Canara Bank PO Job Profile – Canara Bank conducts recruitment to the post of Probationary Officers in Junior Management Grade Scale-I. Successful candidates need to complete Post Graduate Diploma in Banking & Finance (PGDBF) course either through Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd or through NITTE Education International Pvt Ltd.
Every bank, has a determined career progression. Likewise, an Canara Bank PO has a tremendous scope for career development. The career advancement as a PO is swift. A Probationary officer(PO) is the first level appointment for a bank personnel, and is responsible for various Administrative Activities. A PO can get a promotion in 3-5 years, depending on the talent, potential and vacancies that the bank might be having.
Canara Bank PO Job Profile
Roles and Responsibilities
- Multitasker: PO work includes all managerial tasks, such as supervision of clerical work, making decisions for the benefit of the bank, managing cash balance etc. They work in multiple segments of the bank operations.
- Customer services: Foremost work of any of officer in the bank is the handling customer and providing a solution to their queries. It can be related to any of banking service like document requirement, account statement, issuing cheque books, ATM cards, DD; and opening new accounts etc.
- Supervising as well as handling clerical jobs: All the clerical work is done under the supervision of PO. After clerk, PO is the second person who handles cash transactions. During heavy stride, they manage all types of depositing and withdrawal cash. PO authorizes all the transactions made by the clerk.
- Business Creation– It includes activities like promoting banking products, New Account opening, selling Insurance, loans, etc. depending upon bank policies. Promoting various products and services of the bank and its partners such as fixed deposits, mutual funds, insurance policies etc enhances the business.
- Clearance of payment– PO must manage all clearance system of payments for Inward clearing and outward clearing.
- ATM Related Queries –Sometimes, you will be assigned to ATM-based queries .i.e , like LOST ATM Application, block ATM card online, New ATM request, ATM pin no. the request, and other similar issues.
- Other responsibilities: Once PO is adjusted with the bank environment and gain enough experience on banking work procedures, they can be authorized more responsible work like planning, loan processing and approval budgeting, marketing, investment management etc.
A person needs to follow all the above-mentioned responsibilities effectively and efficiently to maintain the position of PO. The career growth of a bank PO is very high compared to other government jobs. You can attain high-level banking posts based on your skills and performances.
Canara Bank PO Salary 2021
Salary, Perks and Allowances
Candidate can get the details about per Month Salary and Allowances at the time of joining for Canara PO given below:
|Pay Scale||Metro Cities||State / Capitals||District level & Rural Places|
|CCA (City Compensatory Allowance)||Rs.870||Rs.600||Nil|
|HRA (House Rent Allowance)||Rs.2133||Rs.1896||Rs.1659|
|DDA (Dearness Allowance)||Rs.12206.69||Rs.12206.69||Rs.12206.69|
Selected candidates can expect the in-hand salary in the range of Rs.36,000 – 38,000.
The above-mentioned salary structure is applicable after the successful completion of the 1-year PGD program.
- Bank will reimburse the total course fees to the successful candidates by way of Loyalty Bonus, in a deferred payment in equal annual installments, starting from the end of the 5th year up to the end of the 10th year of joining the Bank subject to continuation of service in the Bank.
Additional Perks for a Probationary Officer
- Leased Accommodation: This facility is available in place of HRA. Sometimes, banks provide Official Bank Accommodation/Bank Quarter as leased accommodation.
- Medical Aid: A fixed annual amount is paid by most of the banks.
- Traveling Allowance: Bank provide fixed Traveling Allowance whereas others allow reimbursement of petrol bills.
- Newspaper Reimbursement: A fixed amount is paid towards the cost of one newspaper to the PO on a monthly basis.
- Benefits under New Pension Scheme.
Canara Bank PO Career Growth
With hard work, candidates joining as PO can reach to a level of Chairman and Managing Director (CMD). The career growth of Canara Bank PO is given below:
- Scale I: Officer i.e. PO
- Scale II : Manager
- Scale III: Senior Manager
- Scale IV: Chief Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- Deputy General Manager
- General Manager
- Executive Director (ED)
- Chairman and Managing Director (CMD)
After Grade Scale VII, the position of Executive director as well as Chairman and Managing Director are allocated by the Government of India. A few selected individuals can also be selected as a Deputy Governor of RBI as one post is assigned to a commercial banker. Thus, an Canara Bank PO has an incredible and lucrative career progression.