IBPS RRB Clerk examination will be conducted shortly as the IBPS published the official notification through the official website. Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is conducting an examination every year to select the most eligible candidates for the various posts under the Public Sector. The IBPS is an official recruiting body that is destined to conduct clerical cadre exams annually. The upcoming IBPS examination is going to be a tough competition as the number of candidates who have applied for the post is high when compared to the previous years.
To crack prelims and mains exams you should not focus only on completing the entire syllabus. In fact, cracking these competitive exams needs a lot of hard work and preparation. One must have various skills, like time management, the ability to select the right questions to answer, etc along with academic knowledge. For that candidates must follow a certain IBPS RRB Clerk preparation strategy. This can benefit the candidates in the IBPS RRB clerk preparation 2022. In this article are the details regarding IBPS RRB Clerk preparation 2022 and the IBPS RRB office assistant preparation 2022. Candidates who are preparing to appear for the examinations are requested to go through the complete articles.
IBPS RRB Clerk 2022: Important Topics to Cover
Candidates can follow the detailed syllabus of the IBPS RRB clerk examination to know more about the topics that have to be covered. The given below details will give you a heads up on the topics that have to be covered.
- Syllogism and Decision Making
- Linear, and Circular Seating Arrangements
- Distance and Directions
- Blood Relations
- Analogy and Classification
- Statements and Arguments and Assertion and Reasoning
- Statements and Conclusions
- Causes and Effect
- Alpha-Numeric Series and Figure Series
- Odd Man Out
- Word Formation
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Percentage, Ratio, and Proportion
- Permutation and Combination
- Number System
- HCF, and LCM
- Time and Work
- Time, Distance and Speed
- Mensuration, Geometry
- Problems on Clocks
- Charts, and Graphs
- Error spotting
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Para jumbles
- Phrases and Idioms
- Jumbled Words
- One word Substitution
- Sentence Improvements
- Phrases and Meanings
- History, Geography
- Indian Politics, Indian Constitution
- Sports & Technology
- Books and Authors and Inventions and Discoveries
- Countries, Capital, and Currency
- Who’s Who
- Current Affairs
- Software and Hardware Fundamentals
- MS office
- Networks and Databases
- History and Future of Computers
- Virus and Hacking
- Shortcuts, Abbreviations
- LAN and WAN
- MS Windows and MS Office
- Security Tools
- Spelling Correction
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Improvement
- Synonym, and Antonym
IBPS RRB Clerk Preparation Strategy 2022
IBPS clerk exam 2021 is going to be a tight competition for all those who are aspiring for the position. Candidates who wish to score better marks must prepare an active strategy for the preparation. Here are some working strategies to crack the English section in the IBPS Clerk exam 2021. Read further for the preparation strategy for the IBPS clerk 2021 exam.
Preparation for Prelims
The Preliminary exam is of 45 minutes duration with a maximum of 80 marks. Aspirants must clear the cut-off of each section in order to qualify for the Main exam.
|Section||Number of Questions/Maximum Marks|
- Although the preliminary exam is conducted only to short-list candidates for the Main exam and it is enough to clear the cut-off, aspirants are recommended to give the best shot in their preparation for the Preliminary exam. Both the sections of the prelims are there in the Main exam. Hence, preparing effectively for these two sections will help in the Main exam.
- The candidates should maintain proficiency in the English language. Good command over language can only help the candidates to fetch higher scores.
- The basic grammatical questions should be thoroughly revised.
- Basic knowledge in grammar is deemed inevitable.
- The aspiring candidates are requested to read the newspapers and magazines regularly.
- The candidates can take down the lecture notes or short notes on the new topics
- Study a minimum of ten new words daily
- Get in touch with the basic grammatical rules and structures
- Try to solve maximum English grammatical questions daily
Preparation strategy for IBPS RRB Numerical Ability
The numerical ability section is regarded as the most difficult section of the IBPS RRB Clerk exam 2022. The candidates should spend extra time and effort to crack this section.
- Candidates should study the formulas of individual topics and should be ready to recall them at any point in time
- Attend mock tests to solve the previous year question papers
- Learn the application method
- Try to improve the problem-solving skill
- Learn the easy ways/shortcuts to solve problems
- Revise regularly
- Try to solve the difficult questions papers
Preparation Strategy for Reasoning Ability
The candidates should be in apposition to understand the logic behind each topic so that they can solve the questions effectively. This section is highly scoring if you have understood the logic behind it
- Candidates should practice more questions
- The candidates should be well versed with the topic
- Understand the theory sections well.
