Secretariat Assistant is one of the most sought-after government jobs in Kerala. It is a rank list which helps graduates secure a job in major organizations of Kerala like Government Secretariat, Public Service Commission, Local Fund Audit, Advocate General’s Office and Anti Corruption Bureau. Graduates would have to appear for the Kerala psc examination to be a part of the rank list. The promotion scope, authority, and power make it a rather attractive and secure job.
This year, the exam is likely to be conducted in October. Candidates should register as per the one-time registration portal through the official website of Kerala Public Service Commission, before applying for secretariat assistant. Given the number of candidates and the level of competitiveness, candidates should be well prepared for the exam to secure a good score. This years’ syllabus, as well as the exam pattern, is given below.
Kerala psc Secretariat Assistant Exam 2018 Syllabus and Pattern
[table id=78 /]
The exam would be an objective type examination which carries a total of 100 marks. Each question carries one mark and there will be a negative ⅓ marks given for every wrong answer. The duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
60 Day study plan for Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant Exam
Preparation is one of the most essential factors determining one’s success in any examination. This one is no different! The best part about the Secretariat assistant exam is that most of the topics that have been included in the syllabus have been covered by us over the years – be it mathematics, General Knowledge or English. So the topics that we should give more time are the ones we haven’t covered so far. It could be facts about India or Kerala or Renaissance of Kerala. Candidates must also keep themselves updated with the latest events in the world, especially in India. With proper preparation and determination, it is possible is score high ranks in the examination. Even 2 months are enough to ace the exam if you can make a realistic schedule and stick to it. Dedicate at least 6-8 hours every day.
A sample 60 day study plan is given below. You can follow it or make the required modifications to this depending on your needs.
[table id=79 /]
Things to remember while preparing
- Read the newspapers every day. This will keep you updated on the current events taking place in India as well as around the world.
- Keep short notes. It will help you to revise and can be handy as a quick reference. Try to keep the notes short but at the same time, it should be easy for you to understand.
- Spent more time on those difficult topics but make sure that you brush up on the easy topics too as they can help increase your score.
- Keep aside one day of each week to revise what you have learned throughout that week. This could be a day during the weekend.
- Make it point to practice previous years and mock question papers, as it could help you learn more important things and learn the type of questions asked. For instance, you need not remember the names of the ministers of all the states over the years. It helps to know the names of ministers who have been in the news quite recently as questions are likely to be asked based on the recent events. Download the entri app today to gain access to mock question papers.
- Be sure to have a proper diet and take proper rest as this is required for the proper functioning of the brain and will help you recollect facts as well as solve problems.
With the right resources and hard work, it is easy to ace any test and secretariat assistant exam is no exception. If you’re well prepared it’s easy to secure a top rank and get that dream job of yours!
Entri is an award-winning online platform which helps students to prepare for various competitive examinations and keeps them updated on various exam schedules. Practice question papers and mock tests for Kerala PSC, SSC, RRB and Banking Exams are available for candidates, to know where they stand and prepare accordingly. Doubt forums are also made available to students to provide a platform for them to interact with experts and clear all their doubts and queries. A suitable app to help you stand out in various competitions.
Entri wishes all the candidates success in the upcoming examinations! Download the Entri App today to stay ahead of the competition!