Staff Selection Commission recruits candidates to posts of Junior Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Quantity Surveying & Contracts) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. The posts are Group B (Non-Gazetted), in Level-6 (Rs 35400-112400/-) of the pay matrix of 7th Central Pay Commission. An open competitive examination will be conducted for the recruitment process. Aspirants can go through the article to know more about the SSC JE Selection Process.
SSC JE Selection Process 2022
Check the complete selection procedure for the SSC JE examination:
- The candidates who register themselves in response to the advertisement published by the SSC before the closing date and time and whose applications are found to be in order and are provisionally accepted by the Commission as per the terms and conditions mentioned in the Notice of Examination will be assigned Roll numbers and issued Admission Certificate (AC) for appearing in the Computer Based Examination (Paper-I).
- Admission Certificates for all stages of the examination will be issued online on the websites of concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Office of the Commission.
SSC JE Eligibility Criteria
|1||Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Up to 32 years|
|2||Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Up to 32 years|
|3||Central Public Works Department
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||Up to 32 years|
|4||Central Public Works Department
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Up to 32 years|
|5||Military Engineer Services (MES)||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Up to 30 years|
|6||Military Engineer Services (MES)||Junior Engineer (Electrical and Mechanical)||Up to 30 years|
|7||Farakka Barrage Project||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Up to 30 years|
|8||Farakka Barrage Project||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Up to 30 years|
|9||Farakka Barrage Project||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Up to 30 years|
|10||Border Road Organization||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Up to 30 years|
|11||Border Road Organization||Junior Engineer (Electrical and Mechanical)||Up to 30 years|
|12||Central Water and Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Up to 30 years|
|13||Central Water and Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Up to 30 years|
|14||Central Water and Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Up to 30 years|
|15||Directorate of Quality Assurance (Naval)||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Up to 30 years|
|16||Directorate of Quality Assurance (Naval)||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Up to 30 years|
|17||National Technical Research Organization (NTRO)||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Up to 30 years|
|18||National Technical Research Organization (NTRO)||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Up to 30 years|
|19||National Technical Research Organization (NTRO)||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Up to 30 years|
Degree/ Diploma in Civil or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/ Institute.
SSC JE Selection Process- Scheme of Examination
Objective Paper I and Descriptive Paper II
|Papers||Exam Mode||Subjects||Number Marks/Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper I||Objective Computer-based||General Intelligence and Reasoning
Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural)
or Part-B General Engineering (Electrical)
or Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
|Paper-II||Written Test||Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural)
or Part- B General Engineering (Electrical)
or Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
Minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I and Paper-II will be as follows:
- UR: 30%
- OBC/ EWS: 25%
- Others: 20%
- Based on the normalized marks scored in the (Paper-I) i.e. Computer Based Examination, candidates will be shortlisted, category-wise, to appear in Paper-II.
- Based on the performance in Paper-I & Paper-II, candidates will be shortlisted for Document Verification.
- There will be no Interview for the SSC JE post.
All the candidates who are qualified for Document Verification are required to appear for Document Verification along with the photocopies and original documents:
- Matriculation/ Secondary Certificate.
- Educational Qualification Certificate.
- Experience Certificate, if applicable.
- Caste/ Category Certificate, if belongs to reserved categories.
- Persons with Disabilities Certificate in the required format, if applicable.
- Relevant Certificate if seeking any age relaxation.
Also, the candidates should provide two passport size recent color photographs and one original valid Photo ID Proof while appearing for the Document Verification process. Photo ID Proof can be:
- Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar.
- Voter ID Card.
- PAN Card.
- Driving License.
- Government School/ College ID Card.
- Employer ID (Govt./ PSU)
Final selection and allocation of Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations will be made on the basis of the performance of candidates in Paper-I & Paper-II and the preference of Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations exercised by them at the time of Document Verification.
Posts of Junior Engineers in BRO have a stringent requirement of physical and medical standards including the Physical Efficiency Test. Examination of such physical and medical standards will be conducted after the final selection of candidates by BRO.
Resolution of tie cases
In cases where more than one candidate secures the equal aggregates marks in Paper-I and Paper-II, the tie will be resolved by applying the following methods one after another:
- Total marks in Paper-II.
- Date of birth, with older candidates, placed higher.
- Alphabetical order of the names of the candidates.
So, these are the procedures related to the SSC JE Selection Process. Aspirants can start their preparation without delay.
Download the Entri App for free from the Google play store and avail the contents like- Daily Current Affairs notes, subject-wise notes, online previous year question papers, and full-length mock tests of the Junior Engineer examination conducted by the SSC.
|SSC JE Exam Information Links|
|SSC JE Notification||SSC JE Mock Test|
|SSC JE Syllabus||SSC JE Video Course|
|SSC JE Exam Date||SSC JE Study Materials|
|SSC JE Application Form||SSC JE Interview Questions|
|SSC JE Vacancy||SSC JE Job Profile|
|SSC JE Admit Card||SSC JE Salary|
|SSC JE Study Plan||SSC JE Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|SSC JE Previous Question Papers||SSC JE Result|
|SSC JE Best Books||SSC JE Cutoff|
|SSC JE Eligibility Criteria||SSC JE Exam Analysis|
|SSC JE Answer Key|