Table of Contents
The Federal Bank is one of the leading Private Sector Banks in India that conducts the Federal Bank Clerk exam every year. Thousands of aspirants enroll on the exam after various levels of preparation. The Federal Bank conducts this examination at a pan India level. The number of candidates who attend the exam has been increasing steadily over the years, making the exam more and more competitive.
The candidates must be aware of the various components of the examination. The Federal Bank will soon release the Federal bank official exam notifications for the recruitment of Officer Scale I in different branches of the bank. The candidates are expected to stay updated accordingly.
Federal Bank Clerk Exam Pattern 2021
The Federal Bank Clerk exam will be conducted in two phases:
- Online Aptitude Test
- Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI)
To get onto the next level of Group Discussion and Personal Interviews, the candidate is required to overcome the Online Aptitude Test.
- 0.25 mark for each wrong response will be deducted as negative marking in the clerk exam
- The Online Aptitude Test will be followed by a psychometric questionnaire for 15 minute
- The Online Aptitude test carries a time duration of 60 minutes
Federal Bank Clerk Preparation Tips 2021
Section I – English Language
The English Language is one of the easiest subjects which when prepared properly can fetch good marks for the candidates. Listed below are a few tips to crack the English paper in the exam
- The candidates must go through the recent papers.
- One must solve as many mock test papers as one can because practice always helps in realizing their mistakes and keeps them on the safe side of the game.
- Focus on the chapters that aim at grammar and composition.
- The candidates must frequently take cloze Tests, practice sentence improvement, para Jumbles, para completion.
- The candidate must follow up vocabularies like antonyms and synonyms to be aware of the meaning of any word that may appear.
- One can also practice English by reading a lot of books be it fictional or non-fictional, historic or entertaining, any sort of reading would boost their grammar and sentence framing skills.
- The candidates must try indulging themselves in reading newspapers and writing articles.
- All of these factors would help the candidate advance their English language understanding ability and would level up the chances of you getting the desired marks.
Section II – Logical Reasoning
Candidates must be aware of the fact that this section basically tests their logical reasoning and it is perhaps the most scoring section of the examination. Listed below are a few pointers that will help you crack the exam
- To score well in this section, candidates must practice well the Alphabet and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Puzzles, Blood Relations and Input and Output.
- One must focus on Syllogism, Classification, Distance and Directions as well as Statements and Conclusions.
- Candidates must equally work on areas like Statements and Conclusions, Assertion and Reasoning and Seating Arrangements.
- When the candidate goes through the above topics with a good study plan, they can reach the desired target in no time.
- A structured way of touching each of the above topics will enhance your logical reasoning and get you through this section – understand the basic theory first and then practise questions consistently.
Section III – Numerical Ability
Numerical or Quantitative Ability can be one of the toughest sections of the Federal Bank Clerk exam but if the candidate has enough practice on chapters falling under this section well, it will no longer be tough and can easily score. Listed below are a few pointers that might help.
- Memorize the mathematical formulas by heart, this way you can save time.
- Focus on the easy chapters first before jumping to the tough ones.
- Practice scoring topics like Simplification, Surds, Profit and Loss, Boats and Streams, Simple and Compound Interest.
- Later focus on Pie charts, Bar graphs, Line Graphs, Mensuration as well as Average.
- Do not try to memorize the tricks and shortcuts directly, instead, practice a sufficient number of questions.
- The candidates must practice weak topics as well as the questions that they find difficult regularly.
Section IV – General, Socio-economic & Banking
The purpose of this section is to test the candidates general socio-economic and banking knowledge. To be well-versed with this section, you need to read and memorize efficiently. Below are some tips.
- The candidate must be aware of the news that is of both National and International importance.
- Revise the topics such as Science and Technology, Indian Constitution, Indian Polity, Reserve Bank of India and its roles as well as Bank Rates, as they will help in solving this section.
- Focus on topics like policies and laws related to Banking, Financial Institutions in India and Indian Geography as they will help you in getting good marks.
- Bank Abbreviations, Books, and Authors, Who’s Who and KYC knowledge will also shape up your knowledge further.
Section V – Computer Awareness
The Computer Awareness section is not at all tough as compared to the other sections and can be passed by having a general knowledge of the Computer world.
- The candidate can go through topics such as Computer Fundamentals, Basics of Security, Database Management and Operating Systems.
- Mild topics such as Input and Output devices, Keyboard shortcuts, Microsoft Office, Central Processing Unit and Email and Internet will also help the candidate achieve good marks in the paper.
- Topics such as Memories and Storage and Evolution of Computers can also be of great help, although these might seem a bit confusing at times.
- One can also gain practical knowledge and use it in your theory by practising Email and the Internet as well as Microsoft Office.
- It will further enhance your knowledge when it comes to theoretical paper.
Section VI – Digital Banking
To overcome this section of the paper, the candidate must go through various concepts of Digital Marketing and Banking as it will sharpen your digital knowledge.
- One must go through the basic terminologies of Digital Banking and Digital Marketing Activities to get the basic knowledge of digital banking and score well in this section.
- It is also advisable for candidates to understand Modes of Digital Banking and History of Digital Banking in India, etc.
I hope this article was helpful. If you are an aspirant and looking for a good start, our Entri app has got it covered for you. We will assist you with content and insights related to the examination. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Focus on the good and work hard. Good luck.