Banking examination is one of the most anticipated and most attended examinations in the country. Every year lakhs of candidates across the country appear for various banking examinations. As they are going to work in a statistical and mathematical field, quantitative aptitude has great importance in the banking examination. Percentage for bank exams is one of the most important and easiest topics a candidate can cover as they are preparing for their examination. Usually the difficulty of the questions asked from this section is easy or moderate in nature, Candidates with intermediate knowledge of percentage can score a good mark in the percentage section of the quantitative aptitude in banking examinations. In this article candidates can go through the important percentage questions, concepts and percentage tricks for banking exams.
Percentage for Banking Examination Notes
Percentage and its concepts are one of the most important sections of a banking examination. If the candidate is thorough with the concepts and the type of questions that can be asked from this section, they can easily score about 80-90% of marks from this section. Let’s solve some of the previously asked Percentage quantitative questions from various topics.
1. In an election between two candidates, one got 55% of the total valid votes, 20% of the votes were invalid. If the total number of votes was 7500, the number of valid votes that the other candidate got, was :
Answer: B) 2700
Total number of votes = 7500
Given that 20% of Percentage votes were invalid
=> Valid votes = 80%
Total valid votes = 7500*(80/100)
1st candidate got 55% of the total valid votes.
Hence the 2nd candidate should have got 45% of the total valid votes
=> Valid votes that 2nd candidate got = total valid votes x (45/100)
7500*(80/100)*(45/100) = 2700
2. A student multiplied a number by 3/5 instead of 5/3, what is the percentage error in the calculation?
Answer: B) 64 %
Let the number be x.
Then, ideally he should have multiplied by x by 5/3. Hence Correct result was x * (5/3) = 5x/3.
By mistake he multiplied x by 3/ . Hence the result with error = 3x/5
Then, error = (5x/3 – 3x/5) = 16x/15
Error % = (error/True value) * 100 = [(16/15) * x/(5/3) * x] * 100 = 64 %
3. If 20% of a = b, then b% of 20 is the same as:
- 4% of a
- 6% of a
- 8% of a
- 10% of a
Answer: A) 4% of a
20% of a = b
=> (20/100) * a = b
b% of 20 =(b/100) x 20 = [(20a/100) / 100] x 20= 4a/100 = 4% of a.
4. A student has to obtain 33% of the total marks to pass. He got 125 marks and failed by 40 marks. The maximum marks are:
Answer: A) 500
Given that the student got 125 marks and still he failed by 40 marks
=> The minimum pass mark = 125 + 40 = 165
Given that minimum pass mark = 33% of the total mark
=> total mark =33/100 =165
=> total mark = 16500/33 = 500
5. If the price of a book is first decreased by 25% and then increased by 20%, then the net change in the price will be :
Answer: A) 10
Let the original price be Rs. 100.
New final price = 120 % of (75 % of Rs. 100) = Rs. [(120/100) * (75/100) * 100] = Rs. 90.
Decrease = 10%
6. The value of a machine depreciates at the rate of 10% every year. It was purchased 3 years ago. If its present value is Rs. 8748, its purchase price was:
Answer: B) 12000
7. Fresh fruit contains 68% water and dry fruit contains 20% water. How much dry fruit can be obtained from 100 kg of fresh fruits?
Answer: C) 40
The fruit content in both the fresh fruit and dry fruit is the same.
Given, fresh fruit has 68% water.so remaining 32% is fruit content. Weight of fresh fruits is 100kg
Dry fruit has 20% water.so remaining 80% is fruit content. Let weight if dry fruit be y kg.
Fruit % in fresh fruit = Fruit% in dry fruit
Therefore, (32/100) x 100 = (80/100 ) x y
we get, y = 40 kg.
8. A man spends 35% of his income on food, 25% on children’s education and 80% of the remaining on house rent. What percent of his income he is left with?
Answer: B) 8 %
Let the total income be x.
Then, income left = (100 – 80) % of [100 – (35 + 25)] % of x = 20% of 40% of x = [(20/100) * (40/100) * 100] % of x = 8 % of x.
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.