Preparation Strategy for General Awareness
This section is solely dedicated to current affairs. The candidates should have a grip on current affairs.
- Candidates should read the newspaper daily
- Candidates should cover up the current affairs magazines of the last six months
- Take short notes on important topics so that the candidates can do a quick last-minute recap on the important topics.
IBPS RRB Clerk Exam Computer Aptitude
This section checks the basic knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- The candidates should spend daily 1 hour on this section
- The candidates should learn the processing of each part
- The basic knowledge about the internet is inevitable
- Practice with the previous year’s question paper.
- Engage with the non-descriptive questions first
- Practice puzzles to enhance accuracy.
IBPS RRB Clerk Preparation Strategy
The candidates should be well aware of the fact that the IBPS exam syllabus is vast. So, the candidates should decide upon the thrust areas to be covered. The candidate should learn how to manage time and dedicate time effectively to attempting each question.
- The candidates should be aware of the major aspects of the IBPS Clerk exam 2022.
- The candidates should visit the official website to get the official notification
- The candidate should be keen enough to understand the revised exam syllabus
- The pattern of the syllabus should be noted
- Visit the official website and learn everything related to the cut off marks
- Before beginning the preparation, read thoroughly the information related to the eligibility criteria for the IBPS Clerk examination 2022.
- Try to analyze the previous year’s question papers to get an idea about the difficulty level of the question paper.
- The candidates should practice with the mock test
- Test your performance potential daily
- Attempt all three levels of question papers, subject-wise and topic-wise questions should be thoroughly revised.
- Identify the most important books for the preparation
- Collect all the relevant study materials and prepare short notes on each topic
- Prepare a working timetable
- Allot more time for the weaker sections in the syllabus
- Fetch more lecture notes and relevant materials from e-sources
- Attempt online test series to measure the performance level.
- Try to learn new words and their meanings daily
- Enrich your vocabulary and increase the command over the language
- Read the newspaper, magazines, and Current affairs books regularly
- Understand The Examination Syllabus Thoroughly: One of the most important parts of your IBPS Clerk examination 2022 is being thorough with the exam syllabus. Without having a good knowledge of the different topics that come under each of the sections, you cannot plan the IBPS Clerk examination 2022 in the proper way.
- Identify Your Weaker Sections and Work on That: Since most of the topics are based on a basic, high school syllabus that has been studied earlier, you can identify the topics you are strong and weak respectively as you go through the syllabus. Identify your weaker spots and start focusing on them more so that good marks can be scored.
- Be Clear With The Concepts: Brush up on the fundamentals of every subject. This is very important for the topics which have mathematical as well as scientific formulas.
- Memorize The Formulas & Scientific Concepts: For the Arithmetic section, you need to remember a lot of formulas. Practice and memorize them by heart every time you have understood the concepts. The formulas can be made through in your mind with proper practice and strategic preparation. Also, the scientific concepts must be thorough with all candidates who wish to score a good rank as this is recruitment for technical posts.
Learn The Steps To Solve Questions: This is a must for all sections of the syllabus. Go through the example problems for this purpose. There are many simple ways to do the maths in the Arithmetic sections that will save your time as well as effort. Candidates are requested to be clear with such tricks before appearing for the examinations.
- Develop Reading Habits: For the General Awareness section, you need extensive reading as this section needs one to remember a lot of information on a wide range of topics. Candidates are requested to read newspapers daily as it is the main source of Current Affairs. Also, the candidates are requested to read a newspaper in their regional; language too.
- Make Notes: As you study, make sure to create notes of important points, formulas, steps, etc. This will help in better revision and will be extremely useful during revision.
- Solve Practice Questions: Every time you finish a concept, solve a sufficient number of questions. You must improve your application skills and problem-solving abilities. Refer to your notes and example problems if necessary. Candidates can also refer to the previous year’s question papers and also solve those to get a knack for examination.
- Take Mock Tests: Once you have finished all the topics in the syllabus of IBPS Clerk examination 2022, take IBPS Clerk examination 2022 mock tests on a regular basis. Evaluate yourself after every test and find out your weak topics. Thousands of Mock Tests created by experienced mentors are available at Entri.
