Table of Contents
Books are always a good companion for every exam aspirant, whether it is a banking exam, SSC, Railway, or any state-wise PSCs. In the same way, quantitative aptitude is an inevitable part of banking exams. In spite of the online notes available, still many students rely on books to ace their preparations. While selecting books, candidates have to keep certain points in mind, like the content, price of the book, author, etc and always it is important to select a good book that fulfills candidates’ requirements. In this article, we are discussing the list of best quantitative aptitude books for bank exams.
List of the Best Quantitative Aptitude Books for Bank Exams 2021
As we know, quantitative aptitude has to be prepared for both the Prelims and Mains Exams. Almost all banking exams follow the same pattern. The quantitative aptitude will have 35 questions for the Prelims and 30-50 questions for the Mains exam accordingly. Quantitative aptitude questions for the prelims will be from general topics but, that of mains will be DI with pictorial graphs, Data sufficiency.
Candidates can check the books available in the market and in the online stores for the general quantitative aptitude for the prelims exams and the Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency, etc for the Mains examinations.
|Banking Quantitative Aptitude Books
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
|R.S. Agarwal, S. Chand Publication
|Quantitative Aptitude Test
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
|Abhijit Guha, Tata McGraw Hill
|Wiley’s Quantitative Aptitude Book
|The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination
|Quantitative Aptitude for Bank Exams (Preliminary & Main) Paperback
|Vijay Shankar Srivastva
|Aptitude & Reasoning for GATE 2021 and ESE 2021
|Objective Mathematics Dharmpat
|Teach Yourself Quantitative Aptitude
|How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude
|Arun Sharma, Tata McGraw Hill
|Arithmetic for General Competitions
|Quantitative Aptitude Quantum Cat
|Sarvesh K. Verma, Arihant Publications
|Shortcuts in Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams 3rd Edition
|Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation Topic-wise Solved Papers for IBPS/SBI Bank PO/Clerk Prelim & Main Exams
|K. Kundan, BSC Publication
|Data Analysis & Interpretation Data Sufficiency
|Arun Sharma, Mcgraw Hill Education
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
|Quantitative Aptitude for all Competitive Exam
|Objective Mathematics for Competitive Examinations
|The Complete Success Package – Bank PO
|A Complete Book on Data Interpretation and Analysis for Banking and Insurance Examinations
Tips for Selecting Best Quantitative Aptitude Books for Bank Exam Preparation
- Always have an idea of the syllabus and topics included – most banking exams cover exactly the same topic. So, check the book content for all these topics
- Don’t judge a book by its cover! Go deep through the contents. Explore all the topics, mock questions, and previous papers. Make sure the book includes all the matters you need.
- Always give priority to the latest editions of the available books. This will hold the latest contents and patterns of questions.
- Aspirants should give importance to the author. Select books of renowned authors in the field. Also, check the publications and year of publication.
- Choose a book that suits you! It’s often seen that aspirants use books that are fast-moving. But, sometimes they find it hard to understand the explanations. So, it is mandatory to choose books that explain solutions in a simple, easy and include shortcuts.
- Mock tests, sample questions papers – choose books that have more number sample papers for the prelims and mains portions. Apart from solved questions, you should have to practice mocks to assess your preparations.
In brief, choose books wisely. It should explain topics from a beginner level to an expert level. So, it is easy and interesting to follow and study during the preparation phase.
Topics included for the Quantitative Aptitude
The topics included, in general, for most of the Banking Examinations are:
- Number Series
- Number Systems
- Sequence and Series
- Ratio & proportion
- Simplification and Approximation
- Quadratic Equations
- Time and Work
- Pipes and Cistern
- Speed, Distance and Time
- Upstream and Downstream
- Mixtures and Allegations
- Profit, Loss, and Discount
- Simple and Compound Interest, Partnership
- Volume and Surface area
- Data Interpretation
- Permutation & Combination
- Clocks and Calendars
- Stocks & Shares
- Data Sufficiency
- Height and Distance: Application In Trigonometry
- Equations of Algebra
Preparation for the Quantitative Aptitude
The online examinations are held for the banking exams. The prelims exam will be for 60 minutes, of which the quantitative aptitude will be 20 minutes. The 35 questions covering all the above-mentioned topics have to be answered. Note that there is a penalty for wrong answers. Practice sectional quantitative online mock test. Topic-wise mocks will really help to improve your speed, score and reduce negatives. In short, speed and accuracy in answering require proper preparations and time management.
In short, the preparation for the bank exams is a continuous process. Candidates who are really aspiring for a job in the banking sector should try without any break. Plan your preparations including more mock examinations. Subscribe to this page for the preparation books for reasoning, general awareness, and computer awareness for the banking exams, and many more mock tests.