicants registering for the CTET Exam 2022 should read the outline of the exam format from the table mentioned below before heading into the description of the CTET Preparation Strategies:
|Name of the Exam||Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET)|
|Conducting Body||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Number of Papers||2|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Language||Hindi and English|
|Number of Sections||5|
|Total Number of Questions||150|
|Time Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes|
Candidates are advised to review the comprehensive and most recent CTET Syllabus 2022 before starting any exam preparation. Candidates can have a comprehensive understanding of the themes and chapters by being aware of the syllabus.
- The CTET Syllabus differs for Papers I and II. Try to cover all of the Complete CTET curriculum throughout your preparation.
- Child Development & Pedagogy, Language-1, Language-2, Environmental Studies, and Mathematics are all included in CTET Paper-I.
- Child Development & Pedagogy, Language-1, Language-2, Social Studies, or Mathematics & Science are all topics included in CTET Paper-II.
- The test will be bilingual (in English and Hindi).
- The CTET notice lists 20 different language options, however the candidate may select just two of them.
- The curriculum covers a wide range of disciplines, therefore it’s crucial that you create a specific study schedule to thoroughly cover each one.
Know Latest CTET Exam Pattern
Before beginning their study for the CTET 2022, graduates must be familiar with the test format and curriculum. Observing the exam pattern with caution is one of the key pieces of advice for starting CTET exam preparation.
To understand the CTET Exam Pattern 2022, see the table below:
|CTET Paper I Exam Pattern|
|Subject||Number of MCQs||Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Environmental Studies -EVS||30||30|
|CTET Paper II Exam Pattern|
|Subject||Number of MCQs||Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Mathematics and Science OR Social Studies||60||60|
CTET Preparation Plan For One Month
Candidates are advised to create a study timetable for CTET preparation. Allow equal time for completing all portions. Give more time for weaker topics and less time for easier topics.
30 Days CTET Study Plan
|30 Days||Papers & Subjects of CTET Exam|
|CTET Paper 1
|CTET Paper 2
|Day 1||Child Development (Primary School Child)||Child Development (Elementary School Child)|
|Day 2||Concept of Inclusive education & understanding children with special needs||Concept of Inclusive education & understanding children with special needs|
|Day 3||Learning and Pedagogy||Learning and Pedagogy|
|Day 4||LANGUAGE I – Reading unseen passages||LANGUAGE I – Reading unseen passages|
|Day 5||Revise all Topics prepared in the first 4 Days & Check Preparation Strategy for Child Development & Pedagogy|
|Day 6||Pedagogy of Language Development for Language I||Pedagogy of Language Development for Language I|
|Day 7||LANGUAGE II – Reading unseen passages||LANGUAGE II – Reading unseen passages|
|Day 8||Pedagogy of Language Development for Language II||Pedagogy of Language Development for Language II|
|Day 9||Language I & II Grammar||Language I & II Grammar|
|Day 10||Revise all Topics prepared in the first 9 Days
Practice CTET Important Questions
|Day 11||Maths – Geometry
Shapes & Spatial Understanding
|Maths – Number System, Knowing our Numbers, Playing with Numbers, Whole Numbers & Negative Numbers and Integers|
|Day 12||Numbers, Addition and Subtraction, Multiplication & Division||Fractions, Algebra, Introduction to Algebra|
|Day 13||Maths – Solid Around Us & Money||Ratio and Proportion, Geometry, Basic geometrical ideas (2-D), Understanding Elementary Shapes (2-D and 3-D)|
|Day 14||Maths – Measurement, Weight, Time, Volume||Symmetry: (reflection), Construction, Mensuration, Data handling|
|Day 15||Maths – Data Handling & Patterns & Pedagogical issues||Maths – Pedagogical issues|
|Day 16||Revise all Maths Topics studied in previous 5 days
CTET Complete Study Material
|Day 17||Environmental Science – Family and Friends, Animals, Plants, Food & Shelter, Water & Travel||Science – Everything about Food, Materials, World of the Living, Moving Things People and Ideas, How things work, Electric current and circuits, Magnets, Natural Resources|
|Day 18||Pedagogical Issues in EVS||Pedagogical issues in Science|
|Day 19||EVS Activities & Experimentation/Practical Work||Social Studies – Complete History subject|
|Day 20||Practice CTET EVS Important Questions|
|Day 21||Important Questions on Child Development and Pedagogy (with Answers)||Social Studies – Complete Geography subject|
|Day 22||Practice Math’s Questions Based On Age||Social and Political Life & Pedagogical issues|
|Day 23||Important Pedagogy Questions on the English Language||CTET Social Science study material|
|Day 24||CTET English Practice Questions Set||Child Development Questions
CTET Science Practice Questions
|Day 25||Go through CTET Important Topics 2020|
|Day 26||Important CTET Questions on Theories of Piaget, Kohlberg & Vygotsky||Child Development Questions|
|Day 27||Practice CTET Mock Test 2020|
|Day 28||CTET बाल विकास और शिक्षा शास्त्र & English Language||Important Pedagogy Questions on the English Language|
|Day 29||Child Development Questions||Practice Math’s Questions Based On Age|
|Day 30||Practice CTET Previous Year Papers|
Complete CTET Syllabus
- The syllabus includes topics from the NCERT syllabus for classes I to V (Paper I) and V to VIII (Paper II) respectively.
- The exam difficulty level will be to the level of the senior secondary stage.
- CTET aspirants will have two compulsory languages test, one as a medium of instruction and another language of the candidates’ choice.
- For language papers, it is usually tested on communication and comprehension abilities along with the elements of language.
- Child Development and Pedagogy section syllabus covers all the topics that test teacher’s teaching ability and student psychology-related questions, that they will be teaching after qualifying for the exam.
