Kerala administrative service exam is the most awaited and respected job in Kerala. It comes under civil service of Kerala government. The recruitment is done by Kerala public service commission by conducting KAS exam. The exam has same pattern of Indian administrative service exam. Kerala administrative service has come into force on 1st January 2018 under special rules of government of Kerala- G.O. (P) No. 12-2017-P & ARD. Exam notification is expected to be published soon, hopefully by end of this year. Latest updates say that the syllabus and pattern will be confirmed by Kerala PSC soon. As per news, the exam will be of three tiers like IAS exam. There are many books currently available for KAS Exam 2019 preparation. For best books for KAS Exam Preparation 2019, read below passage
Eligibility criteria and exam pattern for KAS exam 2019
Bachelor Degree holders can apply for the exam. Bachelor Degree should be from recognized university. For direct recruitment, age limit for KAS exam is 32 years and communal relaxation are there for OBC and SC/ST. For recruitment from permanent employees age limit is 40 years. According to latest news, there will be preliminary exam, mains exam and an interview. Those who qualify in preliminary exam can write mains exam. Interview will be for those clear the mains exam. Pattern of each tier is as below:
- It consists of two papers with combining total of 200 marks.
- Both papers will be conducted on the same day.
- Exam is of OMR model
- Three papers of each carrying a total of 150 marks
- It covers science, history and current affairs
- Interview carriers 50 marks.
Services under the KAS posting as per G.O. (P) No. 12-2017-P & ARD are civil supplies, commercial tax, urban affairs, state insurance, social justice, state lotteries, co-operative department, Panchayat, Kerala state land board, treasuries, tourism, scheduled caste department, scheduled tribe department, general education, industries and commerce, administrative secretariat, culture department, sainik welfare, land and survey department, entrance examination commissionerate, finance department, stationery and common categories which includes administrative officer, assistant administrative officer, accounts officer, financial assistant etc. This is based on the KAS draft report and more inclusions is expecting on final rule.
Best Books for Kerala Administrative Services Exam Preparation 2019
Syllabus covered in preliminary exam is
- Indian constitution/polity
- Modern Indian history
- Indian geography
- Indian economy
- Kerala history
- Renaissance leaders of Kerala
- Kerala geography
- Schemes and welfare policies by state and national
- Quantitative aptitude and reasoning
- Malayalam language
There are number of books available in the market. But for preparing well, aspirants should choose the apt books for it. Some the best books are
- Indian polity by Laxmikanth
- Governance in India by Laxmikanth
- Indian Economy key concepts – Sankar Ganesh
- India after Gandhi by Ramachandra Guha
- Physical geography by Goh Cheng Leong
- Indian economy -Ramesh Singh
- Struggle for independence by Bipin Chandra
- Indian art and culture-Nitin Singhania
- Quantitative aptitude by R.S. Agarwal
- NCERT textbooks from 6-12 for science, history, geography, polity and economics.
- Kerala History – E. Sreedhara Menon
- Contemporary Kerala by university of Calicut
Mock test series and notes are available through online. Candidates can ask any doubts regarding KAS exam through doubt forum of Entri. We will help you to study for the exam in a simpler way. We have expert groups for clarifying your doubts. Our notes and test series are free. Practice question papers and mock tests for other than KAS like Kerala PSC, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL, IIT JEE Mains, NEET, KEAM, and Comedk are available for students. Entri is a suitable app for making you outstanding in various competitive exams.