A job in the banking sector is a much-coveted one. Hence, it is not necessary to point out how much of an eye-candy a job in the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) is. Being an organization wholly owned by our Government, a job in NABARD is the dream of many. NABARD is an apex developmental financial institution that deals with matters regarding the planning of policy and operations of credit for agricultural and other economic activities in the rural lands of our country. Let us take a look at NABARD Grade A job profile and career growth 2022. We will also share with you all the NABARD Grade A posting and NABARD Grade A job profile.
NABARD Grade A Job Profile 2022
NABARD Grade A is the post for Assistant Managers. In order to apply for the job, your age should be between 25 and 40. The candidates will have to apply online and an amount should be paid a fee. The selection process is carried out in three stages the Preliminary exam which is an online objective type examination carrying 200 marks. It is of qualifying nature. The main exam is also an online MCQ type examination along with a descriptive part as well. (Paper 1 and Paper 2) and Interview – The highest scorers of the main examination will get selected for the interview.
NABARD Grade A Roles And Responsibilities 2022
The job responsibility of a NABARD Grade A officer cannot be pinned down to one particular responsibility. Initially, the work will be basic operations and understanding the various duties. Gradually, the work responsibilities will increase and bigger task and decision making responsibilities will be offered. The Officer will have to be prompt at multi-tasking the works assigned to him by the Chief General Manager of the Regional Office. A Grade A Officer will have to work on the policies and programs related to agricultural and rural development that is mandated by the Central or State Government. A department will be assigned to the officer irrespective of his qualification. Every job responsibility involves something to do with the rural areas of our country; it could be dealing with various policies and programs of the Government, projects to improve agricultural and rural development etc. Also, the work culture is purely bureaucratic.
- Computer and Information Technolog- Security /Analytics /Database Administration /Application Development/ Networking /Server Management and related fields/ Database Analysis (MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL).
- Finance – Treasury Management /Risk management/Handling of regulatory and/or statutory compliances for public issues, retail bonds,
- 3 Agriculture, Agriculture Engineering, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries, Forestry, Horticulture, LD – Soil
- Minor Irrigation/ Water Resources Identifying and mapping of resource potential under related sectors and sub-sectors of rural economy and SWOT analysis thereof, credit-linked planning, preparation of sectoral papers, State Focus Papers,
- Meeting requests from client institutions, especially Banks and Government Departments, for periodic updating of techno-financial parameters and unit costs of various developmental
- Provision of expert views, advisory services, consultancy, to individual entrepreneurs, Corporates, Institutions, Government Departments, etc. seeking such advice. This may be in contexts of preparation of DPRs, standardization of techno-financial norms with specific reference to new agri-business ventures such as high-value agriculture, value chain financing, processing and value addition, organic farming, etc.
- Liaison with National / Regional Research Institutes to support their R&D interventions to develop solutions to field-level technical /operational problems and innovative technologies.
- Liaison with Line Departments of Central as well as State Governments, ICAR, and State Universities of related
- Advisory services at the District/State/National level in the operationalization of several Government-sponsored schemes pertaining to related
- Representation on various technical committees/ sub-groups constituted by State / National Level institutions etc. toward policy
- Provision, and simultaneous internal capacity building, in the emerging areas of NABARD’s interest and projects being implemented by NABARD requiring specializations/expertise from related
- Miscellaneous areas – suggestions/advice for effective policy formulations and business plans, Appraisal & Monitoring of proposals having NABARD’s interest and/or Documentation of Success stories and dissemination technology for replication. Any support related to technical discipline is sought from time to time.
NABARD Grade A Career Growth 2022
The post of Assistant Manager at NABARD falls to the lowest category in the managerial hierarchy. The probation period is for 2 years, which can be extended to another year as the bank seems fit, during which they will be explained about the jobs and responsibilities. Departmental exams and interviews are the only way to climb up the career ladder for NABARD Officers. The hierarchy of the posts from Grade A, i.e., Assistant manager is as follows:
- Assistant General Manager
- Deputy General Manager
- General Manager
- Chief General Manager
- Executive Director
NABARD Grade A Salary 2022
The basic pay of the selected candidates will be Rs.28150/- along with other perks like dearness allowance (DA), Local Compensatory Allowance etc. So, the initial pay will be around Rs.62,600/- The other perquisites include Bank’s accommodation, maid, dearness allowances, house rent allowance, local allowance, leave fare concession. reimbursement of expenses for newspaper, telephone bills, medical expenses; interest free festival advance, loans at concessional rate to name a few.