IBPS RRB Clerk Preparation Tips 2022
- Develop a reading habit
- The study timetable should be realistic and active
- Set a time limit for each section
- Identify the trust areas
- Follow the timetable strictly and revise the topics with enthusiasm
- The candidates should identify their own strengths and weakness
- Relax in between
- Prepare a systematic study plan
- Detailed understanding of the topic is inevitable.
- Categorize the topics and fix a time for the preparation of each topic
- Take the advice and instructions from the previous aspirants
- Need a plan to approach and crack each topic
- Learn the theories, formulas, concepts, and the application level
- Devote more time for solving numerical and logical reasoning papers
- Revise the concepts without fail
- Regular revision should be part of the preparation
- Candidates can use the previous year question paper to practice
- The candidates can visit the official website to get the previous year question paper
- The mock tests are available at 24*7 affordable prices
- The candidates can practice the mock test to increase the concentration
- The candidates should learn to solve the questions fast
- Along with the mock test, candidates can also depend upon the audio lectures, YouTube video classes and special sections on each topic
- The candidates shall adopt a crude, systematic and comprehensive study method to crack the examination
- Candidates should learn to handle the questions effectively
- The candidates should frame the answers for the questions every time they sit for study
- Candidates should try to be self-critical and should be in a position to self-assess the individual performance
- Boost the level of the preparation
- Enhance the potential by constant effort
- Build up the confidence to crack the examination.
- Revise and reread the topics and learn the tricks to crack the questions tactically
- (a) Creation of Short Notes: When you study topic-wise concepts make sure don’t forget to make short notes of tricks and formulas. This can be used for a last-minute revision of all the topics.
- (b) Attempt as many IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mock Tests as possible
- Since the time duration is limited in the exam, daily practice 2 to 3 mock tests for a complete analysis of those papers. And while taking practice mocks you can try different ways to attempt the questions i.e.,
- In reasoning, try to solve the puzzles/ seating arrangements first and then coding and decoding and then singlets, etc., and next time you just start with the other topics. So by doing this you will get to know which topic you are more comfortable to start and the order of preference in which to attempt questions in the exam.
- In quantitative, try the Data Interpretation first and then number series, miscellaneous, etc. and next time try with other topics until you find out about your strength and weakness.
Hence, these mock tests will not only help you give speed and accuracy but also a clear idea of choosing the order of topics in which to attempt in the exam. This will give you an idea about how to save your time and increase the attempt rate during the exam. So you just try out these things while taking the practice mocks.
- These days you can see so many surprises in the bank exams i.e., introducing the new type of questions, pattern and also sectional timing. So you need to be ready for any such surprises in the IBPS RRB Office Assistant exam.
- (c) A clear idea of Previous Year Cutoff: To get an idea of how many correct attempts to make in the IBPS RRB Exam, you should have a clear idea of the previous year exam analysis and cutoff. If the paper level is easy and has less number of vacancies then the cutoff will go high. That means the cutoff depends on both the exam level and also on the number of vacancies. So don’t come to a conclusion by just looking at the cutoff. Every year it may vary.
IBPS RRB Clerk Mock Test 2022
The given below links will redirect candidates to various subject wise mock tests for the IBPS RRB Clerk examination 2022.
|IBPS RRB Clerk prelims free mock test||Click here|
|IBPS RRB Clerk mains mock test||Click here|
|IBPS Clerk English language mock test||Click here|
|IBPS Clerk General Awareness mock test||Click here|
|IBPS Clerk Quantitative Aptitude mock test||Click here|
|IBPS Clerk reasoning ability mock test||Click here|
IBPS RRB Clerk Previous Question Paper PDF
IBPS examinations are one of the most awaited and anticipated banking examinations in the country. For the candidates who are preparing for the examination, it is very important to get an overall idea regarding the type of questions asked and the difficulty level that can be anticipated in the examination. For this previous year, IBPS RRB clerk question papers can be used. The candidates will also get detailed solutions along with answers in the IBPS RRB Clerk previous year’s question paper PDFs attached below.
|IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims question paper 1||Click here|
|IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims question paper 2||Click here|
|IBPS RRB Clerk mains question paper 1||Click here|
|IBPS RRB Clerk mains question paper 2||Click here|
IBPS RRB Clerk Selection Process 2022
IBPS RRBClerk 2022 selection process comprises of two phases only. There will not be any interview process for qualified candidates for the post of Clerk. Selection will be purely based on the marks obtained by the candidate in his/her Mains Examination. The exam will be conducted in two phases – Preliminary Examination and Main Examination. Below given is the RRB Clerk Exam Pattern for Preliminary and main examination.
