Table of Contents
Every year, over tens and lakhs of aspirants, apply for banking jobs. People go behind the post of Probationary Officer like gold dust. It is one of the most sought after posts in the banking sector. The Institute of Banking Selection (IBPS) administers the recruitment to public sector banks, including Canara Bank. This article focuses mainly on how to prepare for the Canara Bank PO exam.
The Canara Bank PO recruitment exam comprises four sections, namely, general awareness, quantitative aptitude, reasoning and English language. Canara Bank PO recruitment fills hundreds of vacancies. Candidates, over 1 lakh, apply for Canara Bank PO vacancies. Thus, having a first-rate preparation strategy for Canara Bank PO is essential. This article will aid you with the subject-wise preparation plan and strategy for the Canara Bank PO exam. Here in this article are the more details regarding the Canara Bank PO exam preparation 2022
Canara Bank PO Main Topics to Cover 2022
The expected syllabus that is going to be tested in the first state of the online objective examination is given below. All the aspirants who wish to apply for the Canara Bank PO recruitment must be aware of the syllabus. There will be various topics asked from the subjects such as Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, General English, and General Awareness. The elaborated list of expected topics is given below.
Alphanumeric Series/Number Series/Alphabet Series
Images and Figure Countings
-Ratio & Proportion
-Profit & Loss
-Speed Distance & Time
-Time & Work
-Fill in the Blanks
-Phase Idiom Meaning
-One Word Substitution
Canara Bank PO Exam Preparation Books 2022
Canara Bank PO examination is one of the most sought-after and awaited banking examinations in the country. Candidates from various parts of the country appear for this examination every year. The given below are some of the most important study materials that the candidates can follow for the Canara Bank PO exam preparation 2022.
Canara Bank PO Books
- Essential Grammar in Use Raymond Murphy
- Comprehensive Guide to IBPS Bank PO Preliminary and Main Exam – Disha Experts
- Bank PO English language chapter wise solved papers – Kiran
- Word Power Made Easy by Normal Lewis
- English Grammar & Composition by Wren and Martin
- Objective General English by S.P Bakshi
- Bank PO English Language Chapter-wise solved papers – Arihant
- English Grammar and Composition by S.C Gupta
- A Modern Approach to verbal and non – verbal Reasoning- R.S. Aggarwal
- Kiran’s Tricky Approach to Competitive Reasoning verbal and non – verbal (fully solved)- Kiran
- Bank PO Reasoning- Arihant Experts
- Topic-wise solved papers for IBPS / SBI Bank PO / Clerk prelims and mains- Disha experts
- Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal
- Analytical Reasoning (BSC publication) by M K Pandey
- Reasoning Book for Competitive Exams by Pearson
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R S Aggarwal
- Magical Book on Quicker Maths by M Tyra
- Quantum CAT by Sarvesh K Varma
- Bank PO Quantitative Aptitude chapter wise solved papers Arihant Experts
- Fast track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT Exams by Arun Sharma
Includes Banking Awareness, Current Affairs, Economic Growth, Static GK, History, Financial Institutions
- General Knowledge Manohar Pandey
- Banking Awareness N K Gupta
- Banking Awareness (Banking Aptitude Test) (Bank PO/Officer’s Exam) by Ramesh Publishing House
- Kiran’s SSC General Awareness chapter wise and Type wise solved papers Kiran Prakashan
- General Knowledge Capsule with Current Affairs Update Disha Experts
- General Knowledge and Awareness for Bank YPS
Along with these books, candidates can access online platforms for the preparations based on online classes, practicing previous question papers and mock tests.
Canara Bank PO Preparation Tips
Before anything else, preparation is the key to success. We all are seeking success, and preparation is the core to attain it. Before starting your preparation, make sure you have all the study materials, study plan, reference materials etc ready with you. Read on for more details on how to prepare for Canara Bank PO exam, the Canara Bank preparation strategy and Canara Bank PO preparation tips and tricks. The preparation tips for all four sections, ie Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English and General Awareness are given below.
Preparation tips for the English Language
- Build up your vocabulary by reading newspapers, books, magazines, articles etc. Learn new words and practise forming sentences with them. This will help you to score more in less time.
