All the aspirants will be waiting for the notification of the Kerala PSC SI exam. The last notification for the same was released in 2015. So, it is expected that the commission will be releasing the notification soon. Candidates have to register themselves with the One Time Registration portal of Kerala PSC for submitting their application. This challenging job is a dream career for many youths. Let us check the Kerala PSC SI Job Profile- what are the roles and responsibilities of this job.
Kerala PSC SI Job Profile 2023
Unlike many other Kerala PSC posts, this job is a powerful job. The society is having respect and impact for the police profession. The SI post ranks above an assistant sub-inspector of police (ASI) and below an Inspector. An SI is usually the first investigating officer. Also, he/she can be station officers.
Role and Responsibilities of SI
- File charge sheets in Court. Only SI can do this, constables can only investigate cases on behalf of SI.
- He commands his subordinates.
- Take care of the police station.
- Investigation of crimes.
- Register FIR for the cases in his jurisdiction.
- He is in charge of maintaining the law and order situations in his circle.
- Maintaining good relations with the people in his jurisdiction.
- Arrange beats and patrolling to prevent crimes.
- Good leadership quality and supervising character and maintain healthy relations with subordinates.
- A Sub Inspector has the right to investigate all the cases sanctioned by the parliament or laws of the state under the Indian Penal Code.
Merits of Sub-Inspector Job
- Power and Authority – The society as always have respect towards government job. Police jobs have more power among the common people. This job can make an impact on society.
- Security of job- It also gives the employee the security of both financial and social security.
- Chance to serve society- Indeed it is an opportunity to serve society. If you are having a mind to serve society along with a job, this is always the best choice. You can provide protection and justice to needy.
- Promotions- Government job always has its own promotion criteria. You can be sure of career growth in the Police department too. Promotion is based on the ability of employees in resolving cases, individual performance, maintaining and meeting the physical and medical requirements, promotion based departmental tests.
Sub Inspector ⇒ Inspector ⇒ DYSP ⇒ ASP⇒ SP
Kerala PSC SI: Salary and Allowances
The salary according to the last notification of Kerala PSC SI is Rs. 16980-31360/-. And additional Grade pay will be there.
|Ranks in Kerala State Police||KPSC Salary- As per 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale|
|Director-General of Police/ Director of IB or CBI||2,25,000/-|
|Director-General of Police||2,05,400/-|
|Inspector-General of Police||1,44,200/-|
|Deputy Inspector General of Police||1,31,100/-|
|Senior Superintendent of Police||78,800/-|
|Additional Superintendent of Police||67,700/-|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police||56,100/-|
- Dearness Allowances
- House Rent Allowances
- Special Pay
- Deputation Special Pay
- Compensatory Allowances
- Allowance for Uniforms
- Washing Allowances
- Travelling Allowances
- Smartness Allowances
- Medical Allowances
So, this is all about the Kerala PSC Sub-Inspector job profiles. I hope, you have got an idea about the nature of the job and the responsibilities that an SI should shoulder. The candidates who dream themselves to be in this career should develop these qualities. Follow us for all the latest updates regarding this exam. Get the topic-wise classes from experts. Also, practice the daily quizzes and mock tests available. Practicing mock tests will help you to get previously/frequently asked PSC questions. Your devotion and hard work will really be paid. Entri wishes all the very best to all aspirants to reach their dream career.
|Kerala PSC SI Exam Information Links|
|Kerala PSC SI Notification||Kerala PSC SI Selection Process|
|Kerala PSC SI Syllabus||Kerala PSC SI Mock Test|
|Kerala PSC SI Exam Date||Kerala PSC SI Video Course|
|Kerala PSC SI Application Form||Kerala PSC SI Study Materials|
|Kerala PSC SI Vacancy||Kerala PSC SI Interview Questions|
|Kerala PSC SI Admit Card||Kerala PSC SI Salary|
|Kerala PSC SI Assistant Study Plan||Kerala PSC SI Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|Kerala PSC SI Previous Question Papers||Kerala PSC SI Result|
|Kerala PSC SI Best Books||Kerala PSC SI Cutoff|
|Kerala PSC SI Eligibility Criteria||Kerala PSC SI Exam Analysis|
|Kerala PSC SI Answer Key|