Table of Contents
Kerala PSC SI Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023 out: Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC) has published the syllabus for Kerala Police SI Syllabus 2023 in their official website (https://www.keralapsc.gov.in/ ). Candidates going to apply for the post can now check the Kerala Police SI Syllabus 2023 PDF here. The official notification of the SI Exam Date will be published soon. The date will be updated here once the application process is over. Check out this blog for erala PSC SI Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023.
Kerala PSC SI Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023: Highlights
|Kerala PSC SI Recruitment 2023: Overview||Events|
|Recruitment Body||Kerala Public Service Commission|
|Department||Kerala Police Department|
|Category Number||Updated Soon|
|Notification Date||Notify Later|
|Registration Date||Notify Later|
|Exam Date||To be announced|
|Payscale||₹ 32300 – 68700/-|
Kerala Police SI Recruitment 2023: Apply Date
- The Kerala Police SI Application Process will be commenced shortly on KPSC website
- The registration window is available at keralapsc.gov.in
- Eligibile candidates can apply through the website on or before last date to apply
- No application will be considered after the specified time/date
- Candidates need to generate a User Id and Password to log in to the online form.
- Remember to add all the personal info and accadamic details accurately in the online form
- Do not forget to double check the details on the SI Online Form before final submission
Kerala Police SI Exam Date 2023
The official date for Kerala PSC SI Exam hasn’t declared yet. The exam date will be announced with the official notification PDF
Kerala Police SI Notification 2023 PDF
The Notification PDF for Kerala PSC Sub Inspector Recruitment 2023 will out soon! Job seekers can download the notification, published as a PDF file learn more about the Kerala Police SI Vacancy 2023. Download Kerala PSC Police Sub Inspector Recruitment PDF for further reference.
Kerala Police Sub Inspector Recruitment PDF
Kerala PSC SI Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023: Important Dates
|Apply Start||Notify Later|
|Last Date to Apply||Notify Later|
|Last Date to Pay Fees||Notify Later|
|Exam Date||Notify Later|
Kerala Police SI Syllabus 2023
I. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
HISTORY (3 Marks)
KERALA – Arrival of Europeans-Contributions of Europeans- History of Travancore from Marthanda Varma to Sree Chithirathirunnal- Social and Religious Reform movement- National movement in Kerala- Literary Sources of Kerala History- United Kerala Movement- Political and Social History of Kerala after 1956.
INDIA – Political History- Establishment of the British- First War of Independence – Formation of INC- Swadeshi Movement- Social Reform movement- Newspapers – Literature and Arts during the freedom struggle – Independence Movement & Mahatma Gandhi – India’s independent – Post independent period – State reorganization – Development in Science, Education, and Technology – Foreign policy.
WORLD – Great Revolution in England- American War of Independence – French Revolution- Russian Revolution – Chinese Revolution- Political History after Second World War- UNO and other International Organizations
ii) GEOGRAPHY (3 Marks)
Basics of Geography – Earth Structure – Atmosphere, Rocks, Landforms, Pressure Belt and Winds, Temperature and Seasons, Global Issues- Global Warming- Various forms of Pollution, Maps- Topographic Maps and Signs, Remote Sensing – Geographic Information System, Oceans and its various movements – Continents, – Nations and their specific features.
INDIA – Physiography- States and its features, Northern Mountain Region, Rivers, Northern Great Plain, Peninsular Plateau, Coastal Plain, Climate – Natural Vegetation – Agriculture – Minerals and Industries- Energy Sources, Transport system – Road- Water- Railways- Air.
Kerala – Physiography- Districts and its features – Rivers- Climate – Natural Vegetation – Wild life – Agriculture and research centers – Minerals and Industries – Energy Sources – Transport system – Road – Water- Railway- Air
(iii) ECONOMICS (3 Marks)
India : Economy, Five Year Plans, New Economic Reforms, Planning Commission and Niti Aayog, Financial Institutions, Agriculture – Major Crops, Green Revolution, Minerals. Direct and indirect taxes in India, GST in India rationale and structure of GST, benefits of GST
(v) Kerala Governance and System of Administration – (5 Marks)
Kerala State Civil Service- Quasi-judicial bodies, various Commissions, Basic facts of socio-economic development- Planning Board-Commercial Planning and Policies- Disaster Management- Watershed Management- Employment and Labour-National Rural Employment Programmes- Land Reforms- Social Welfare and Security- Protection of Women, Children and Senior Citizens Population, Literacy, E-governance, Delegated Legislation and its controls Legislative and Judicial controls- Constitutional law remedies against Administrative Arbitrariness- Administrative Discretion and its Controls Administrative Adjudication-Principles of Natural Justice.
