Table of Contents
A student preparing for the IBPS AFO Exam 2023 must be aware of the IBPS AFO Syllabus 2023 and its exam pattern. Candidates must strategize their preparation after going through a detailed IBPS AFO Syllabus 2023. The syllabus for AFO Exam has sections like English Language, Reasoning, and Quantitative Knowledge. In the main examination, candidates will also be tested on domain knowledge. The syllabus and exam pattern are a must to do well in the examination. Candidates can bookmark this page to understand the detailed IBPS AFO Syllabus 2023 along with other necessary details.
IBPS AFO 2023 -Overview
|IBPS AFO Syllabus 2023: Overview|
|Organization||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Post||Agriculture Field Officer (AFO)|
|IBPS AFO Syllabus||English Language, Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude & Professional Knowledge|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains & Interview|
IBPS AFO Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern
IBPS AFO Exam Pattern 2023: Preliminary
In the IBPS AFO Prelims exam, candidates need to solve 150 questions, with a sectional time limit of 120 minutes. Here we have provided the IBPS AFO Prelims exam pattern 2023 in the given below table.
|IBPS AFO Exam Pattern 2023: Preliminary Examination|
|Sr no||Name of test||No of questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of exam||Duration|
|1||English Language||50||25||English||40 minutes|
|2||Reasoning Ability||50||50||English and Hindi||40 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||English and Hindi||40 minutes|
IBPS AFO Exam Pattern 2023: Mains
In the IBPS AFO Mains Exam, candidates will need to solve a total number of 60 questions with the time duration of 45 minutes. Candidates can check the IBPS AFO Exam Pattern 2023 for the main examination in the given table below.
|IBPS AFO Exam Pattern 2023: Mains Examination|
|Name of the Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|Professional Knowledge||60||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
IBPS AFO Syllabus 2023
- Seating Arrangements
- Data Sufficiency
- Blood Relations
- Order and Ranking
- Alphanumeric Series
- Distance and Direction
- Verbal Reasoning
- Cloze Test
- Reading Comprehension
- Spotting Errors
- Sentence Improvement
- Sentence Correction
- Para Jumbles
- Fill in the Blanks
- Para/Sentence Completion
- Column Based
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Word Swap
- Sentence Based Error
- Spelling Errors
- Number Series (Missing and Wrong)
- Data Interpretation and Caselet
- Simplification and Approximation
- Quadratic Equation and Quantity Comparison
- Data Sufficiency (Two statements)
- Mensuration (2D and 3D)
- Average, Percentage, Age, Profit & Loss and Discount, Ratio and Proportion, Mixture and Alligation, Number system
- Time and Work, Time work and wage, Pipe, and Cistern
- Time and Distance, Boat and stream, Train
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Permutation and Combination
In order to pass the IBPS AFO 2023 candidates must have the syllabus of Agriculture subject. The detailed syllabus in formulated keeping in mind the job relevance and need for professional competence. The detailed IBPS SO Syllabus 2023 for agriculture is as follows:
- Agriculture current affairs
- Crop horticulture vegetables
- Spacing time of sowing seed rate
- Varieties important only
- Herbicides Pesticides
- Important points regarding plants fruits vegetables
- Preservation of fruits and vegetables
- Types of cropping system
- Different Diseases
- Seed technology – Different government schemes
- Agriculture economics – Agriculture cost and schemes
- Various types of agricultural practices
- Soil resources
- Indian soil
- Types of facts ( like humus content, CN ratio etc)
- Green manures
- Animal husbandry and technology
- Different breeds of animals
- Agriculture small industries like honey daily in the fisheries
- Various diseases and their causes
- Rural welfare activities in India – Before independence and After independence
- Different insurance schemes regarding agriculture
- Women and child development schemes
IBPS AFO Selection Process 2023
Candidates who successfully pass the IBPS AFO Preliminary Examination will be selected to appear for the main examination. Those who clear the main examination will then proceed to the interview round. This outlines the IBPS AFO Selection process for the year 2023.
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview Round
The IBPS AFO Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern was discussed in this article. For further updates on this topic keep visiting this blog.
Q1. What is IBPS AFO?
IBPS AFO is a recruitment exam conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) for the position of Agriculture Field Officer in various participating banks. The exam is aimed at selecting candidates with a background in agriculture and related fields.
Q2. What are the eligibility criteria for IBPS AFO?
Eligibility criteria typically include:
Age: Usually between 20 to 30 years (age relaxations apply for reserved categories).
Educational Qualification: A four-year degree in agriculture or related disciplines. Specific qualifications may vary.
Q3. What is the selection process for IBPS AFO?
The selection process usually consists of two stages:
Preliminary Examination: This includes sections like Reasoning, English Language, and Quantitative Aptitude.
Main Examination: This includes Professional Knowledge (related to agriculture) along with sections like Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness.
Q4. Is there an interview for IBPS AFO?
Yes, candidates who qualify the Main Examination are generally called for an interview.