Make Own Notes
List out some important books or subscribe to online platforms for topic-wise notes. After reading and understanding make your own notes. Scribble the important points, important theories, equations. Also, learn through asking questions. Try to teach yourselves the points or topics! These rough notes will for sure, help you at the time of revisions!
Practice CTET Mock Exams
An important part of CTET preparation. Practice more mock tests to be thorough with the exam pattern and analyze the questions completed, wrongly marked ones, after each test. Time management is very crucial for objective tests and mock tests will help you for achieving this. Most candidates who are attempting for the first time really should focus upon this issue.
Attempt Previous Question Papers
Like the mock test, previous question papers will help you to practice the exam. This is a very good reservoir of questions, and topic-wise mark distribution can be analyzed.
Paper-wise Strategies and Tips for CTET 2022
Now, let us check the complete CTET preparation strategy to cover the entire topics in each of the papers discussed in the exam pattern.
CTET Preparation Tips Child Development and Pedagogy
- Covering the whole topic 15 questions will be asked from the child development section.
- The questions will be associated with the ideologies and principles of thinkers under the child development section.
- Aspirants can get 5 sure-shot questions from the concept of comprehensive education and understanding physically challenged children. So, include it as a priority topic.
CTET Preparation Tips for Language I and II
Normally, it is seen that language 1 is the Local Language and the second Language is the Language for Communication.
CTET Language I
- This will be the language used to give instructions in classes that will be added as the language I section.
- So, aspirants must practice a lot to master this language section.
- In most cases, the local language opted by the majority of candidates is Hindi.
- Learn the grammar, read newspapers of local languages and also focus on time management.
- Planning topic-wise portions, practicing questions will improve the performance in this section.
- This subject contains two unseen passages and prose and a drama. The questions from the Prose section can be literally, scientific, or narrative. Reading habits will add to the speed for these sections!
- Practice and focus more on the questions on grammar and verbal ability, Inference-based questions, and poems.
CTET Language II
- This will be the second principal language used in the respective region.
- Questions paper pattern will be comparable to that of language I.
- There will be questions that test the grammatical skills of the candidate in language paper II.
Common Tips for Both Languages
- Read books or papers available in both languages and practice this regularly.
- Grammar is indispensable for language sections, so learn various parts of speeches for both parts I and part II with the help of grammar books.
- Always follow the syllabus guidelines before jumping into practice.
- Acquire practical training for the teaching methods, and answer the questions productively.
CTET Preparation Tips for Mathematics Paper I and II
Mathematics is a common topic for both papers I and paper II. So, set a strategy on the basis of the important guidelines outlined for the teachers.
- NCERT Books: Cover the topics and revise the NCERT books of mathematics from class I – V/ VI-VIII depending upon the paper appearing.
- Regular Practice of Mock Tests: Download the entri app and attempt as many maths mock tests.
- Attempt and analyze the CBSE CTET Sample Papers: Before the exam, CBSE will release sample papers that must be practiced so that the exam type, pattern, and format of the questions can be familiarized.
- Maths and Pedagogy: Mathematics papers too include pedagogy questions, so that, candidates must have good knowledge and understanding of these questions.
- Attempt maximum questions – There are no negative marks!
- Rely on NCERT books on EVS of Class I to V and Geography books of Class VI to VIII.
- Read the newspaper, make it a routine!
- GK quiz and subjective quizzes for environmental studies will help to perform well in the exam and get 30 marks.
CTET Preparation Tips for Science
- Only 30 MCQ-type questions will be from the basic class VI to VIII syllabus in paper 2.
- Cover the NCERT books from class I to VIII properly.
- Problems in these Science books are not to be left, it matters.
- Study and attempt mock to test your preparations.
- Mostly it is found to have very few questions from chemistry.
CTET Preparation Tips for Social Science Paper-II
- This includes the CBSE Class I- VIII syllabus under environmental science and social science.
- The questions will be on the basic concepts of cultural, economic, and political skills.
- From Social science, questions will be based on how our society works, of which aspirants can make notes
- Keep updated with the latest constitution-related, laws, and parliamentary news.
- Continuous preparation is necessary to score in this. The years, agreements, names of rulers, leaders etc.
Can Aspirants Crack CTET in very First Attempt?
Is it possible to crack CTET in the first attempt? This is a common question that comes into the mind of every aspirant. The CTET exam is described to be easy to moderate, with moderate difficulty level questions asked. That means the proper preparation for the exam surely awards you the CTET certificate. lakhs of teaching aspirants apply for this biannual exam, but only a few are succeeded. That doesn’t mean, you cannot achieve. Make a proper timetable, and follow the same, as per schedule. Cut your social media and other hangouts, and focus on the examination. Calculate the time available, portion to be covered, your weak and string portions, and set a plan. Stick on this plan, surely you will succeed. And, also, remember not to stuck on a portion that you cant learn, also on the question that you cant answer!
CTET Exam Preparation Tips – Important Links
Aspirants who strive for a teaching job should have to clear CTET or any state-wise TET examinations. The CTET is compulsory for CBSE schools and central government school jobs. The exam is always rated as easy to moderate as discussed but needs quite hard work to crack. Hope the following strategies and tips will surely help aspirants to cover the entire syllabus and crack the examination.
|CTET Exam Information Links|
|CTET Notification||CTET Mock Test|
|CTET Syllabus||CTET Video Course|
|CTET Exam date||CTET Study Materials|
|CTET Application Form||CTET Interview Questions|
|CTET Vacancy||CTET Job Profile|
|CTET Admit Card||CTET Salary|
|CTET Study Plan||CTET Answer key|
|CTET Previous Question Papers||CTET Result|
|CTET Best Books||CTET Cutoff|
|CTET Eligibility Criteria||CTET Exam Analysis|
|CTET Selection Process|