(vi) Life Science and Public Health (6 Marks)
1. Basic facts of Human Body
2. Vitamins and Minerals and their Deficiency Diseases
3. Communicable Diseases and Causative Organisms, Preventive and Remedial Measures
4. Kerala – Welfare activities in Health Sector
5. Lifestyle Diseases.
6. Basic Health Facts
7. Environment and Environmental Hazards
II. Current Affairs (5 Marks)
III. Simple Arithmetic, Mental Ability and Reasoning
(i). Simple Arithmetic (5 Marks)
1. Numbers and Basic Operations
2. Fraction and Decimal Numbers
4. Profit and Loss
5. Simple and Compound Interest
6. Ratio and Proportion
7. Time and Distance
8. Time and Work
10. Laws of Exponents
(ii). Mental Ability & Reasoning (5 Marks)
2. Problems on Mathematical Signs
3. Verifying Positions.
4. Analogy- Word Analogy, Alphabet Analogy, Number Analogy
5. Odd man out
6. Numerical Ability
7. Coding and Decoding
8. Family Relations
9. Sense of Direction
10. Time and Angles
11. Time in a clock and its reflection
12. Date and Calendar
13. Clerical Ability
IV. GENERAL ENGLISH
(i). English Grammar (5 Marks)
1. Types of Sentences and Interchange of Sentences.
2. Different Parts of Speech.
3. Agreement of Subject and Verb.
4. Articles – The Definite and the Indefinite Articles.
5. Uses of Primary and Modal Auxiliary Verbs
6. Tag Questions
7. Infinitive and Gerunds
9. Tenses in Conditional Sentences
11. The Use of Correlatives
12. Direct and Indirect Speech
13. Active and Passive voice
14. Correction of Sentences
15. Degrees of Comparison
(ii) Vocabulary (5 Marks)
1. Singular & Plural, Change of Gender, Collective Nouns
2. Word formation from other words and use of prefix or suffix
3. Compound words
6. Phrasal Verbs
7. Foreign Words and Phrases
8. One Word Substitutes
9. Words often confused
10. Spelling Test
11. Idioms and their Meanings
12. Expansion and meaning of Common Abbreviations
V. REGIONAL LANGUAGE (10 Marks)
ഘടക പദം (വാക്യം ചേർത്തെഴുതുക)
1. Word Purity / Correct Word
2. Correct Sentence
4. One Word / Single Word / One Word Substitution
7. Idioms and Proverbs
8. Equivalent Word
9. Join the Word
10. Feminine Gender, Masculine Gender
12. Sort and Write
1) Correct Word
2) Correct Structure of Sentence
4) Single Word
6) Antonyms / Opposite
7) Phrases and Proverbs
8) Equal Word
9) Join the Word
10) Gender Classification – Feminine, Masculine
11) Singular, Plural
13) Adding Phrases
VI. Special Topic (45 Marks)
I) INDIAN CONSTITUTION (7 Marks)
Constituent Assembly-Preamble-Citizenship- Fundamental Rights, Writs -Habeas Corpus, Mandamus, Prohibition, Certiorari and Quo warranto. Directive Principles f State Policy- Fundamental Duties- Structure of Governments- Union Executive, Parliament and Judiciary- State Executive, Legislature and Judiciary- Local Self Government Institutions (LSGIs)- Important Constitutional Amendments (42, 44, 52, 73, 74, 86, 91, 97, 101, 102, 103, 104)- Constitutional Authorities and their functions – Comptroller and Auditor General, Attorney General, Advocate General, Election Commission of India, State Election Commission, Union Public Service Commission, State Public Service Commission- Finance Commission- State Finance
Commission- GST Council- Distribution of legislative powers- Union List- State List- Concurrent List- Services under the Union and the States- Tribunals-National Commission for Scheduled Castes- National Commission for Scheduled TribesNational Commission for Backward Classes- Official Language-Regional
Languages-Language of the Supreme Court, High Courts, etc-Special directives relating to languages
I) THE CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE.1973 (05 Marks)
Section2(a) Bailable offence
Section2(c) Cognizable offence
Section2(i) Judicial Proceeding.