- Basic Pay -: Rs.28150/- p.m.
- Pay-scale -: 28150-1550(4)-34350-1750(7)–46600–EB-1750(4)-53600-2000(1)-55600
- Additional Allowances – Dearness Allowance, Local Compensatory Allowance, House Rent Allowance, and Grade Allowance.
- Initial Monthly In-hand Salary – Rs. 60,000/-.
NABARD Grade A Allowances 2022
As mentioned before, the salary offered is pretty handsome along with several perks. The office timing is a typical one, from 9.30 in the morning to 5.30 in the evening for only 5 days. Saturdays and Sundays are off. NABARD provides excellent housing facilities to its officers in almost all the cities, as the posting is generally only in state capitals. Also, the HR policies ensure that you get posted in states other than your home state thereby, giving you a chance to feel the rich cultural diversity our country offers, which often leads to the misconception that the postings will only be in rural areas. The postings will be at state capitals. A job at NABARD is also an opportunity that converts your efforts into a social service as the job is all about aiding agricultural and rural development.
- Maid, Dearness Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Local Allowance
- Family Allowance
- Grade Allowance
- Accommodation (subject to availability)
- Furniture allowance
- Dispensary facilities
- Reimbursement of medical expenses
- Interest-free festival advance
- Leave fare concessions
- Loans at concessional rates of interest (house, car, education, etc)
- Gratuity benefits
NABARD Grade A Preparation Tips 2022
The initial and significant step towards the preparation of any examination is the close study of its complete syllabus. A thorough understanding of what is being studied and prepared is as important as studying various topics for the exam. Listing all the topics and categorizing them into the most important and important sections can make the preparation easier. You can check out the preparation tips given below to start your preparations:-
- Comprehension of the exam pattern in detail and getting familiar with it is important while attempting a competitive examination. The total number of questions, the marking scheme of the examination, and the time allotted for the exam are significant factors that are to be acquainted profoundly. Aspirants can refer to the official website or the previous year’s question papers to understand the exam pattern.
- It is always beneficial and wise to have an explicit study plan and to stick with the same while preparing. An ideal study plan will consist of the systemic division, analysis, and study of the topics prescribed in the syllabus. Study time, break time, and the systemic management of the same will also be included in the study plan. Proper planning and execution is a diplomatic and wise way to success.
- The collection of the best study materials is an efficient move in the preparation strategy for the examination. It should be done with direct reference to the syllabus and banking exam strategy. Materials can be chosen from online tutoring, instructions, soft copies of texts to the reputed textbooks available in the market. Aspirants can collect and consolidate the materials according to their study plan.
- Daily mock tests and self-analysis of the preparation are important in the venture of preparing for a banking exam. This helps the aspirants in understanding their present status in learning. This helps to work more focused in the weaker sections along with practising time management. Mock tests are now available at the fingertips of the aspirants which helps in preparation.
- Getting acquainted with the previous year’s question paper and including answering the same in the study plan is an added perk in enhancing the knowledge and exam writing skills. This will help in understanding the level of difficulty of the exam and thus enable the aspirant to polish the learning. Along with this, the aspirant gets acquainted with the general structure and pattern of the exam.
- Along with these preparation strategies for NABARD GRADE A EXAM, the most significant part comes from the side of the aspirant. That is focused learning and never-ending perseverance. Self-motivation and determination are key factors to be held by the aspirants in the wake of preparation for the examination.
All in all, a job at NABARD looks like a good deal. It is well aware that over one-lakh people apply for around 200 job vacancies in NABARD, which makes it evident that the fight for the limited number of vacancies at NABARD is a cut-throat one. It can be difficult to crack the exam levels due to this but, the task is not a herculean one. The right mode of preparation is the key to crack any exam. Work hardly, smartly and consistently with the aid of Entri study notes and quizzes. Good luck all!