Table of Contents
Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC) has released a notification on 30th April 2022 (Category No: 113/2022) regarding recruitment of Scientific Officer. The Commission has invited applications to recruit Scientific Officers from interested and qualified candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes of Kerala state. The notification is available online on the official portal of the Commission – keralapsc.gov.in. Applications must be submitted online only through the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission. The candidate must be aware that the one-time registration is the key step in the enrolling process. The last date for submitting the application is 1st June 2022.
The recruitment is conducted periodically based on the vacancy. This is a golden opportunity for aspirants to secure a government job. The exam date has not yet been announced. All the notifications and information will be released by the Commission through the official website.
Kerala PSC Scientific Officer Recruitment Overview 2022
|Name of recruiting organization||Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC)|
|Name of department||Kerala Police Service (Forensic Science
|Name of post||Scientific Officer (Biology)|
|Number of vacancies||SC/ ST-1 (One), ST only -1(One)|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of recruitment||Direct Recruitment (Special Recruitment from Scheduled
Castes/Scheduled Tribes & Scheduled
Tribes Only )
Kerala PSC Scientific Officer Recruitment Important Dates 2022
|Commencement of online application||30th April 2022|
|Last date for online application||Wednesday, 1st June 2022 (until 12 midnight)|
|Exam date||Yet to be announced|
|Result declaration||Yet to be announced|
Kerala PSC Scientific Officer Vacancies 2022
There is currently one vacancy for Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe and one for Scheduled Tribe only for the post of Scientific Officer. The Ranked list of selected candidates published by the Commission shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year and a maximum period of three years provided that the said list will not continue to be in force if a new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year is published. Recruitment will be made for this vacancy and also for the vacancies reported during the pendency of the list.
Applications received from candidates other than Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe candidates will be rejected. Individual communications regarding the rejection of their applications for the above reason will not be issued.
Kerala PSC Scientific Officer Salary 2022
Candidates recruited for the post of Scientific Officer will be paid a handsome monthly salary of Rs. 51400 to Rs. 110300. Apart from the monthly salary, employees of Kerala government organizations are eligible for allowances like Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), Travel Allowances etc. according to the guidelines of the Commission.
Kerala PSC Scientific Officer Eligibility Criteria
The Public Service Commission has a set of criteria to shortlist eligible candidates for the post of Scientific Officer. All applicants need to ensure that they possess all the requirements laid by the Commission. Applications of the candidates who do not meet the criteria will be rejected. Read on to know about the eligibility criteria for the post of Scientific Officer.
Applicants should be in the age limit of 20 to 41 years. Only candidates born between 2nd January 1981
and 1st January 2002 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for this post. No other age relaxation will be allowed. In the absence of qualified candidates within the age limit the upper age limit shall be relaxed up to 50 years. But in no case the maximum age limit shall exceed 50 (Fifty) years.
Post Graduate Degree in Botany/ Zoology with not less than 50% marks from a recognized University.
- M. Phil Degree in Botany/ Zoology from a recognized University.
- Two years Research /Analytical experience in Botany/ Zoology from a recognized Institution
- Candidates who claim higher/ equivalent qualification instead of qualification mentioned in the notification shall produce the relevant Government Order to prove the equivalency at the time of verification, then only such qualification shall be treated as equivalent to the prescribed qualification concerned. Candidates claiming equivalent/ higher qualifications on the basis of relevant provisions in the notification must produce higher/equivalency certificate from the concerned institution/ orders of Government in proof of equivalency.
- Experience Certificate should be in the format mentioned in the official document.
Requirements for Experience Certificate
- The post held or nature of assignment should be specified.
- All Experience Certificates shall be duly certified by the concerned Controlling Officer/ Head of Office of the Government. The Genuineness of the Certificate shall be subjected to verification and legal action will be taken against those who issue and produce bogus Certificate.
- The experience, qualification prescribed for appointment shall be acquired after obtaining the basic essential Post Graduate Qualification.
Candidates must be certified to possess the visual standards specified below with/ without glass. Each eye must have a full field of vision and color blindness will be a disqualification. Candidates shall produce a medical certificate (Original) at the time of verification certifying the visual standards specified above(including the field of vision and color blindness) obtained from a Medical officer of or above the rank of an Assistant surgeon.
|Right Eye||Left Eye|
|Distant Vision||6/6 Snellen||6/6 Snellen|
|Near Vision||.5 Snellen||.5 Snellen|
The medical certificate should be in the form specified in the official notification.
Kerala PSC Scientific Officer Application Process
- Candidates should go through the official notification to ensure that they satisfy all the criteria laid by the Commission.
- Applications must be submitted online through the official website of the Commission – keralapsc.gov.in
- Applicants must first register through One Time Registration.
- Once registration is done, candidates can proceed to apply online. Those who have already registered can skip the registration process.
- Candidates who have Aadhaar card should add Aadhaar card as I.D proof in their profile.
- Login using your user ID and password.