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
The preliminary round is the first stage of the recruitment procedure and candidates who clear the specific cut-off decided by the commission in the preliminary round can appear for the main examination. The final rank list will be decided on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the main examination.
IBPS RRB Clerk 2022 Preliminary Examination
The preliminary Examination will consist of objective type questions and the exam will be held online. The question paper will be bilingual (English/Hindi).
|Subject||No.of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning||40||40||Composite time of 45 minutes|
Note:- Candidates qualified in the Preliminary Examination can appear for Main Examination.
IBPS RRB Clerk 2022 Main Examination
The Main Examination will consist of objective type questions and the exam will be held online. The question paper will be bilingual (English/Hindi).
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning||40||50||Composite Time of 2 hours|
|English Language / Hindi Language||40||40|
NB:- Candidates will be selected for the final merit list based on the marks obtained in the main examination only. The provisional allotment for the post of Office Assistant shall be restricted within the RRBs of the State opted for.
Also, there will be a penalty of one-fourth of the marks, assigned to that question, for every wrong answer marked. Negative marking will be there for both Prelims and Mains Test.
Language Proficiency Test
Candidates qualified must be proficient in the language specified by RRB’s. Candidates who have already studied the language of the State in std VIII or any level above Government recognized Boards of Education/ School or have any certificate of std VIII or any level above std VIII would be considered proficient in that local language. If the candidate does not meet the requirement in the local language at the time of selection, he will be given a time of six months from the date of joining to acquire the proficiency. This period can be extended by the Boards of RRB’s within the framework of the rules and provided that such extension should not be beyond the probation period.
IBPS RRB 2022 Exam Pattern
The preliminary exam of IBPS RRB examination is an online exam testing a candidate on the basis of their aptitude, intellect, and English. There are three sections in total and the candidate must clear the cut-off of each section to proceed to the mains exam round.
|Topic||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
Composite time of 45 minutes
Both Preliminary Exam and Mains Exam will be conducted bilingually, i.e. both in English and in Hindi. Let’s have a look at the IBPS RRB clerk mains exam pattern 2022 so as to get a clear idea about the examination.
|Topic||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|Language – English / Hindi||40||40|
Penalty for Wrong Answers
There will be a penalty for incorrect responses marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty to arrive at a corrected score. If a question is left blank.
Score Calculation for IBPS RRB Exam
The accurate scores received by each of the competitors in different sessions will be normalized using the equi-percentile method. Scores up to two decimal points shall be considered for the total calculations.
IBPS RRB Cut-off Score (Online Main examination)
Each applicant will be expected to achieve a minimum score in each test of the Online Main Examination and also a minimum complete score to be considered for more processes. Depending on the number of State/ UT wise vacancies available, cut-offs will be decided and candidates will be considered for temporary allotment. Before the completion of the provisional allotment process scores obtained in the Online Main Examination will not be shared with the candidates.
IBPS RRB Clerk Cut Off
The IBPS RRB office assistant cut-off is not yet published by the commission. The candidates can prepare a working strategy to crack the upcoming IBPS RRB office assistant examination with the help of the cut-off. The cut-off marks will be released on the official website after the completion of the examination. The cut-off marks can decide the possibility of judging the chances of selection of the individual candidates.
IBPS RRB Clerk Vacancy 2022
the complete details regarding the posts nd the vacaies that is been identified by the commission for each year is published through the official notification published by the commission. Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has not yet published the official notification for the year 2022 yet and it is expected that the notification will be published in the second half of the year 2022. Soas the official notification is not published the details regarding the IBPS RRB clerk vacancy 2022 state wise and IBPS RRB Clerk 2022 vacancy 2022 state wise is not available at the moment. The entire details and the post wise, category wise and state wise vacancy details will be updated here as the commission published the official notification through their official website.
