Canara Bank is expected to release the notification for the post of Probationary Officer (PO) in the upcoming months. Every year, Canara bank released notifications for 500+ vacancies. The last recruitment process ended in 2021 and the notification for 2022 is expected soon. The selection process includes a PGDBF course including 9 months theory and 3 months training in any of the Canara Bank branches across India. In this article, we are discussing the detailed Canara Bank Exam syllabus and Canara Bank PO exam pattern so that the candidates who are preparing for the examination can me their exam preparation strategic nad result-oriented accordingly.
Download Entri App! Stat your Canara Bank PO exam preparations now!
Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern 2022
The Canara Bank PO recruitment will be done through Two Phases.
- The first phase will be an online objective test and the second stage will be a group discussion and interview.
- The online objective test will be conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS), Mumbai. The test comprises four subjects, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and General Awareness. The question paper will have a total of 200 questions. The test carries a total of 200 marks. There will be negative marks for wrong answers.
- The candidates who qualify equally to or above the section-wise and overall cut-off score in the first stage will only be eligible to appear for the second phase which will be the Group Discussion and Personal Interview round.
Download Entri App! Start your Canara Bank PO exam preparation now!
Online Exam Pattern
|Subjects||No of questions||Maximum marks||Time Duration|
|English Language||50||50||120 minutes|
Group Discussion and Interview
Depending on the number of vacancies, candidates in the ratio of 1:3 will be called for Group Discussion and interviews.
The total marks allotted for Group Discussion and Personal Interview are 50. The minimum qualifying marks for the test are as follows:
- For General Candidates: 40%
- For SC / ST/ OBC / PWBD candidates: 35%
Click here to download Canara Bank PO capsule!
The weightage is given to online test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview for final selection are 50:20:30, respectively. Candidates are selected for admission to Canara Bank PGDBF based on the overall performance of the candidates in the online test, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview.
Canara Bank PO Result will be released online after each phase of selection. Candidates can access their results either through the login or it will be available in PDF format.
Canara Bank PO Syllabus 2022
The given below are the detailed syllabus that the candidates can follow for the Canara Bank PO examination 2022.
|Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning Ability||English Language||General/Financial Awareness|
Canara Bank PO: Best Books for Preparation
- Word Power Made Easy by Normal Lewis
- English Grammar & Composition by Wren and Martin
- Objective General English by S.P Bakshi
- English Grammar and Composition by S.C Gupta
Practice Weekly Vocabulary Notes!
- Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal
- Analytical Reasoning (BSC publication) by M K Pandey
- Reasoning Book for Competitive Exams by Pearson
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R S Aggarwal
- Magical Book on Quicker Maths by M Tyra
- Quantum CAT by Sarvesh K Varma
- Fast track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT Exams by Arun Sharma
Canara Bank PO Important Event Dates 2022
|Application Start Date||To be announced|
|Application End Date||To be announced|
|Online Examination||To be announced|
|Result Date||To be announced|
|Group Discussion & Personal Interview||To be announced|
|Final Result||To be announced|
Click here for more Gneeral Awarness for Canara Bank PO 2022!
Canara Bank PO Eligibility Criteria 2022
The eligibility criteria are the minimum criteria required by the candidate to apply for the PO posts like Nationality, Age Limit, Educational Qualification. Candidates having the required eligibility can only apply for the Canara Bank PO. Check the eligibility criteria for Probationary Officer.
Candidates should have a minimum age of 20 years and a maximum age of 30 years. Candidates belonging to the reserved categories can apply for relaxation within the upper age limit.
Check the prescribed age relaxation depending upon the category they belong to.
|SI.NO||Category||Age Relaxation Availed|
|1||Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe candidates||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates||3 years|
|3||Ex-servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalided||5 years|
|4||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
Click here to Practice Bank Questions!
A Degree (Graduation) with a minimum of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PWBD) or equivalent grade, in any discipline from a University recognized by the Government of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
Knowledge of Computers
Candidates must have both operating and working knowledge of computers. Candidates who do not have the same should do the same within 6 months from the date of joining the bank.
Knowledge of Hindi
Candidates must know the speak and write in Hindi.
- Candidates must be a citizen of India or
- Citizen of Nepal or Bhutan or
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of settling in India
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries like Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia & Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Candidates from these countries must make sure that the Indian Government has issued them an eligibility certificate.
Click here to know more about the Canara Bank recruitment PO 2022!
Entri app provides you with best practice questions for the complete preparation of banking exams. For the completion preparation, download the Entri app and start preparing. You can also subscribe to our Youtube channel avail the free videos with high quality. Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Start your preparations for your dream government job with Entri App. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations. For more details, download the Entri app and start studying.
Discussion about this post