Section2(l) Non-Cognizable offence.
Section2(w) Summons case
Section2(x) Warrant Case
Section 41 When Police may arrest without warrant.
Section 41 A Notice of appearance before Police Officer.
Section 41 B Procedure of arrest and duties of officer making arrest.
Section 41 D Right of arrested person to meet an advocate of his choice during interrogatio
Section 43 Arrest by private person and procedure on such arrest.
Section 44 Arrest by Magistrate.
Section 46 Arrest how made
Section 50 Person arrested to be informed of grounds of arrest and of right to bail.
Section 51 Search of arrested person.
Section 53 Examination of accused by medical practitioner at the request of Police.
Section 54 Examination of arrested person by medical officer.
Section 57 Person arrested not to be detained more than 24 hours.
Section 167 Procedure when investigation cannot be completed in 24 hours.
Section 151 Arrest to prevent commission of cognizable offences
Summons and Warrant
Section 62 Summons how served.
Section 64 Service when persons summoned can not be found.
Section 66 Service on government servant.
Section 72 Warrant to whom directed.
Section 74 Warrant directed to Police Officer.
Section 77 Where warrant may be executed.
Section 102 Power of Police officer to seizure certain property.
Section 105E Seizure or attachment of properties.
Section 105 H Forfeiture of properties in certain cases.
Section 106 Security for keeping the peace on conviction.
Section 108 Security for good behavior from persons disseminating seditious matters.
Section 109 Security for good behavior from suspected persons.
Section 110 Security for good behavior from habitual offenders.
Information to the Police and their powers to investigate
Section 155 Information as to non-cognizable cases and investigation of such cases.
Section 156 Police officer’s power to investigate cognizable cases.
Section 157 Procedure for investigation.
Section 160 Police officers power to require attendance of witnesses.
Section 161 Examination of witnesses by Police.
Section 164 Recording of confession and statements.
Section 174 Police to enquire and report on suicide etc.
III) THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ACT.2000 (05 Marks)
Section 43 Penalty and Compensation for damage to computer, computer system, etc.
Section 43A Compensation for failure to protect data.
Section 65 Tampering with computer source documents.
Section 66 Computer related offences
Section 66B Punishment for dishonestly receiving stolen computer resource or communication device.
Section 66C Punishment for identity theft.
Section 66D Punishment for cheating by personation by using computer resources.
Section 66E Punishment for violation of privacy.
Section 66F Punishment for cyber terrorism.
Section 67 Punishment for publishing or transmitting obscene material in electronic form.
Section 67A Punishment for publishing or transmitting material containing sexually explicit act, etc in electronic form
Section 67B Punishment for publishing or transmitting material depicting children in sexually explicit act, etc in electronic form
Section 72 Penalty for breach of confidentiality and privacy.
Section 77B Offences with 3 years imprisonment to be bailable.
Section 78 Power to investigate offences.
IV ) THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT .2005 (03 Marks)
Section 2(f) Information
Section 8 Exemption from disclosure of information
Section 9 Grounds for rejection to access in certain cases.
Section 11 Third party information.
V. Indian Penal Code, 1860 (05 Marks)
OFFENCES AGAINST PROPERTY
Theft 378. Theft.
