It is an exciting opportunity for aspirants who likes to serve society and provide justice to people. Kerala Public Service Commission(Kerala PSC) has released two notifications on their official website for the recruitment to the post of Sub Inspector of Police (Trainee) and Armed Police Sub Inspector (Trainee). All those candidates who aspire for these posts hopefully have already submitted the application as Feb 05 2020 was the last date of submission. The last notification for the same was released in 2015. And, the last rank list was brought into force with effect from 14-03-2019. The rank list consists of 262 candidates in the General category. The Kerala PSC SI vacancy list is yet to be released. Follow us to get the updates of the SI exam.
Kerala PSC Sub Inspector Job Details
Name of the Post: Sub Inspector of Police (Trainee)
Department: Police (Kerala Civil Police)
Official Website: www.keralapsc.gov.in
Categories for the Direct Recruitment :
- Open market
- Graduate Ministerial staff of Police and Vigilance Department, Fingerprint Experts, Fingerprint Searchers of the Fingerprint Bureau who had completed two years of service in the Police/Vigilance Department.
- Graduate Police Constables, Head Constables and officers of the corresponding rank in Police and Vigilance Department who have completed probation.
- For non-graduate SC/ST candidates. Only if a sufficient number of fully qualified candidates belonging to SC/ST communities are not available, the applications of those SC/ST candidates who have passed intermediate or pre-university of the recognized university will be considered only to fill up the quota reserved for them.
Salary and Allowances:
As per the last notification, the salary for a Sub Inspector is around Rs. 16980-31360/-.
|Ranks in Kerala State Police||KPSC Salary- As per 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale|
|Director-General of Police/ Director of IB or CBI||2,25,000/-|
|Director-General of Police||2,05,400/-|
|Inspector-General of Police||1,44,200/-|
|Deputy Inspector General of Police||1,31,100/-|
|Senior Superintendent of Police||78,800/-|
|Additional Superintendent of Police||67,700/-|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police||56,100/-|
- Dearness Allowances
- House Rent Allowances
- Special Pay
- Deputation Special Pay
- Compensatory Allowances
- Allowance for Uniforms
- Washing Allowances
- Travelling Allowances
- Smartness Allowances
- Medical Allowances
Sub Inspector ⇒ Inspector ⇒ DYSP ⇒ ASP⇒ SP
Kerala PSC SI Vacancy
The vacancy for the upcoming exam is yet to be notified. Follow Entri for all the latest updates. Around 631 advice memos have been given from the last rank list. The available vacancies are also filled for all the categories in an equal proportion that is for the General Executive posts and ministerial staff and for the constables, head constables who have completed the probation period.
Kerala PSC SI Eligibility Criteria
- Open Market – 20-31 Years
- Ministerial – Should not have completed 36 (Thirty-six) years of age.
- Constabulary – Should not have completed 36 (Thirty-six) years of age.
- Relaxation in the upper age limit for the eligible candidates will be given accordingly.
The candidates interested to apply should have a Graduation from the recognized University. In the absence of sufficient Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates for filling the vacancy, applications of those who have passed Pre University/Pre-Degree or equivalent Examinations of recognized University shall be considered only to fill up the quota.
Candidates have to meet some physical criteria prior to appearing for the Physical Efficiency Test. Check the criteria:
|Height||165.10 cm||5′ 5”|
|For SC/ST Candidates||160.02 cm||5′ 3”|
|81.28 cm||32 ”|
|Chest Expansion||5.08 cm||2”|
|For SC/ST Candidates||155|
Candidates should produce a medical certificate, certifying their physical fitness and eyesight without glasses obtained from any one of the following medical officers at the time of the Interview.
- Director, Health Services
- Deputy Director, Health Services
- Principal, Medical College
- District Hospital Superintendent
- District Medical Officer
- Ophthalmic Hospital Superintendent.
- Director, T.B. Centre
- First Grade Civil Surgeon.
- Medical College Professor
- Associate Professor in the Medical Colleges
Kerala PSC SI Exam Pattern
Firstly, the candidates have to pass a written examination, which is an objective OMR based test. The main topics to be covered are:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Mental Ability and Test of Reasoning
- General Science
- Current Affairs
- Facts About Kerala
- Facts About India
- Constitution of India
- General English
- Social Welfare Schemes and Measures
- Information Technology and Cyber Laws
The second phase is the Physical Efficiency Test. Candidates passing in this are advised for Interview and Document Verification.
Entri is the best platform to start your preparations. Entri comes up with question banks including previously asked questions and mock tests. It also offers aspirants doubt clearance sessions with experienced PSC coaching faculties. Join the Entri groups and work hard to reach your career destination. All the wishes from Entri.
Know more about Kerala PSC SI Post:
|Kerala PSC SI Exam Information Links|
|Kerala PSC SI Notification||Kerala PSC SI Mock Test|
|Kerala PSC SI Syllabus||Kerala PSC SI Video Course|
|Kerala PSC SI Exam Date||Kerala PSC SI Study Materials|
|Kerala PSC SI Application Form||Kerala PSC SI Interview Questions|
|Kerala PSC SI Admit Card||Kerala PSC SI Job Profile|
|Kerala PSC SI Study Plan||Kerala PSC SI Salary|
|Kerala PSC SI Previous Question Papers||Kerala PSC SI Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|Kerala PSC SI Best Books||Kerala PSC SI Result|
|Kerala PSC SI Eligibility Criteria||Kerala PSC SI Cutoff|
|Kerala PSC SI Selection Process||Kerala PSC SI Exam Analysis|
|Kerala PSC SI Answer Key|