Canara Bank is expected to release the notification for the post of Probationary Officer (PO) in the upcoming months. Every year, Canara bank release notification for 500+ vacancies. Last recruitment process ended in 2019 and the notification for 2022 is expected soon. The selection process includes a PGDBF course including 9 months theory and 3 months training in any of the Canara Bank branches across India. On successful completion of the course, the candidate would be posted as a Scale1/Probationary Officer. In this article, we are discussing about Canara Bank PO Exam 2022 Date. Candidates who are wishing to appear for the Canara Bank PO examination are requested to go through the complete article to get an idea regarding the examination and exam dates.
Canara Bank PO 2022 Exam Dates
The Canara Bank PO examination is one of the most anticipated and sought-after banking-related examinations that is happening in the country. There are participants from various parts of the country who are appearing for this examination. This examination is also conducted in a pan-Indian way too. It is very important that the candidates to understand regarding the Canara Bank PO 2022 Exam dates to apply and prepare for the examination accordingly.
|Notification Release||To be notified|
|Last Date to Apply Online||To be notified|
|Online Examination||To be notified|
|Result Date||To be notified|
|Group Discussion & Interview||To be notified|
|Final Result||To be notified|
Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern 2022
The Canara Bank PO recruitment will be done through Two Phases.
- The first phase will be an online objective test and the second stage will be a group discussion and interview.
- The online objective test will be conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS), Mumbai. The test comprises four subjects, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and General Awareness. The question paper will have a total of 200 questions. The test carries a total of 200 marks. There will be negative marks for wrong answers.
- The candidates who qualify equally to or above the section-wise and overall cut-off score in the first stage will only be eligible to appear for the second phase which will be the Group Discussion and Personal Interview round.
Online Exam Pattern
|Subjects||No of questions||Maximum marks||Time Duration|
|English Language||50||50||120 minutes|
Group Discussion and Interview
Depending on the number of vacancies, candidates in the ratio of 1:3 will be called for Group Discussion and interviews.
The total marks allotted for Group Discussion and Personal Interview are 50. The minimum qualifying marks for the test are as follows:
- For General Candidates: 40%
- For SC / ST/ OBC / PWBD candidates: 35%
The weightage is given to online test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview for final selection are 50:20:30, respectively. Candidates are selected for admission to Canara Bank PGDBF based on the overall performance of the candidates in the online test, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview.
Canara Bank PO Result will be released online after each phase of selection. Candidates can access their results either through the login or it will be available in PDF format.
Canara Bank PO Vacancy 2022
The official details regarding the Canara Bank Po examination will be only available as the recruitment commission publishes the Canara Bank PO notification 2022. This year it is expected to have 800+ vacancies. As the official details for the year 2022 is not yet available, here are the details regarding the vacancies that were opened during the previous year examination. In the year 2018, there were a total of 800 vacancies, check the split-up of vacancies:
|General / UR||404|
Eligibility Criteria for Canara PO 2022
The given below are the eligibility criteria that the candidates need to posses in order to appear for Canara Bank PO examination 2022.
- Minimum Age: 20yrs
- Maximum Age: 30yrs
Relaxation in upper age limit is available as per Government norms
|Category||Relaxation in Age|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|OBC( Non -creamy layer)||3 years|
|Persons With Benchmark Disability as defined under “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers(ECOs)/Short Service
Commissioned Officers(SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of
misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the
period 1-1-80 to 31-12-89
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
A Degree (Graduation) with a minimum of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PWBD) or equivalent grade, in any discipline from a University recognized by the Government of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
Knowledge of Computers
Candidates must have both operating and working knowledge of computers. Candidates who do not have the same should do the same within 6 months from the date of joining the bank.
Knowledge of Hindi
Candidates must know the speak and write in Hindi.
- Candidates must be a citizen of India or
- Citizen of Nepal or Bhutan or
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of settling in India
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries like Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia & Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Candidates from these countries must make sure that the Indian Government has issued them an eligibility certificate.
How to Apply Online for Canara Bank PO 2022?
- Visit the Official Website of Canara Bank
- Click on the “Apply Online” to apply for Canara Bank PO 2022
- Complete the application form by filling details including Name, Educational qualifications and other details.
- Upload your scanned image and signature
- Click Submit button
- Pay the application fee
- Print the application form for your future reference.
Entri app provides you with best practice questions for the complete preparation of banking exams. For the completion preparation, download the Entri app and start preparing. You can also subscribe to our Youtube channel avail the free videos with high quality. For more details, download the Entri app and start studying.
Entri app provides you with the best online learning platform for various Government examinations like State PSC, SSC, RRB, BANKING and other competitive exams.1000+ video classes on various topics handled by our expert faculties will help you clear the concept and makes you excel in the subject. We also try to clear your doubts through doubt clearing sessions. You will be provided with quality quizzes and mock tests to brush up your concepts and improve weak areas.