Table of Contents
The recruitment process in India’s own State Bank of India drew lakhs of candidates every year. Despite a large number of applicants, only a few pass the barrier. Graduates from any stream can apply for the SBI Clerk recruitment. The SBI Clerks/ Junior Associates deals with the front desk works and customer handling works. SBI Clerk/ Junior Associate notification 2023 released. Here we are discussing the SBI Clerk eligibility criteria: age limit and age relaxations, education, and nationality. Check here to know more about the SBI clerk 2023 eligibility and other SBI Clerk qualification needed to apply for the post. Know the educational qualification, age limit, nationality before applying for the position. Also get to know about the reserved category percentage here.
SBI Clerk 2023 Exam Highlights
Candidates can check below SBI Clerk 2023 exam highlights.
|State Bank of India
|Once a year
|Mode of Exam
|Approx. 20 lakh
|Prelims, Mains and Local Language Test
|INR 750 for the General
SC/ ST/ PWD/ XS candidates are exempted from fee payment
|Preliminary: One hour
Mains: 2 hours 40 minutes
|Prelims: Three Sections (100 marks)
Mains: Four Section (200 marks)
|1/4th of the mark assigned for the question are deducted for each wrong answer
|Language/Medium of Exam
|English and Hindi
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2023
If you wish to apply for the SBI clerk exam, initially, check here for the SBI clerk 2023 eligibility criteria. Make sure you are eligible for the position and apply online through the official website. Read further to explore the eligibility criteria for SBI clerk exam. And if you are planning to apply for the SBI clerk exam, make sure you meet all the criteria mentioned by the board as well as you have all the required documents and other certificated mentioned by the recruitment board.
Age Limit (As on 1st April 2023):
The age of the candidate should not be below 20 years and above 28 years as on 1st April 2023.
Relaxation of Upper age limit:
|PWD (Gen/ EWS)
|PWD (SC/ ST)
|Persons domiciled in J&K state during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989
|Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled Ex-Servicemen
|Actual period of service rendered in defence services + 3 years, (8 years for Disabled Ex- Servicemen belonging to SC/ ST) subject to maximum age of 50 years
|Widows, Divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands & who are not remarried
|7 years (subject to maximum age limit of 35 years for General/ EWS, 38 years for OBC & 40 years for SC/ ST candidates)
- As per the SBI clerk qualification, the candidates should have completed graduation/degree in any stream from any UGC recognized university or its equivalent as of August 01, 2023.
- The candidates need to have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from an approved university or institution or they need to have equivalent eligibility from a Central Government acknowledged institution.
- Applicants holding the IDD certificate shall secure the date of passing is considered and that matches the official SBI Clerk announcement.
- The applicants who are in the final year or term can join as well but temporarily. They are shortlisted, they will be asked to provide proof of their passing, the date requires to meet the official notification.
- The applicants must have obtained at least 50% in their 10th boards from a perceived board.
- In the case of joining ex-servicemen, the candidates should maintain the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or similar in the Air force or Navy with at least 15 years of service in the Indian Armed Forces.
- The applicant’s required to have achieved at least 50% in their 10th board from an acknowledged board.
- Applicants must have scored 50% marks in both their Secondary and Higher Secondary level exams.
- Applicants need to understand the official and local language well to be selected as SBI Clerk.
- Applicants employing for the SBI Clerk need to have a basic understanding of computers.
- Applicants having a double degree consider the date of passing the same specified in their application form as specified in the official notification.
- In the state of enrolling ex-servicemen, the candidates should maintain the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or equivalent in the Air force or Navy with at shortest 15 years of service in the Indian Armed Forces.
The candidates from the following countries are eligible for SBI Clerk 2023: Citizens of India, Citizens of Nepal, Bhutan, A Tibetan refugee, people migrated from Pakistan, citizens of the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Certain seats under the SBI are reserved for the candidates belonging to certain categories. The candidates can check the reservation percentage here.
|DXS (Disabled Ex-Servicemen)
Points to Note
- All the benefits stated earlier are only approximated and it may vary as determined by the exam leading body from time to time.
- Applicants having 40% or more levels of bodily disability can only avail of the aid of the scribe.
