Canara Bank, one of the leading and largest government banks, conducts the Probationary Officer recruitment to select eligible candidates for the post, across the country. The examination process consists mainly of a prelims exam, mains exam and a final interview round. The candidates who have cleared the written examinations will be called for an interview and further recruitment processes will take place. Here, this article will provide you with the details regarding Canara Bank PO interview questions.
Interviews play a key role in any banking exam and it is a hurdle that you need to cross to reach the merit list. Interviews are usually a nightmare for most of us but fret not as this is a stop through which you have to pass to reach your ultimate destination or goal. Moreover, interviews are a cakewalk if followed with a perfect strategy. Read on for a great strategic approach to tackle the interview.
Canara Bank PO Interview Questions 2021
Interviews are the final round of a recruitment or selection process in any of the competitive examinations. The candidates who have qualified for the examination will be called for an interview with a board of members.
What is the Canara Bank PO Recruitment?
Canara Bank PO recruitment is conducted to select candidates for the post of Probationary Officers in Junior Grade Scale I after successful completion of the specially designed Post Graduate Diploma in Banking & Finance (PGDBF) course. Canara Bank PGDBF is a one-year training course that candidates can join. There are quite a number of institutions that offer this course.
The admission of the candidates to the course is selected through an online objective test followed by Group Discussion (GD) and a Personal Interview. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) takes the responsibility of conducting the online test, whereas the other selection processes are conducted by Canara Bank. Besides, Canara Bank also recruits candidates to the post of PO based on the IBPS PO exam. However, the selection process includes – prelims and mains exam followed by the interview stage.
There are certain qualities that a bank employee should possess. Given below are some of the qualities that are looked for, by the interview panel members.
- Knowledge and a general idea of the banking sector.
- Good communication skills.
- An organized mindset.
- Conceptual understanding of issues.
- Leadership and Management qualities.
- Experience and expertise in the field of banking.
- A sense of commitment and passion for the role.
- Clarity of thought.
- Accuracy and efficiency in the matter of handling money.
- A friendly personality with cooperative nature.
- An active and quick learner.
Canara Bank PO Interview Questions-The Process
The Interviews are usually done in three steps:
- Document Verification
- Group Discussion
You will be asked for your documents like education qualification certificates, ID proof (Aadhar card, driving license, etc), and other documents. It will be verified and you will be called to the next step of the interview.
A topic will be given by the panel member to all the candidates who are present. You will be given instructions about the decorum of the group discussion for around 3 minutes to prepare and jot the points. Then, when your name is called, you have to present your views on the topic for 2minutes. After everyone gives their view on the topic, the members will be given 15 minutes to have a discussion on that topic. However, after this GD gets over you will be called for the final round, ie interview.
The candidate(s) will be taken to a room and told to wait. The panel member consisting of four to five members will be seated inside. When your turn comes, you have to give a dashing performance in the interview. Read on more.
Questions Asked Frequently
What kind of questions will be asked in an interview cannot be foreseen. It varies from candidate to candidate and situation to situation. The panel of members may ask a candidate a particular question and ask another candidate something entirely different on the same day. The main thing is to be yourself and keep calm throughout the interview regime. Be confident and give creative and well-defined answers to the questions asked by the panel members.
The commonly asked questions are as follows:
- Give an introduction of yourself
- Describe your work experience (If any)
- What are the qualities of a good banker?
- Will you be able to work under stressful circumstances?
- Your interests and hobbies.
- What do you know about our bank?
- Why did you choose us?
- What is today’s headline?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Are you willing to work anywhere in India?
- Why did you choose a banking sector when there are tons of opportunities otherwise?
- Give two reasons as to why we should hire you.
- What significant trends do you see in the near future for our company?
- Do you have any questions?
These are some of the frequent, general Canara Bank PO important interview questions asked in the interview. Questions related to the banking terms also may be asked in the interview.
Pre Interview General Formalities
Before any grand show, there comes the need for preparation. Before you showcase yourself, you need to keep a few tips in mind.
- Be Punctual- Arrive at least half an hour before the prescribed time as it will give you a sense of confidence and help you relax.
- Documents- Cross check that you have all your documents (softcopy and hardcopy) with you before you leave your home.
- Calm and Confident- Avoid the last minute mug up. Have a good night’s sleep before your D-day.
- Dress Code- Make sure you are dressed for the occasion. Keep it simple and formal. Don’t dress fancily.
- Greeting- When you enter the room make sure you greet the panel members with a happy face. Your voice should carry the aura of confidence in it.
- Sitting Posture- Sit straight, maintaining a good posture. Moreover, make sure to maintain good eye contact with all the members of the panel.
- Body Language- Actions speak louder than words. Make sure you are not sitting stiff and answering. Good body language says it all.
- Conduct-Be friendly and cooperative.