BPS RRB Office Assistant Posts List 2022
Commission has not yet published the official notification for the year 2022 and because of that, the official information regarding the vacant posts is not yet available now. As per the official information from IBPS, the number of vacancies available for the year 2021 for RRB Office Assistant posts is 5000+. The total available vacant posts are categorized state-wise as well as bank-wise. Here is the detailed posts list for IBPS RRB Office assistant 2021 for the reference of the candidates. Candidates can check the IBPS RRB Clerk post list state-wise and IBPS RRB office assistant list state-wise using the details given below.
|State||Regional Rural Bank||Vacancies|
|Andhra Pradesh||Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank||NR|
|Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank||183|
|Saptagiri Grameena Bank||160|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank||03|
|Assam||Assam Gramin Vikash Bank||137|
|Bihar||Dakshin Bihar Gramin Bank||130|
|Uttar Bihar Gramin Bank||554|
|Chhattisgarh||Chhattisgarh Rajya Gramin Bank||71|
|Gujarat||Baroda Gujarat Gramin Bank||266|
|Saurashtra Gramin Bank||60|
|Haryana||Sarva Haryana Gramin Bank||297|
|Himachal Pradesh||Himachal Pradesh Gramin Bank||145|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Ellaquai Dehati Bank||12|
|J & K Grameen Bank||76|
|Jharkhand||Jharkhand Rajya Gramin Bank||67|
|Karnataka||Karnataka Gramin Bank||0|
|Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank||0|
|Kerala||Kerala Gramin Bank||0|
|Madhya Pradesh||Madhya Pradesh Gramin Bank||185|
|Madhyanchal Gramin Bank||20|
|Maharashtra||Maharashtra Gramin Bank||362|
|Vidharbha Konkan Gramin Bank||0|
|Manipur||Manipur Rural Bank||7|
|Meghalaya||Meghalaya Rural Bank||6|
|Mizoram||Mizoram Rural Bank||6|
|Nagaland||Nagaland Rural Bank||2|
|Odisha||Odisha Gramya Bank||0|
|Utkal Grameen Bank||71|
|Puducherry||Puduvai Bharathiar Grama Bank||4|
|Punjab||Punjab Gramin Bank||156|
|Rajasthan||Baroda Rajasthan Kshetriya Gramin Bank||147|
|Rajasthan Marudhara Gramin Bank||162|
|Tamil Nadu||Tamil Nadu Grama Bank||368|
|Telangana||Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank||267|
|Telangana Grameena Bank||140|
|Tripura||Tripura Gramin Bank||39|
|Uttar Pradesh||Baroda UP Gramin Bank||1071|
|Kashi Gomti Samyut Gramin Bank||—|
|Prathama UP Gramin Bank||338|
|Uttarakhand||Uttarakhand Gramin Bank||48|
|West Bengal||Paschim Banga Gramin Bank||100|
|Uttar Banga Kshetriya Gramin Bank||0|
|Bangiya Gramin Vikash Bank||178|
IBPS RRB Clerk Study Plan 2022
The IBPS RRB Office Assistant Recruitment is a two-stage process, consisting of two written examinations. The prominent two selection rounds include the Preliminary Exam, the Mains Exam. For a candidate to design an effective IBPS RRB plan for the exam, he/she must be aware of the exam pattern and syllabus well in advance. This will help the aspirant to have a deeper understanding of where he/she stands in terms of readiness to face the examination.
Let us go through some of the go-to methods to plan your study and ace the IBPS RRB Office Assistant Exam. The given below is the IBPS RRB Clerk prelims study plan and IBPS RRB clerk mains study plan for the year 2022 that candidates can follow for preparation.
|Day 1||Logical Reasoning|
· Bad Loans
· Risk Management
· BASEL I
· BASEL II
· BASEL III
· Organisations – RBI, SEBI, IMF, World
· Bank & Others
|Day 3||Alphanumeric Series|
· Statement and Assumption
· Assertion and Reason
· Statement and Conclusion
· Statement and Arguments
· Statements and Action Courses
|Day 5||· Inequalities
· Economic Survey
· Banking Banking Reforms in India
· Bank Accounts of Special Individuals
· Asset Reconstruction Companies
· Non Performing Assets
· Restructuring of Loans
|Day 7||Seating Arrangement|
|Day 10||· Puzzle
· Case Studies Charts and Graphs
· Permutation & Combination
|Day 17||Profit and Loss|
|Day 18||Number Series|
|Day 19||Time and Work|
|Day 20||Mixtures and Allegations|
|Day 21||Simple and Compound Interest|
|Day 22||· Time and Distance
· Currencies & Capitals
· General Science
IBPS RRB Office Assistant preparation, like any other banking exam, needs one to stay focused and goal-oriented. However, with the right kind of IBPS RRB study material and IBPS RRB preparation plan, your success is guaranteed. Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Entri App provides you the best preparation opportunities for your dream job. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.