Table of Contents
Canara Bank conducts recruitment for the post of Probationary Officers in Junior Management Grade Scale-I. Successful candidates need to complete Post Graduate Diploma in Banking & Finance (PGDBF) course either through Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd or through NITTE Education International Pvt Ltd. Every bank has a determined career progression. Likewise, an Canara Bank PO has tremendous scope for career development. The career advancement as a PO is swift. A Probationary Officer(PO) is the first level appointment for bank personnel and is responsible for various Administrative Activities. A PO can get a promotion in 3-5 years, depending on the talent, potential, and vacancies that the bank might be having. The Canara Bank PO examination is one of the best opportunities for banking job aspirants to land a good banking position. Here in this article are the details that are associated with the Canara Bank PO job profile and Canara Bank PO life.
Canara Bank PO Job Profile
Canara Bank PO is one of the most anticipated and sought-after banking examinations in the country. there are candidates from various parts of the country who are appearing for this examination every year. Also, this is one of the best opportunities for candidates to land a good banking position. As a probationary officer at the Canara bank, candidates need to full fill certain job roles and responsibilities. Let’s take a look into some of the main roles and responsibilities for the Canara Bank PO as they qualifiy for the post after the examination.
Canara Bank PO Roles and Responsibilities
The given below are some of the roles and responsibilities that the candidates who are joining the post of Canara Bank PO have to take care of.
- Multitasker: PO work includes all managerial tasks, such as supervision of clerical work, making decisions for the benefit of the bank, managing cash balance etc. They work in multiple segments of the bank operations.
- Customer services: Foremost work of any of officer in the bank is the handling customer and providing a solution to their queries. It can be related to any of banking service like document requirement, account statement, issuing cheque books, ATM cards, DD; and opening new accounts etc.
- Supervising as well as handling clerical jobs: All the clerical work is done under the supervision of PO. After clerk, PO is the second person who handles cash transactions. During heavy stride, they manage all types of depositing and withdrawal cash. PO authorizes all the transactions made by the clerk.
- Business Creation– It includes activities like promoting banking products, New Account opening, selling Insurance, loans, etc. depending upon bank policies. Promoting various products and services of the bank and its partners such as fixed deposits, mutual funds, insurance policies etc enhances the business.
- Clearance of payment– PO must manage all clearance system of payments for Inward clearing and outward clearing.
- ATM Related Queries –Sometimes, you will be assigned to ATM-based queries .i.e , like LOST ATM Application, block ATM card online, New ATM request, ATM pin no. the request, and other similar issues.
- Other responsibilities: Once PO is adjusted with the bank environment and gain enough experience on banking work procedures, they can be authorized more responsible work like planning, loan processing and approval budgeting, marketing, investment management etc.
A person needs to follow all the above-mentioned responsibilities effectively and efficiently to maintain the position of PO. The career growth of a bank PO is very high compared to other government jobs. You can attain high-level banking posts based on your skills and performances.
Canara Bank PO Career Growth
With hard work, candidates joining as PO can reach to a level of Chairman and Managing Director (CMD). The career growth of Canara Bank PO is given below:
- Scale I: Officer i.e. PO
- Scale II : Manager
- Scale III: Senior Manager
- Scale IV: Chief Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- Deputy General Manager
- General Manager
- Executive Director (ED)
- Chairman and Managing Director (CMD)
After Grade Scale VII, the position of Executive director, as well as Chairman and Managing Director, are allocated by the Government of India. A few selected individuals can also be selected as a Deputy Governor of RBI as one post is assigned to a commercial banker. Thus, an Canara Bank PO has an incredible and lucrative career progression.
Canara Bank PO Salary 2022
Canara Bank PO In Hand salary 2022
Canara Bank PO is one of the best banking positions to which that candidate can join if they are aspiring for a bank job. Candidate can get the details about per Month Salary and Allowances at the time of joining for Canara PO given below:
|State / Capitals
|District level & Rural Places
|CCA (City Compensatory Allowance)
|HRA (House Rent Allowance)
|DDA (Dearness Allowance)
Selected candidates can expect the in-hand salary in the range of Rs.36,000 – 38,000.
The above-mentioned salary structure is applicable after the successful completion of the 1-year PGD program.
- Bank will reimburse the total course fees to the successful candidates by way of Loyalty Bonus, in a deferred payment in equal annual installments, starting from the end of the 5th year up to the end of the 10th year of joining the Bank subject to continuation of service in the Bank.
Canara Bank PO Salary Slip 2022
Salary Slip is one of the most important documents that the candidates will receive along with the monthly salary from the employer. This salary slip is a valid document that showed thee employment status of the candidates along with their salary and its break down. Analysing the salary slip will help the candidates to understand regarding the salary decision and also this document can be used as a proof for the employment and the income tax returns.
Additional Perks for a Probationary Officer
- Leased Accommodation: This facility is available in place of HRA. Sometimes, banks provide Official Bank Accommodation/Bank Quarter as leased accommodation.
- Medical Aid: A fixed annual amount is paid by most banks.
- Traveling Allowance: Banks provides fixed Traveling Allowance whereas others allow reimbursement of petrol bills.
- Newspaper Reimbursement: A fixed amount is paid towards the cost of one newspaper to the PO on a monthly basis.
- Benefits under New Pension Scheme.
Canara Bank PO Selection Process 2022
Apart from the common written examination conducted by the IBPS for the selection process, one can choose to appear for the entrance tests conducted by the bank and joins their PG Diploma program. The bank will then hires successful candidates from this program for their service. Bank has tie-up with two institutions to conduct the one-year training course and they are:
- NITTE Education International Pvt Ltd., Greater Noida
- Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd., Bengaluru
Both of the institutes are recognized by UGC.
The exam pattern for the entrance test for the Canara Bank PO recruitment through the Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) programme is:
|English & Hindi
|English & Hindi
|English & Hindi
Canara Bank PO Exam Centers
The recruitment examination to the Canara Bank PO position is done as various stages and the given below are examination centres across the country where the online examination for the recruitment take place across the country.
|Andaman and Nicobar
|Chirala, Chittoor, Eluru, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Ongole, Rajahmundry, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram
|Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar, Tezpur
|Arrah, Aurangabad (Bihar), Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea
|Bhilai Nagar, Ballarpur, Raipur
|Delhi and New Delhi
|Ahmedabad, Annand, Gandhinagar, Ahmednagar, Jamnagar, Mehran, Rajkot, Seurat, Vadodara
|Ambala, Faridabad, Gurugram, Hisar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Yamuna Nagar
|Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Solan, Una
|Bokaro steel city, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Ranchi
|Jammu and Kashmir
|Jammu, Samba, Srinagar
|Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thiruvananthapuram, Trissur
|Bengaluru, Belgaum, Bidar, Dharwad, Gulbarga, Hassan, Hubli, Mandya, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udupi
|Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar, Ujjain
|Amravati, Aurangabad (Maharashtra), Chandrapur, Dhule, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Pune, Ratnagiri, Solapur
|Balasore, Berhampur (Ganjam), Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Rourkanal, Sambalpur
|Amritsar, Bhatinda, Fatehgarh sahib, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala, Sangrur
|Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur
|Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Warangal
|Chennai, Coimbatore, Erode, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem, Thanjavur, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Vellore, Virudhunagar
|Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee
|Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Banda, Bareilly, Faizabad, Ghaziabad, Gonda, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Noida/ Greater Noida, Sitapur, Varanasi
|Asansol, Durgapur, Greater Kolkata, Hooghly, Kalyani, Siliguri
Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Start your preparations for your dream government job with Entri App. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.