The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) recruits candidates for various Group A and B posts of Regional Rural Banks (RRB) in India. Group A posts include Scale- 1,2,3 officers like Assistant Manager, General Banking Officer (Manager), Specialist Officers (Manager), Senior Manager. IBPS already released IBPS RRB 2022 Notification on its official website ibps.in. In this article let us check the IBPS RRB PO Eligibility Criteria 2022 – Age Limit. IBPS RRB PO eligibility 2022 will consist of the important specifications related to the IBPS RRB PO age limit and IBPS RRB officer educational qualification. The candidates will also have to follow the details related to the IBPS RRB officer eligibility criteria and IBPS RRB PO nationality requirements. The specifications related to the eligibility criteria will be mentioned in the official notification published by the authorities of the Institution.
IBPS RRB PO 2022 Eligibility Criteria
IBPS RRB PO qualification will be according to the type of jobs that will be assigned to the individuals by the Institute of Banking personnel selection and the candidates will also have to follow the experience qualifications provided by the authorities in their official notification published on their official website. You have to take into consideration various certificates in order to prove your age and your educational qualifications to the concerned authorities of the Institute of Banking personnel selection. The candidates will have to get the certificate from the concerned government authorities. The basic eligibility criteria for this we can see will consist of age limit and also educational qualifications including the experience qualifications and the nationality qualifications.
There is a proper eligibility criterion that the candidates must follow if they want to be included in the entrance examination conducted by the authorities of the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection and the candidates who will pass the IBPS RRB PO 2022 eligibility criteria will be allowed to go to the preliminary examination stage presented by the authorities. Given below we are sharing some of the most important specifications related to the eligibility criteria that you must follow in order to fill up the application form presented by the authorities.
Age limit (As of July 1, 2022)
Officer Scale- I (Assistant Manager)
18 to 30 years of age
Officer Scale- II (Manager)
21 to 32 years of age
Officer Scale- III (Senior Manager)
21 to 40 years of age
Office Assistant (Multipurpose)
18 to 28 years of age
|Category||Age relaxation in years|
|In the case of Ex-servicemen commissioned officers, including ECOs/ SSCOs, who have rendered at least 5 years of military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within the next one year from the last date for receipt of application) other than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability attributable to military service, subject to the ceiling as per Government guidelines||5 years|
|Widows, Divorced women and women
legally separated from their husbands
who have not remarried
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1-1-80 to 31-12-89||5 years|
IBPS RRB PO 2022 Educational Qualification
All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognised by Govt. Of India/ approved by Government. Proper document from Board / University for having declared the result has to be submitted at the time of interview for the posts of Officers (Scale I, II and III). The candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA / OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into a percentage and indicated in the online application. Given below, we are sharing the details of the IBPS RRB PO 2022 Educational Qualification.
|Officer Scale-I (Assistant Manager)||i. Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent Preference will be given to the candidates having a degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics or Accountancy;
ii. Proficiency in local language as prescribed by the participating RRB/s*
iii. Desirable: working knowledge of Computer.
|Officer Scale-II General Banking Officer (Manager)||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Preference will be given to the candidates having degrees in Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics and Accountancy.
|Two years as an officer in a Bank or Financial Institution.|
|Officer Scale-II Specialist Officers (Manager)||Information Technology Officer
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University in Electronics / Communication / Computer Science / Information Technology or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Desirable:
Certificate in ASP, PHP, C++, Java, VB, VC, OCP etc.
|One year (in the relevant field)|
Certified Associate (CA) from Institute of Chartered Accountants of of India.
|One Year as a Chartered Accountant.|
Degree from a recognized University in Law or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
|Two years as an advocate or should have worked as Law Officer in Banks or Financial Institutions for a period of not less than two years|
Chartered Accountant or MBA in Finance from a recognized university/ institution
|One Year (in the relevant field)|
MBA in Marketing from a recognized university
|One Year (in the relevant field)|
Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Dairy/ Animal Husbandry/ Forestry/ Veterinary Science/ Agricultural Engineering/ Pisciculture from a recognized university or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate
|Two Years (in the relevant field)|
|Officer Scale-III (Senior Manager)||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Preference will be given to the candidates having Degree/ Diploma in Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Co-operation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics and Accountancy.
|Minimum 5 years experience as an Officer in a Bank or Financial Institutions|
There are proper eligibility criteria as per the other nationalities of the candidates that the candidates need to follow and you will also have to produce a certificate related to your address proof in order to be eligible to get all of the benefits presented by the authorities to the citizens of India. You will have to produce your identity card or your electricity bill in order to prove your address with the application form. To apply for the IBPS RRB vacancies, the candidate must be either a-
- (i) a Citizen of India or
- (ii) a subject of Nepal or
- (iii) a subject of Bhutan or
- (iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- For candidates other than citizen of India and falling under the rest of the categories mentioned above has to present a certificate of eligibility by the Government of India.
Proficiency in Language Criteria
- Candidates applying for a state should have studied that state language up to grade 8 at least in government recognised boards.
