The National Bank For Agriculture has released the notification for the post of Assistant Manager in Grade ‘A’. The last date for the online submission of the application was on 03-02-2020. And, the Phase I preliminary exam will be on 25th February 2020. In this article let us check the best books needed in hand for the preparation for the NABARD Grade-A post.
NABARD Grade-A: Selection Pattern
Phase I – Preliminary Examination
- Grade ‘A’ – RDBS, Rajbhasha, and Legal Service
- Objective Type: MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
- Duration: 120 Minutes Composite Time – Total Marks: 200
- The subjects are:
|Test of Reasoning||20 marks|
|Computer Knowledge||20 marks|
|English Language||40 marks|
|General Awareness||20 marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude||20 marks|
|Economic & Social Issues (with focus on Rural India)||40 marks|
|Agriculture & Rural Development (with focus on Rural India)||40 marks|
Phase II – Mains Examination
- Main Examination will be online and will be a mix of MCQ and descriptive pattern.
Paper-I– General English: (Descriptive – writing skills – online through the keyboard). The paper will have descriptive questions. Duration: 1 ½ hrs – 100 marks. (Common for Grade ‘A’ – RDBS, Rajbhasha, and Legal)
- For Grade A (RDBS):
i) General Discipline- Economic and Social Issues and Agriculture and Rural Development (with focus on Rural India)
ii) Specialized Discipline: Paper on related discipline with a duration: 1 ½ hrs. – 100 Marks
- For Grade A Rajbhasha:
The Paper will have multiple-choice questions. Duration: 1 ½ hrs – 100 marks. Proficiency in Hindi including Translation from English to Hindi and Vice versa.
- For Grade A (Legal Services): The paper will have multiple-choice questions. Duration: 1 ½ hrs – 100 marks
Phase III – Interview
Applicants qualifying in the Phase-II – Main Examination and securing a sufficiently high rank in merit shall be short-listed for interview having 25 Marks.
Best Books for NABARD Grade-A
- Banking Services Chronicles, Kurukshetra, and Yojana Magazines with a focus on the Agriculture part in these Magazines.
- Computer Awareness – Arihant Publication
- Objective Computer Knowledge and Literacy – Kiran Publication
Economic and Social Issues
- Indian Economy- Ramesh Singh
- Indian Economy- Uma Kapila (Performance and policies)
- Social Problems in India, and Indian social System, Ram Ahuja
- Social and Economic Problems in India, Naseem A Azad
- Indian Polity- Laxmikanth
- Economic survey for the year
Agriculture and Rural Development
- Objective Agriculture – S.R. Kantwa – New Vishal Publications
- For Agricultural Field Officer IBPS-SO Book – Jain Brothers
- Agriculture Current Affairs – New Vishal Publications
- General Agriculture – Muniraj Singh Rathore – Jain Brothers
- Cover the basics of ARD from the book by R.K. Sharma – Agriculture at a Glance.
- Agricultural Finance in India: The Role of NABARD- K Prabhakar Rajkumar
- Rural Development: Indian Context- GPH Panel of Experts
- NABARD and its Significance in Agriculture- S K Chaudhary
- Agriculture at a Glance: Enhanced Competition Explorer- R K Sharma, and S K Bhoi
- High School Grammar and Composition – Wren and Martin
- Word Power Made Easy- Norman Lewis
- Objective General English-S P Bakshi
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum- Sarvesh k Verma
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic- Arihant Publications
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams- R S Aggarwal
Test of Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning- M.K.Pandey
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning- R S Aggarwal
- A New Approach to Reasoning- B S Sijwalii and Indu Sijwali
- Advanced Objective General knowledge- S. Chand
- Agriculture Current Affairs, 2019-20 – New Vishal’s Editorial Board
Various Reports other than Books:
- Go through the Reports provided by Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Rural Development, NABARD Website
- Cover the Reports provided by the Ministry of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change.
- NITI Aayog recent reports – selective
- Reports from the Press Information Bureau (PIB)
- Policy Reviews of the Government of India
- Union Budget- 2020-21
- Pratiyogita Darpan Indian Economy yearly version discharged after Union Budget
Check the complete syllabus for NABARD Grade-A.
So, all these about the best books that one can rely on the upcoming NABARD Grade-A examination. Moreover, candidates can choose online exam preparation applications. Entri will provide you the complete subject-wise classes covering all the topics. Lakhs of users have bagged their dream job with the help of Entri, along with their dedication and hard work. The contents included will be up to date prepared by the expert panel. Daily and monthly current affairs, GK updates, Banking Awareness section are also included. Also, you can practice mock tests both section-wise and full-length. There will be daily rank booster sections dealing with individual topics of subjects, which will enhance your subject knowledge.
Entri wishes all the best with your preparations!