- Brush up the English Grammar Rules and practice worksheets or questions on the basic grammar. This process will help you solve grammar questions on Active Passive Voice, Error Correcting, Tenses, Reported Speech etc.
- Read till you drop. Reading on a daily basis will help you to read faster and more precisely. So, reading passages becomes easy.
- Learn quite a few synonyms, antonyms, one-word substitutions etc. Also, attempt reading comprehensions, cloze tests etc as these are the topics which carry weightage in the English exam.
Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude
Problem-solving skills and mathematical knowledge comes under this section. You must be well versed in your basic mathematics to conquer this section. There are two parts to this exam; one is formula-based and the other requires both formula and analytical skills.
- Learn the formulas and equations thoroughly. This can be done by memorizing the formulas on a daily basis. If well learnt, you can save time by solving the direct formula based questions first.
- Understand the theories on Time, Speed and Distance, Permutations and Combinations, Probability etc, as these questions are time-consuming and tricky.
- Number series, percentages, data interpretation, Simplification etc are the most asked topics. So, work and practice questions related to these topics and save time.
- Refer to solved sample questions and get an idea of the methods used therein. Practice the questions in a similar way and speed up your solving skill.
Preparation Tips for Reasoning
This section tests your decision-making skills. Reasoning ability and analytical thinking is a part of this section. Attaining these skills requires a lot of hard work and practice.
- Non-descriptive topics like Blood Relation, Analogy, Distance and Directions, Classification etc are frequently asked questions
- Puzzles, Coding-Decoding, Syllogism, Seating Arrangement are the next set of questions that are asked, which are comparatively difficult. For questions like these, make your theoretical concepts clear, read and understand the basic data and pay attention to the variables involved. Also, go through previous years’ questions and understand the steps involved. Cracking this type of questions requires a lot of brainstorming and practice.
- Work on paper instead of verbally. Using diagrams and flow charts for solving is an analytical approach to solving the problems.
- Critical thinking and visualizing is key when it comes to solving the reasoning section. So, practice solving different types of problems with varying hardness level.
Preparation Tips for General Awareness
You need to be aware of the current affairs and keep track of the daily news across the globe, to score well in this section. This section is vast like the ocean, but it’s easy to score maximum marks if prepared smartly and effectively. Since this is a banking exam, you need to focus more on the current affairs which are directly or indirectly connected to the Banking, Finance and Economic aspects.
This section has three different types of questions Current Affairs. Static GK and Banking Awareness.
- For current affairs, you have to keep yourself updated on the happenings of the world. Go through the current affairs by reading newspapers and watching the news of the past six months.
- The static GK is the questions that don’t change. Refer to the previous question papers and sort out the frequently asked questions and topics.
- Banking Awareness requires both static and current affair knowledge related to the branches of banking.
Canara Bank PO Preparation Strategy
As you have already gone through the subject wise preparations, there is yet another powerful strategy to be followed. These tips will give you an insight into how you can prepare with ease and confidence. The Canara Bank PO examination is one of the most-awaited and sought banking-related examinations that is happening in the country. There are candidates from various parts of the country who are appearing for this examination. So the exam preparations for the Canara bank PO examination must be strategic and result-oriented. the given below are some of the preparation tips that the candidates can follow for the Canara Bank PO exam preparation 2022.
- Study Plan– A well-planned study routine will ensure you get the desired and deserved output.
- Stick to the Syllabus– Just focus on the syllabus that’s mentioned on the official website. Don’t go looking for extras.
- Manage your Time– Well planned is half done. So keep track of your time and manage it efficiently.
- Practice Mock Tests– Mock tests will level up your confidence and boost your study goals. Click here for attempting Mock Tests.
- Study Notes – Make your own study notes as this will help you in revision and last-minute preparations.
- Stay Healthy – A lot of preparations requires a lot of strength and well being. Eat healthily and stay hydrated along the way.
- Rest and Sleep – Give your body the rest it needs as it will make you stay fit and stay focused.
- Get to Know the detailed syllabus and exam pattern: The first and foremost preparation tip is to get to know the complete syllabus and exam pattern. Candidates should be aware of the exam pattern and syllabus before beginning their exam preparation.
