A job in India’s own State Bank of India became a dream for lakhs of bank job aspirants in our country. Every year the bank recruits hundreds of candidates towards Clerical Cadre for its different branches across the country. SBI Clerk is one of the most sought after bank exams among the aspirants and it draws lakhs of applicants every year. The SBI Clerks deals with the front desk works and customer handling works. A Junior Associate/Clerk in the State Bank of India gets a salary of around Rs.21000. Here we are discussing the SBI clerk salary, allowances, and deductions.
SBI Clerk Eligibility 2020
Graduates from any stream are eligible for SBI Clerk positions. Those who are in the final semester of their graduation degree may also apply provisionally if, they can produce proof of the graduation before the preferred date. Candidates can apply to only of the regions and they should have studied the local language of that region, either at senior school level(10th) or at the higher secondary level.
Candidates who are between 20- 28 years are eligible to apply towards the SBI Clerk positions. Age relaxations for the reserved categories and the Ex-servicemen are subject to the government guidelines.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2020
The SBI Clerk selection process includes two stages of Computer-Based Tests (CBT).
|Subject/ Topic||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Test Subject||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 minutes|
- 1/4th marks will get deducted for every wrong answer.
- There are no minimum qualifying marks for individual sections. The final merit list will be published on State-wise and, category wise.
- Candidates who can submit their 10th or 12th certificates to prove their proficiency in the local language are exempted from the local language proficiency test.
Check your SBI Clerk Mains 2019 Results from here
SBI Clerk Salary 2020
The pay scale for the clerical cadre in SBI is 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110- 2120/1- 30230-1310/1-31450. The starting Basic Pay is Rs. 13075/. (Rs. 11765/ plus two advance increments). After 3 years of service, the pay will increase to Rs. 13,730/-. Hereafter, there will be an annual increment of Rs. 815/- and so on. In metro cities like Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkota, etc the gross starting Pay will be about Rs. 25000/ including the allowances like Dearness Allowance, HRA, and others. In all other places, the gross pay will be nearly Rs. 23000/ depending upon the place of posting as House Rent Allowances (HRA) varies.
SBI Clerk Salary and Allowances – Updated January 2020
The in-hand salary of the SBI clerk will vary since the House Rent Allowances(HRA) is not homogenous across the locations. The Dearness Allowance (DA) is based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The DA increases when inflation is high and vice versa. The earnings and deductions of a newly recruited SBI Junior Associate/ SBI Clerk is as follows:
- Initial Basic Pay: Rs. 13,705 (annual increment: Rs. 655/)
- Dearness Allowances (DA): Varies Quarterly
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): Around 10 % of Basic Pay
- Transport Allowance: Rs. 425/
- Special Allowance: Rs. 1064/
- Special Pay: Rs. 330/
- Gross Amount: Rs. 23000 (approximate)
- Provident Fund (PF): Rs. 1300/
- Professional Tax: Rs. 200/
- New Pension Scheme: Rs. 2000/
SBI Clerk 2020 salary in Class Y cities: Rs. 20,000/-
SBI Clerk 2020 salary in Class Z cities: Rs. 19,000/-
Salary Structure of an SBI Clerk in a Class Y city
|Total (without HRA)||Rs.18413.37/-|
|Gross with HRA||Rs.19589.87/-|
SBI Clerk Salary Slip
SBI Clerk 2020 Job Profile
SBI Clerks (Junior Associates) are responsible for all client interactions and related operations. Candidates who are recruited as SBI clerks are designated as cashiers, depositors and other posts that form the face of a particular SBI Bank branch.
- Job responsibilities include holding posts such as depositors, cashiers, etc. at one of the branches of State Bank of India.
- Junior Associate or Clerk is the first point of contact for inquiries & guidance. It is the starting designation in the hierarchy of bank jobs
- The works of a clerk include front desk work and customer handling operations. A clerk work to manage inquiry comers, withdrawal, managing receipts, etc.
- A clerk also deals with the opening of new accounts, cash collection, issuing bank statements and handling mails and delivery.
SBI Clerk 2020 Selection Process
SBI clerk recruitment process consists of:
- Preliminary exam (Phase I)
- Main exam (Phase II)
- Test of Local Language
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.