- The reservation for OBC that is stated before is only relevant to applicants about the “Non-creamy layer”.
- Additional OBC applicants need to consider their level as “General” while filling up the request form.
- Applicants referring to the different reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC – Non-Creamy Layer/PWD) need to provide the certificates for the same to be qualified for the above-mentioned reservation.
- Applicants who want to avail of the EWS quota are required to provide an Income and Asset Certificate distributed by the Government of India.
- Applicants selected with SBI are not permitted to arrive for the exam.
- Applicants possessing very poor or weak CIBIL or another agency, are also not permitted to arrive for the exam
Possible Number of Attempts
The State Bank of India hasn’t designated any special number for the highest number of tries one can perform. Specifically, the applicants can try for the test as many opportunities as they can. As long as they reach the defined qualification standards and mentioned age limit, they are suitable to apply for the SBI Clerk recruitment method. The candidates can try a much as they can as long as they meet the eligibility criteria. Then, why waiting for the next chance, the candidates can look forward for the best preparation strategies and the smart techniques to conquer the exam in Entri App. Don;t wait for the next chance and you run out of time then. Make sure you crack the exam as soon as possible. Hurry! download Entri App now!
How to Apply for SBI Clerk 2023
Follow the given below steps to apply online for the SBI Clerk exam 2023
- The candidates who are interested to apply for the SBI clerk exam can visit the official website of SBI and go to the careers page.
- Click on the SBI Clerk 2023 New Registration on the highest right edge of the landing page.
- Give your essential details such as name, Date of Birth, Address, Mobile number, email id, etc.
- Make sure that there is no mistake in the given details and your official records.
- Click on the Save and next.
- Upload the digital copy of your recent photograph (4.5 cm * 3.5 cm, 20-50 KB) and signature (10- 20 KB).
- Fill in your educational credentials.
- Preview your form and edit if there are any mistakes.
- Pay the application fees through Credit Card, Debit Card or Net banking.
- Click on the submit and your application is submitted successfully.
- Keep the registration ID and password for further uses.
SBI Clerk 2023 Salary
The pay scale for the clerical cadre in SBI is 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110- 2120/1- 30230-1310/1-31450. The starting Basic Pay is Rs. 13075/. (Rs. 11765/ plus two advance increments). After 3 years of service, the pay will increase to Rs. 13,730/-.
Hereafter, there will be an annual increment of Rs. 815/- and so on. In metro cities like Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkota, etc the gross starting Pay will be about Rs. 25000/ including the allowances like DA, HRA, and others. In all other places, the gross pay will be nearly Rs. 23000/ depending upon the place of posting as HRA varies.
There can be variations and modifications in the salary scale. The candidates can refer to the official website of the State Bank of India to check further regarding the salary scale. Make sure you keep updated about this.
|Number of years
|Basic Junior Associate SBI
|Junior Associate after 1st Increment
|Junior Associate after 2nd Increment
|Junior Associate after 3rd Increment
|Junior Associate after 4th Increment
|Junior Associate after 5th Increment
|Junior Associate after 6th Increment
Download the PDF Official SBI Clerk 2023 Notification
Click here to download SBI Clerk 2023 official notification free pdf:
SBI Clerk Previous Year Question Papers
Previous Year Question Papers
SBI Clerk 2023 Result
SBI clerk recruitment results will be updated on the page after the successful conduction of the exams.
If you wish to apply for the clerk exam, then go for the best preparation too. Crack the exam in the first attempt itself. Usually, the candidates who does find the right study materials and create the proper study plan goes through the prelims exam easily. The candidates who are eagerly awaiting for the best study plan, can now download Entri App and start their exam oriented preparations.
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming SBI Clerk 2023 examinations. Start your SBI Clerk and PO 2023 Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions, mock tests, sectional tests, quizzes, video classes, etc. Attempt our free mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.
Q1. What is the Education qualification required for SBI Clerk 2023?
Ans. The SBI Clerk Education Qualification is described in the article.
Q2. What is the prescribed age limit for SBI Clerk 2023?
Ans, The prescribed age limit for SBI Clerk 2023 is 20 to 28 years