Canara Bank is expected to release the notification for the post of Probationary Officers(PO) in the upcoming months. Every year, Canara bank release notification for 500+ vacancies. Last recruitment process ended in 2019 and the notification for 2021 is expected soon. The selection process includes a PGDBF course including 9 months theory and 3 months training in any of the Canara Bank branches across India. In this article, we are discussing the detailed Canara Bank PO salary 2021.
Canara Bank PO Career Growth
A newly recruited candidate as a Probationary Officer will have a career growth as follows.
- Scale I: Officer /Probationary Officer
- Scale II: Manager
- Scale III: Senior Manager
- Scale IV: Chief Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- Deputy General Manager
- General Manager
- Executive Director (ED)
- Chairman and Managing Director (CMD)
Canara Bank PO Salary Details 2021
|DA (Dearness Allowance)||10163.63|
|HRA (House Rent Allowance)||2133.00/-|
|CCA( City Compensatory Allowance)||870/-|
|HRA||7-8% of Basic Pay|
|DA||DA is given to the employees as a percentage of their basic salary. Revised every three months based on the All India Consumer Price Index|
|Special Allowance||7.75% of Basic Pay|
|Compensatory Allowance||0%, 3%, or 4% based on city of posting|
A candidate selected as Probationary Officer in Canara Bank is bound to have special allowances apart from the basic pay. Some of them are,
- Mobile Bill
- Furniture Maintenance
- Medical Allowances
- Petrol Allowances
- Metro City – 45 liters
- Urban – 40 liters
- Semi Urban – 35 liters
- Rural – 30 liters
House Rent Allowances
- Tier 1 -21,000/-
- Tier 2 – 18,000/-
- Tier 3 – 10,000/-
- Tier 4 – 6000/-
Probationary Officer Job Profile
- Customer Handling : POs work as a public relations officer. The most important job of Po is to handle the services and grievances of the customers including services relating to accounts, ATMs, Debit cards etc.
- Supervision : POs are supposed to supervise the overall working of the bank including the clerical jobs, transactions in the branch. They are also responsible for various banking activities like accounting, finance etc.
- Business flourishing : They are responsible for increasing the number of business in the branch by contacting public. They are supposed to take decisions for the benefit of the bank.
- PO s are assigned with the task of issuing ATM cards, cheque books, Demand drafts etc.
- The PO should also be aware of the latest decisions taken by the bank management.
- The responsibility of handling the digital transactions in the bank is also assigned with a Probationary Officer.
Entri app provides you with best practice questions for the complete preparation of banking and insurance exams. For the completion preparation, download the Entri app and start preparing. You can also subscribe to our Youtube channel avail the free videos with high quality. For more details, download the Entri app and start studying.