- Click on the ‘Apply now’ button of the notification regarding Scientific Officer recruitment.
- Fill all the details carefully and upload the photo and other required documents. The name of the candidate and the date of the photograph taken should be printed legibly at the bottom portion. The photograph uploaded should be taken after 31st December 2012. In the case of candidates who are creating a new profile the uploaded photograph must be taken within 6 months. The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading.
- Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application on the profile candidates must ensure correctness of the information in their profile. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. However, the applications can be rejected if any noncompliance with the notification is found during the processing stage.
- If a Written/OMR/Online Test is conducted as part of this selection, candidates should submit a confirmation for writing the examination through their One Time Registration profile. Such candidates alone can generate and download the Admission Tickets. The applications of candidates who do not submit confirmation within the stipulated period, will be rejected
- Candidates can take the printout of the application by clicking on the link ‘My applications’ in their profile.
There is no application fee for this post.
- Certificates to prove Educational qualification
- Experience certificate in the format prescribed by the Commission
- Certificates as proof of age
- Caste Certificate
- If the caste of the candidates is wrongly mentioned in their SSLC book, they should claim their original caste in their application and should produce Community/NCLC certificate issued from concerned revenue authority and the gazette notification for the same at the time of certificate
- Personal ID card – Aadhar card, PAN card, Driving license( any one)
Candidates shall appear in person for verification of the original documents on the date, time, and venue allotted by the Commission, at their own expense.
General information when uploading Photograph
- The photo to be uploaded can be in Color/ black and white.
- The face and shoulder of the candidate should be clearly visible
- Photo should be of 200 pixels height and 150 pixels width
- The file size should not exceed 30kb and it should be in JPG format
- The background of the photo should be either light-colored or white in color
- The eyes should be open
- Face should be centrally focused
- Photograph wearing cap goggles, (except cap, veil worn in adherence to religious custom), photographs showing a portion of the face, photo with unclear face shall not be accepted.
Kerala PSC Scientific Officer Selection Process
If required, the Commission will conduct an OMR/ written exam to shortlist eligible candidates for the post of Scientific Officer. Those who qualify in the written exam will be called for an interview and subsequently for document verification. Disciplinary action will be taken against those candidates who submit application for the post with false claims of possession of prescribed qualification, experience etc. and give confirmation for examination, irrespective of whether they have appeared or not for the examination. Those who qualify in the written exam will be called for an interview and document verification. Questions asked during the interview will be related to the subject.
Any persons appointed to the post by Direct recruitment shall undergo 6 months training in all branches of Forensic Science in the Forensic Science Laboratory. They shall also undergo a training in that discipline of Forensic Science which will be dealt with in the division of Forensic Science laboratory to which he/ she will be appointed in a Forensic Science laboratory or in the National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science (NICFS), Government of India, New Delhi or similar institution to be decided by the Government on the advice of the Director General of Police for a minimum period of six months or for such period/ periods is required to complete the course of training in the institution/ institutions to which he/ she is deputed. The period of training and transit will be in service and treated as duty.
A trainee will be entitled to draw an amount equal to the minimum of the scale of pay of the post and the
usual allowances. He will also be eligible for travelling allowances for to and fro journeys and journeys incidental to the training at the rates admissible to the officers drawing pay at the minimum of the scale of pay of the post under Kerala Service Rules.
Every person appointed to this post should pass the Account Test for Executive Officers or Account Test (Lower) during the probation period if he has not already passed the test.
Every person appointed to the post shall on completion of the training, be on probation for a total period of two years on duty within a continuous period of three years.
Every person appointed to the post shall execute a Bond in such form as may be prescribed by the Government to serve the State Government for a minimum period of 5 years , after completion of training , failing which he will be liable to pay a sum of Rs.25,000(Rupees Twenty Five Thousand Only) a
liquidated damages to the Government in addition to the actual cost of training assessed by the Accountant General (A&E), Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram.
Kerala PSC Scientific Officer Exam Pattern
The written exam will be of 100 marks. There will be total of 100 questions. The duration of the exam will be one hour and fifteen minutes. Every right answer will be awarded one mark and there will be a negative marking of 1/3 mark for every wrong answer.
|Topic||Medium of Exam||Number of questions||Total Marks|
Kerala PSC Scientific Officer Syllabus
- Biomolecules and Biochemical Techniques
- Nutrition and Biochemical basis of diseases
- Metabolism and Enzymology
- Molecular Biology and immunology
- Structural and Solid State Chemistry
- Stereochemistry and Spectroscopy in Organic Compounds
- Theoretical Chemistry and Kinetics
- Instrumentation methods in Chemical Analysis
- Forensic Science
- Physical Evidences
- Forensic Medicines
- Fire and Arson
- Computer Forensics
- Biology and Serology
- Tool Marks
The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, Entri App has got it covered for you. Entri App provides a great online platform for all those aspiring to appear for various bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts provide short and precise video classes which helps in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions.