Canara Bank Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade Scale-I notification is to release. The banking aspirants can start the preparation for the PO exam 2021. Here in this article find the list of Canara Bank PO Study Material 2021 along with preparation tips. Understanding the exam pattern and knowing the topic-wise subject syllabus will help to cover all topics.
Canara Bank PO Study Material 2021
PO Exam Pattern 2021
Phase I online objective test will be conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS), Mumbai. The test comprises four subjects-Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, and General Awareness. The question paper will have a total of 200 questions. The test carries a total of 200 marks. There will be negative marks(1/3rd) for wrong answers.
The candidates who qualify equally to or above the section-wise and overall cut-off score in the first stage will only be eligible to appear for the second phase – Group Discussion and Personal Interview round.
Exam Pattern Overview
- Mode of exam: Online
- Total number of questions: 200
- Total marks: 200
- Medium of question paper: English and Hindi
- Duration of test: 2 hours
|Subjects||No of questions||Maximum marks||Time Duration|
|English Language||50||50||120 minutes|
Group Discussion and Interview
The total marks allotted for Group Discussion and Personal Interview are 50.
The weightage is given to online test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview for final selection are 50:20:30, respectively. Candidates are selected for admission to Canara Bank PGDBF based on the overall performance of the candidates in the online test, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview.
List of Study Material for Canara Bank PO
- Essential Grammar in Use Raymond Murphy
- Comprehensive Guide to IBPS Bank PO Preliminary and Main Exam – Disha Experts
- Bank PO English language chapter wise solved papers – Kiran
- Word Power Made Easy by Normal Lewis
- English Grammar & Composition by Wren and Martin
- Objective General English by S.P Bakshi
- Bank PO English Language Chapter-wise solved papers – Arihant
- English Grammar and Composition by S.C Gupta
- A Modern Approach to verbal and non – verbal Reasoning- R.S. Aggarwal
- Kiran’s Tricky Approach to Competitive Reasoning verbal and non – verbal (fully solved)- Kiran
- Bank PO Reasoning- Arihant Experts
- Topic-wise solved papers for IBPS / SBI Bank PO / Clerk prelims and mains- Disha experts
- Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal
- Analytical Reasoning (BSC publication) by M K Pandey
- Reasoning Book for Competitive Exams by Pearson
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R S Aggarwal
- Magical Book on Quicker Maths by M Tyra
- Quantum CAT by Sarvesh K Varma
- Bank PO Quantitative Aptitude chapter wise solved papers Arihant Experts
- Fast track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT Exams by Arun Sharma
Includes Banking Awareness, Current Affairs, Economic Growth, Static GK, History, Financial Institutions
- General Knowledge Manohar Pandey
- Banking Awareness N K Gupta
- Banking Awareness (Banking Aptitude Test) (Bank PO/Officer’s Exam) by Ramesh Publishing House
- Kiran’s SSC General Awareness chapter wise and Type wise solved papers Kiran Prakashan
- General Knowledge Capsule with Current Affairs Update Disha Experts
- General Knowledge and Awareness for Bank YPS
Along with these books, candidates can access online platforms for the preparations based on online classes, practicing previous question papers and mock tests.
Canara Bank PO Preparation Tips 2021
The foremost preparation tip is just Practice, Practice, and Practice questions regularly based on the syllabus. Fix schedules for preparations. And, attempt Mock tests based on each topic and also the subject wise. Improve your speed and accuracy which will reflect in the sectional and overall score.
- Focus on easy topics like simplifications, percentages, quadratic equations, also choose the topics of your own interest.
- Try to memorize various equations on different topics. Moreover, learn shortcuts for saving time!
- Identify the strong topics and focus more on them.
- Focus more on puzzles of various types, syllogism, critical thinking questions. Also, practice the comparatively easy sections like series, blood relations, coding-decoding, distance and directions, blood relations, etc.
- Always try to write/ draw flowcharts other than doing in mind. Be accurate with your answers- a negative mark will cost 0.25 marks!
- Follow up Grammar part to score in areas like cloze test, spotting the error, sentence rearrangement.
- Develop reading habits to get more reading skills for reading comprehension, word substitutions.
- Newspaper reading- The Hindu- will really help to improve your vocab!
- Follow reading newspaper for English language and General Awareness!
- Also, can go through Static GK/ Current Affairs quizzes & notes available on online platforms, yearbooks of various publications like Manorama.
- Important Dates and Days- of past and next 3-4 months of exam date.
Entri will provide you the complete subject-wise classes covering all the topics related to the Banking PO Exam 2021. Free online tutorials for important topics taken by the excellent faculties. Candidates can refer to the videos for preparation thereby improve the speed and accuracy while solving the question paper. Also, get previous question papers with explanations. Practice the latest mock tests both section-wise and full-length based on the syllabus.