- Schedule a proper timetable: Planning a proper timetable can arrange priorities and, it helps your exam preparation effectively. Making time table is the key to acing the exam simply and effectively. Aspirants must devote their time to learning the topics perfectly. Candidates must have a well-planned timetable. Applicants try to stick to their study plan properly.
- Find out easy and difficult Topics: Candidates have to make a list of easy and complicated topics after they have to move through the detailed syllabus.
- Practice the topics: Practice the exam topics is the key to ace your goal. It will help you to know the topics thoroughly. Regular Practice will aid the candidates to acquire speed with efficiency.
- Revision of the Topics: The revision will help the candidates to re-learn the topics, especially the most challenging subjects. It will improve the candidate’s memory power.
- Time Management: Time management is another crucial element for all insurance exams. So, practice as much as possible. This would enhance the speed of attempting questions in the exam paper. It helps you to score high marks.
- Remain Updated Yourself: The aspirants should keep themselves engaged with the magazines related to the insurance industry. Candidates must improve their General Awareness. They have to update themselves with day-to-day insurance topics.
- Mock Tests – are the best way to analyze your preparation level. It assists in time management as well as in handling exam pressure during the actual exam. Mock tests improve your accuracy and help you maintain speed. By taking mock tests you can easily assess which sections you need to revise better and improve your chance of obtaining higher grades. Aspirants can do the SWOT(Strength Weakness Opportunity Threat) analysis when they finish taking the mock and can work upon bettering themselves.
- Practice Makes a Man Perfect – As the old proverb says, ‘Practice makes a man perfect, it is best to practice as much as you can. To score good results in the actual exam, daily practice is required. Practice concepts of each and every section. You can take two sections to practice in a day like Reasoning and English on a day, while Quantitative Aptitude on the next day followed by a mock test which you can be taken on a daily basis.
- Identify Your Weaker Sections and Work on That: Since most of the topics are based on a basic, high school syllabus that has been studied earlier, you can identify the topics you are strong and weak respectively as you go through the syllabus. Identify your weaker spots and start focusing on them more so that good marks can be scored.
- Be Clear With The Concepts: Brush up on the fundamentals of every subject. This is very important for topics which have mathematical as well as scientific formulas.
- Memorize The Formulas & Scientific Concepts: For the Arithmetic section, you need to remember a lot of formulas. Practice and memorize them by heart every time you have understood the concepts. The formulas can be made through in your mind with proper practice and strategic preparation. Also, the scientific concepts must be thorough with all candidates who wish to score a good rank as this is recruitment for technical posts.
All the information regarding the preparations for the Canara Bank PO has been given. Now it is up to you to make good utilisation of it and prepare. Solve previous years question papers and attempt mock tests to test yourself.
Canara Bank PO Mock Test 2022
The Canara Bank PO examination is one of the most awaited baking examinations in the country this year. It is very important that the candidates make the exam preparation strategic and result-oriented. There are many preparation strategies that the candidates can adopt for this. Attempting the maximum number of mock tests is one way of achieving expertise in the subject and the details regarding the examination. Attempting the mock tests will give the candidates insights regarding the type of questions asked, the main topics from which the questions are asked, the difficulty level of the questions that can be anticipated, and the repeatedly asked questions. The given below are the Canara Bank PO mock test free that the candidates can use as part of their exam preparation.
Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern
The online objective test of the Canara Bank PO 2021-22 will have an equal number of questions from subjects such as Reasoning, Aptitude, General English and General Awareness. A total of 200 questions of 1 mark each, where 50 questions come from each section of reasoning, quants, English and general awareness. The details of the Canara Bank PO exam pattern are given below.
|Medium of exam
|No. of Questions
Please note there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for wrong questions. All the qualified candidates in the online objective examination will have to appear for the group discussion and personal interview round. All the other subjects will be bilingual (Both in English and Hindi), except for the English language. The cut-off marks for each subject and the overall cut-off score will be decided by the bank. Candidates must clear the cut-off scores of both sectional and overall exam, in order to appear for the next stage of the selection process.