379. Punishment for theft.
380. Theft in dwelling house, etc.
381. Theft by clerk or servant of property in possession of master.
382. Theft after preparation made for causing death, hurt or restraint in order to the committing of the theft.
384. Punishment for extortion.
385. Putting person in fear of injury in order to commit extortion.
386. Extortion by putting a person in fear of death on grievous hurt.
387. Putting person in fear of death or of grievous hurt, in order to commit extortion.
388. Extortion by threat of accusation of an offence punishable with death or imprisonment for life, etc.
389. Putting person in fear of accusation of offence, in order to commit extortion.
Of Robbery and Dacoity
390. Robbery. When theft is robbery. When extortion is robbery.
392. Punishment for robbery.
393. Attempt to commit robbery.
394. Voluntarily causing hurt in committing robbery.
395. Punishment for dacoity. 11 SECTIONS
396. Dacoity with murder.
397. Robbery, or dacoity, with attempt to cause death or grievous hurt.
398. Attempt to commit robbery or dacoity when armed with deadly weapon.
399. Making preparation to commit dacoity.
400. Punishment for belonging to gang of dacoits.
401. Punishment for belonging to gang of thieves.
402. Assembling for purpose of committing dacoity. Of Criminal Misappropriation of
403. Dishonest misappropriation of property.
404. Dishonest misappropriation of property possessed by deceased person at the time of his
Of Criminal Breach of Trust
405. Criminal breach of trust.
406. Punishment for criminal breach of trust.
407. Criminal breach of trust by carrier, etc.
408. Criminal breach of trust by clerk or servant.
409. Criminal breach of trust by public, servant, or by banker, merchant or agent.
Of the Receiving of Stolen Property
410. Stolen property.
411. Dishonestly receiving stolen property.
412. Dishonestly receiving property stolen in the commission of a dacoity.
413. Habitually dealing in stolen property.
414. Assisting in concealment of stolen property. Of Cheating
416. Cheating by personation.
417. Punishment for cheating.
418. Cheating with knowledge that wrongful loss may ensue to person whose interest offender is bound to protect.
419. Punishment for cheating by personation.
420. Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property. Of Fraudulent Deeds and Dispositions of Property
421. Dishonest or, fraudulent removal or concealment of property to prevent distribution among creditor.
422. Dishonestly or fraudulently preventing debt being available for creditors.
423. Dishonest or fraudulent execution of deed of transfer containing false statement of consideration.
424. Dishonest or fraudulent removal or concealment of property.
426. Punishment for mischief.
427. Mischief causing damage to the amount of fifty rupees.
428. Mischief by killing or maiming animal of the value often rupees.
429. Mischief by killing or maiming cattle, etc., of any value or any animal of the value of fifty rupees.
430. Mischief by injury to works of irrigation or by wrongfully diverting water.
431. Mischief by injury to public road, bridge, river or channel.
432. Mischief by causing inundation or obstruction to public drainage attended with damage.
433. Mischief by destroying, moving or rendering less useful a light-house or sea-mark.
434. Mischief by destroying or moving, etc., a land-mark fixed by public authority.
435. Mischief by fire or explosive substance with intent to cause damage to amount of one hundred or (in case of agricultural produce ) ten rupees.
436. Mischief by fire or explosive substance with intent to destroy house, etc.
437. Mischief with intent to destroy or make unsafe a decked vessel or one of twenty tons burden.
438. Punishment for the mischief described in section 437 committed by fire or explosive substance.
439. Punishment for intentionally running vessel aground, or ashore with intent to commit theft, etc.
440. Mischief committed after preparation made for causing death or hurt
|Kerala PSC SI Exam Information Links|
|Kerala PSC SI Notification||Kerala PSC SI Mock Test|
|Kerala PSC SI Exam Date||Kerala PSC SI Video Course|
|Kerala PSC SI Application Form||Kerala PSC SI Study Materials|
|Kerala PSC SI Vacancy||Kerala PSC SI Interview Questions|
|Kerala PSC SI Admit Card||Kerala PSC SI Job Profile|
|Kerala PSC SI Study Plan||Kerala PSC SI Salary|
|Kerala PSC SI Previous Question Papers||Kerala PSC SI Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|Kerala PSC SI Best Books||Kerala PSC SI Result|
|Kerala PSC SI Eligibility Criteria||Kerala PSC SI Cutoff|
|Kerala PSC SI Selection Process||Kerala PSC SI Exam Analysis|
|Kerala PSC SI Answer Key|