IBPS Prelims exam will be conducted shortly and this will be followed by the IBPS RRB Mains Exam. To crack prelims and mains exams you should not focus only on completing the entire syllabus. In fact, cracking these competitive exams needs a lot of hard work and preparation. One must have various skills, like time management, the ability to select the right questions to answer, etc along with academic knowledge. In this article, we will discuss How to Crack IBPS RRB Office Assistant Exam 2021.
How to Crack IBPS RRB Office Assistant Exam 2021?
To start with, you will need to have complete knowledge about the IBPS RRB Assistant Office exam pattern. This will help you plan your preparation. The exam consists of two phases – Preliminary and Main. The exam pattern is different for the prelims and main and hence your preparation should also be planned accordingly.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Preparation Plan & Strategy
- (a) Creation of Short Notes: When you study topic-wise concepts make sure don’t forget to make short notes of tricks and formulas. This can be used for a last-minute revision of all the topics.
- (b) Attempt as many IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mock Tests as possible
- Since the time duration is limited in the exam, daily practice 2 to 3 mock tests for a complete analysis of those papers. And while taking practice mocks you can try different ways to attempt the questions i.e.,
- In reasoning, try to solve the puzzles/ seating arrangements first and then coding and decoding and then singlets, etc., and next time you just start with the other topics. So by doing this you will get to know which topic you are more comfortable to start and the order of preference in which to attempt questions in the exam.
- In quantitative, try the Data Interpretation first and then number series, miscellaneous, etc. and next time try with other topics until you find out about your strength and weakness.
Hence, these mock tests will not only help you give speed and accuracy but also a clear idea of choosing the order of topics in which to attempt in the exam. This will give you an idea about how to save your time and increase the attempt rate during the exam. So you just try out these things while taking the practice mocks.
- These days you can see so many surprises in the bank exams i.e., introducing the new type of questions, pattern and also sectional timing. So you need to be ready for any such surprises in the IBPS RRB Office Assistant exam.
- (c) A clear idea of Previous Year Cutoff: To get an idea of how many correct attempts to make in the IBPS RRB Exam, you should have a clear idea of the previous year exam analysis and cutoff. If the paper level is easy and has less number of vacancies then the cutoff will go high. That means the cutoff depends on both the exam level and also on the number of vacancies. So don’t come to a conclusion by just looking at the cutoff. Every year it may vary.
How to Crack IBPS RRB Office Assistant Exam 2021: Preparation for Prelims
The Preliminary exam is of 45 minutes duration with a maximum of 80 marks. Aspirants must clear the cut-off of each section in order to qualify for the Main exam.
|Section||Number of Questions/Maximum Marks|
Although the preliminary exam is conducted only to short-list candidates for the Main exam and it is enough to clear the cut-off, aspirants are recommended to give the best shot in their preparation for the Preliminary exam. Both the sections of the prelims are there in the Main exam. Hence, preparing effectively for these two sections will help in the Main exam.
Preparation Tips For Reasoning
If you do not have sufficient time, you can first focus on the important chapters and master them. Once that is achieved you can concentrate on other chapters.
|Important Chapters for Reasoning|
|1. Coding and Decoding|
|5. Seating Arrangements|
|6. Blood Relations|
In reasoning, at first, it is always better to solve the questions which can be answered quickly and of your strong area and then take up time-consuming ones.
Preparation Tips for Numerical Ability
The Numerical Ability section involves remembering innumerable formulas. Consequently, this section is difficult to handle. If learning the formulas and solving lots of practice questions is done side-by-side, it will become easier for you with time. For this reason, candidates must:
- a) Note down all the formulas when they are learning a new chapter
- b) Solve p questions with increasing difficulty level; solve them by keeping a check on time
- c) Mark questions that you found difficult to solve and revise them later
- d) Go through the formulae regularly
In numerical ability, always solve the questions which can be answered quickly at first and then take up time-consuming ones. You can decide this by taking mock tests. But it’s better to prefer the first Quadratic equation, Number series, and then DI and Miscellaneous. Because in the IBPS RRB Office Assistant exam they will give quadratic and number series questions easy to moderate, which can be solved easily.
Given below are the important topics included in the numerical ability section:
|Important Chapters for Numerical Ability|
|2. Number Series|
|3. Quadratic Equation|
|4. Data Interpretation|
|6. Profit and Loss|
How to Crack IBPS RRB Office Assistant Exam 2021: Preparation for Mains
The Main exam has five sections. The number of questions and maximum marks for each section are tabulated as below:
|Section||Number of Questions/Maximum Marks|
|English or Hindi Language||40/40|
The Main exam is of 2 hours duration.
For the Reasoning and Numerical Ability sections, follow the same preparation plan as in the Prelims.
Preparation for General Awareness
This section contains questions related to general knowledge and current affairs.
|Important Topics For General Awareness|
|1. Banking news- current bank rates, RBI guidelines, etc.|
|2. Economic policies|
|3. Budget, Finance, etc.|
In order to score higher in this section, you must:
- a) Read newspapers regularly
- b) Keep a note of important points, dates, policies, events, who’s who, current bank rates, RBI guidelines, etc.
Preparation For English/Hindi Language
This section tests your knowledge of basic English/Hindi.
|Important Topics For English/Hindi Language|
|3. Basic grammar rules – Spotting errors|
|4. Fill in the blanks|
|5. Cloze test|
In order to ace this section, you must:
- a) Read newspapers and magazines regularly
- b) Learn new words, their meaning, and usage every day.
- c) Revise the basic grammatical rules like parts of speech, voice change, narration, etc.
- d) Practice questions
Preparation for Computer Knowledge
This section tests your knowledge about basic computer software and hardware.
|Important Topics For Computer Knowledge|
|2. Operating System|
|3. MS Office – Word, Excel, etc.|
|4. Keyboard shortcuts|
This section is easy. You can finish this section efficiently if you spend only one hour daily.
You need to identify the areas you are weak at and work upon them. This, in turn, will help you to improve your score with each mock test you take. Ultimately, this will help you score higher in the actual exam.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant preparation, like any other banking exam, needs one to stay focused and goal-oriented. However, with the right kind of IBPS RRB study material and IBPS RRB preparation plan, your success is guaranteed.