- If candidates do not meet the requirement in the local language at the time of selection then he/she/they will be given a time of six months from the date of joining to acquire the proficiency.
IBPS RRB PO 2022 Persons with Disability Criteria
The candidates can apply for IBPS RRB 2022 examination under PwD category if they suffer from the disability not less than 40% certified by Medical Board. The candidates will only be provided with the benefits after they have successfully produced the details related to their disability with the application form submitted at the very first stage of the application procedure presented by the Institute of Banking personnel selection. PwD category includes candidates with the following disabilities:
- Visually Impaired category includes candidates with total blindness, visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses and limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degrees or worse.
- Visually Impaired candidates (who suffer from not less than 40% of disability) may opt to view the contents of the test in the magnified font. They will also be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour.
- The facility of viewing the contents of the test in magnifying font will not be available to Visually Impaired candidates who use the services of a Scribe for the examination.
- Deaf and Hearing Impaired means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies. Such candidates experience total loss of hearing ability in both ears.
- Orthopedically Challenged candidates who have a locomotor disability or cerebral palsy with locomotor impairment of a minimum of 40% can apply for IBPS RRB under this category.
- A compensatory time of twenty minutes per hour shall be permitted for the candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy (minimum of 40% impairment).
- A Compensatory time of twenty minutes per hour of examination, either availing the services of a scribe or not, shall be permitted to the candidates with more than 40% Intellectual Disability (autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness).
Guidelines Persons with Disability Criteria
The candidates who are included in the physically disabled categories have to follow certain guidelines that will help them to give the entrance examination without any problem and difficulty. Given below, we are sharing some of the guidelines issued by the authorities especially for people suffering from various disorders. The candidates are also requested to produce a certificate in order to use the benefits provided for certain categories. Make sure that you are submitting the paperwork with your application form.
Candidates Using Scribe
Candidates whose writing speed is adversely affected due to their disability can use a scribe at his/their own risk. The candidate who chooses to sit with a scribe must acquaint the scribe with the following rules that are applicable in IBPS RRB 2022 examination-
- The scribe will not be arranged by IBPS RRB 2022 examination committee, the candidate will have to arrange for a scribe at his or her own cost.
- The scribe arranged by the candidate can belong to any stream but if a candidate sitting for the post of Specialist’s Officers arranges for a scribe, he/she must keep in mind that the scribe must be from an academically different stream from that prescribed for the post.
- An undertaking must be signed by the scribe as well as the candidate confirming that the scribe fulfils all the eligibility conditions required by IBPS.
- Those candidates who use a scribe shall be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes or otherwise advised for every hour of the examination.
- Scribe requirements must be mentioned in the application form along with the request for time concession.
- If the candidate or scribe fails to follow rules and regulations laid down by IBPS RRB 2022, both candidate, as well as a scribe, will be held guilty and the candidature of the candidate shall stand cancelled along with disciplinary actions as applicable.
Guidelines for candidates with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy
- Candidates with a minimum of 40% impairment shall be provided with the concession of 20 minutes per hour in the writing section if locomotor disability and cerebral palsy hinder performance.
Guidelines for Visually Impaired Candidates
- Visually impaired candidates can opt for the contents of the IBPS RRB question paper to be magnified in the font. Such candidates shall be given extra 20 minutes for every hour or otherwise advised of examination. However, the magnifying facility shall not be available for the candidates who opt for scribe.
How to Apply Online For IBPS RRB PO 2022?
The candidates will only be able to fill up the application form for the Institute of Banking personnel selection RRB department vacancies online through the official website of the organisation and the application form must be filled up with the important details related to the personal information of the candidates much is the information related to their educational criteria and previous experience. The candidates must also keep their documents safe and secure while applying for these prestigious vacancies presented by the organisation because you will have to upload the documents as per the rules mentioned on the official web page.
- Firstly, aspirants have to log in to the official site of IBPS.
- Then, keep all the necessary documents to be submitted ready- including a photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm), signature, left thumb impression, valid E-mail ID of the candidate and online payment ( Officer (Scale 1, 2, 3)
– Rs. 175/- for SC/ST/PWBD candidates.
– Rs. 850/- for all others. However, the payment can be done in any of the below-mentioned methods: Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- Next, Click on the Home Page to open the link “CRP for RRBs” and then click on the appropriate option.
- Then click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” to register their application by entering their basic information in the online application form.
- After that, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. The candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password.
- After that, upload the – Photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm), Signature, Left thumb impression, and handwritten declaration.
- Prior to submission of the online application, candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required.
- Finally, on the successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated.
- Do not forget to take a printout of the application procedure for future reference.
IBPS RRB PO 2022 Application Fees
There are a lot of different categories available who will be applying for the entrance examination conducted by the Institute of Banking personnel selection for the RRB vacancies and they will have to pay a certain amount of application fees. The application fees are different for the different people belonging to various categories included in the entrance examination. Given below we are sharing the specifications related to the application fees that you need to submit for the various categories of the candidate.