Candidates who are preparing for IBPS SO Prelims and Mains exams must check the Preparation tips. It is very important for the aspirants to go through the IBPS SO Preparation Strategy to prepare for both the exams in the right direction. Every year, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the IBPS SO exam for the recruitment of various Specialist Officers. There are three stages in IBPS SO selection process to recruit Specialist Officers in Public Sector Banks – Prelims, Mains, and Personal Interview. Lakhs of candidates appear for various specialist officer posts as it is a prestigious job with a great pay scale and employment security. Candidates must read this article to know more about IBPS SO Preparation 2021.IBPS releases abundant vacancies for various specialist officers’ posts. As this examination is highly competitive, candidates must have a proper IBPS SO preparation plan in order to ensure their jobs.This article is about IBPS SO Preparation 2021.
IBPS SO Preparation Strategy
IBPS SO Prelims has three sections for all posts. For Rajbhasha Adhikari and Law Officer posts, the three sections are English Language, Reasoning, and General Awareness. And for other posts: English Language, Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude.
IBPS SO Mains for all posts tests the Professional Knowledge of the candidates for the respective posts.
IBPS SO Strategy: Prelims
English Language Section
The important topics for this section are as under:
|Reading Comprehension||10-15 Questions|
|Error Spotting and Correction||5-10 Questions|
|Para jumbled or Jumbled Sentences||1-5 Questions|
|Cloze Test||5-10 Questions|
IBPS SO Preparation Strategy For English Language
- Practice and get thorough with the English grammar rules.
- Start reading news papers regularly, this will help you increase your reading speed.
- Make use of flash cards since they are helpful in improving vocabulary.
- In order to solve verbal ability questions, understand the contexts clearly.
- Read various kinds of books and note down new phrases and words.
The important topics for this section are tabulated below:
|Blood Relation||2-5 Questions|
|Coding and decoding||5-10 Questions|
|Order and Ranking||2-6 Questions|
|Data Sufficiency||3-5 Questions|
IBPS SO Preparation Strategy For Reasoning
- Categorize the topics into simple, medium & hard and solve from simple to medium.
- Clear the basic theory behind each and every concept.
- Understand the steps to approach and solve questions.
- Go through example questions and practice as many questions as possible.
- Work on previous year question papers. This will give an idea about the type of questions asked in the examination.
- Take mock tests which will help you in time management.
Quantitative Aptitude Section
Check out the important topics for this section in the table below:
|Data Interpretation||13-15 Questions|
|Number Series and Pattern & Sequences||5-6 Questions|
|Simplification and Approximation||0-5 Questions|
|Miscellaneous Topics||15-17 Questions|
IBPS SO Preparation Strategy For Quantitative Aptitude
- Understand basic concepts and formulas. Memorize the formulas by heart.
- Go through the example problems and solve as many practice questions as possible to improve your problem-solving skills.
- Learn formulas and tricks and memorize.
- Take mock tests to analyze your knowledge and work on that.
- Start from easy topics and slowly move onto difficult topics.
General Awareness Section
This section is all about reading and memorizing a lot of information about issues and events of national and international importance.
- Refer to previous year papers to get an idea about the kind of static GK questions asked and prepare accordingly.
- Read newspapers and magazines on a regular basis.
- Go through all the important events of last six months.
- Focus more on business, economy and finance related news.
IBPS SO Strategy: Mains
For IBPS SO Mains, candidates must follow the syllabus of Professional Knowledge for the posts they have applied for. We have provided some key points to be kept in mind while preparing for IBPS SO Mains Examination.
- Know Your Exam Pattern & Syllabus : Know the detailed exam pattern and syllabus for the post you have applied for.
- Create A Timetable: Once you have a clear idea about pattern and syllabus of IBPS SO, create a timetable and stick to it. With the help of this timetable you can keep track of your studying activities.
- Spend More Time On Your Weak Areas: Candidates must pay more attention to their weaker areas. Analyze your weaker areas and start addressing them and spend more time by practicing these topics.
- Practice Old Question Papers: Candidates can practice old or IBPS SO previous year questions. This will help candidates to get an idea of the real structure of the question paper.
- Revise Regularly : Prepare for your examination everyday. Revise and practice regularly. Allocate some time daily for revision of topics you have already finished.
- Take Mock Tests: Mock tests will give a real scenario of your examination with the time limit set. Further, mock tests will help to evaluate yourself about where you are standing and where you need to improve.
The important topics for IBPS SO Mains examination are as under:
|IT Officer (Scale-I)||1. Database Management System 2. Data Communication and Network 3. Operating System 4. Data Structure 5. Software Engineering 6. Computer Organization and Microprocessor 7. Object Oriented Programming|
|Agriculture Field Officer (Scale-I)||1. Basics of Crop Production 2. Horticulture 3. Seed Science 4. Agronomy and Irrigation 5. Agricultural Economies 6. Agricultural Practices 7. Soil Resources 8. Animal Husbandry 9. Agroforestry 10. Ecology 11. Government Schemes|
|Marketing Officer(Scale-I)||1. Basics of Marketing Management 2. Brand Management 3. Advertising 4. PR 5. Sales 6. Retail 7. Business Ethics 8. Market Segmentation 9. Product Lifecycle 10. Market Research and forecasting demand 11. Corporate Social Responsibility 12. Service Marketing 13. Marketing Strategies|
|Law Officer Scale-I||1. Banking Regulations 2. Compliance and Legal Aspects 3. Relevant Law and Orders related to negotiable instruments, Securities, foreign exchanges 4. Prevention of Money laundering, Limitation Act 5. Consumer Protection 6. SARFAES 7. Banking Ombudsman Scheme 8. Laws and Actions with direct link to Banking Sector 9. Bankers Book Evidence Act 10. DRT Act|
|HR/Personnel Officer Scale-I||1. Human Resource and Development 2. Business Policy and Strategic Analysis 3. Transnational Analysis 4. Training and Development 5. Recruitment and Selection 6. Rewards and Recognition 7. Industrial Relations 8. Grievance and Conflict Management 9. Performance Management and Appraisal|
|Rajsabha Adhikari Scale-I||1. Banking Regulations Passages 2. Synonyms-Antonyms 3. Cloze Test 4. Fill in the Blanks 5. Practical Translations 6. Hindi/English Grammar|
IBPS Specialist Officer Books For IT Officer (Scale-I)
|Computer for Competitive Exams: Fundamental of Computer with MCQ’s: Fundamentals of Computer with Multiple choices questions 1st Edition||RPH Editorial Board|
|Objective Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams 1st Edition||R Pillai|
IBPS Specialist Officer Books For Law Officer (Scale-I)
|IBPS Specialist Officer CWE LAW Officer Online Exam Practice Work Book||Kiran Prakashan|
IBPS Specialist Officer Books For HR Specialist/Personal Officer (Scale-I)
|CWE-IBPS Bank-HR Specialist/Personal Officer Complete Book||Priyanaka Prakashan|
IBPS Specialist Officer Books For Marketing Specialist Officer (Scale-I)
|CWE-IBPS Bank-Marketing Specialist Officer Exam: Complete Book||Priyanaka Prakashan|
We hope that bove blog has helped you understand the IBPS SO Preparation Tips to the most detailed edge. All the Best for your IBPS SO Exam.